Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 MS Conference > Bad news for Sony
Change Page: < 123 > | Showing page 2 of 3, messages 21 to 40 of 51
Ikashiru

• Total Posts : 649
RE: MS Conference &gt; Bad news for Sony - Aug 27, 2006 03:11
I can' t wait to see the reply interview from MS on this one, they willr eally have to wriggle out of it.

Still, not really an " Attack for massive damage" is it!?

Can' t wait for quez' s reaction either..
< Message edited by musashi -- 26 Aug 06 19:12:43 >
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
RE: MS Conference &gt; Bad news for Sony - Aug 27, 2006 03:51

" Attack for massive damage"

I think they can get around this with a little bit of " Real-time weapon change."

AKA focusing on other stuff for a while.
< Message edited by Eddie_the_Hated -- 26 Aug 06 19:52:13 >
uumai

• Total Posts : 1363
RE: MS Conference &gt; Bad news for Sony - Aug 27, 2006 04:18
Man that is so funny... Its odd coz i read on one site, and they didn' t seem to suggest pro evo was exclusive... I guess either MS was confused, or lied purposly during a european game show to steal thunder from the impending ps3. You euros love footie, well now you need a 360.

How many people will know otherwise? who don' t post on kikizo i mean...
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: MS Conference &gt; Bad news for Sony - Aug 27, 2006 04:54
Wow, that' s really out of order. As it is, 360 WILL have the games for 5 months + before PS3 but Microsoft saying it was a 12 month exclusive deal was naughty.

However the only way this would damage Microsoft is if when the PS3 version is released it looks and plays better than the 360 version.
uumai

• Total Posts : 1363
RE: MS Conference &gt; Bad news for Sony - Aug 27, 2006 05:38
I' d expect the ps3 to get a new version or at least an upgraded version.
ginjirou

• Total Posts : 4836
RE: MS Conference &gt; Bad news for Sony - Aug 27, 2006 05:50

ORIGINAL: Majikdra6on

However the only way this would damage Microsoft is if when the PS3 version is released it looks and plays better than the 360 version.

I think this has decreased Microsoft' s credability among those who follow the videogame industry, but not by much. The faith in their products and services will remain, but it will be more difficult to believe them in their following press conferences.
For their sake this better be the last time they make such a mistake. Otherwise people will look on them the same way many look at Sony.
And being the biggest company in the world where the founder is the richest guy in the world makes it even easier to hate, especially when most gamers of the past generations had Sony consoles.
Anyway, the fact that the PS3 is getting the games sooner than expected might affect 360 sales if some Sony loving soccer maniacs realize that they don' t have to wait ages to get their hands on a good soccer game.
< Message edited by ginjirou -- 26 Aug 06 21:52:30 >
Rampage99

• Total Posts : 3161
RE: MS Conference &gt; Bad news for Sony - Aug 27, 2006 06:10
If you hate MS because they are a huge company and bill Gates is the richest man in the world you' re f*cked up. Let' s not forget bill gates give more to charity then anyone and has already signed away his fortune to a charity when he dies. I hate people that hate MS because they have money. It' s such bullsh*t.
]GaNgStA[

• Total Posts : 2949
RE: MS Conference &gt; Bad news for Sony - Aug 27, 2006 06:11

I think this has decreased Microsoft' s credability among those who follow the videogame industry, but not by much.

First of all this shit is just low...even for MS.

I' m adding it to my MS WTF list that already contains:

1.Backward Compatibility for 360
2.Red light of death visiting way too many people and way too long after launch.
3.GTA4 exclusivity lies/confiusion

and here' s the new entry:

4.The " PES and FIFA as exclusives" lie

If you hate MS because they are a huge company and bill Gates is the richest man in the world you' re f*cked up. Let' s not forget bill gates give more to charity then anyone and has already signed away his fortune to a charity when he dies. I hate people that hate MS because they have money. It' s such bullsh*t.

Yeah - it' s retarded to hate them for being rich.
< Message edited by ]gangsta[ -- 26 Aug 06 22:14:13 >
ginjirou

RE: MS Conference &gt; Bad news for Sony - Aug 27, 2006 07:59

ORIGINAL: Rampage99

I know, but it' s easier to hate them because of that. With success and profit comes the expectations that you will do stuff right.
Bishonen

• Total Posts : 1718
RE: MS Conference &gt; Bad news for Sony - Aug 27, 2006 22:09

I think this has decreased Microsoft' s credability among those who follow the videogame industry, but not by much.

...nah... ..not really dude....

....see the majority of people who like the type of gaming products that Microsoft produce will remain satisfied as long as MS continue to serve good quality at reasonable prices.... ....and of course great games to play...

...the people who loose credibility (if they had any to begin with) are the ' gamers' who love bitching about this sort of behaviour when one company does it, but remain strangely disinterested when another company does it.....

dasher232

• Total Posts : 1729
RE: MS Conference &gt; Bad news for Sony - Aug 27, 2006 22:20

ORIGINAL: Bishonen

...the people who loose credibility (if they had any to begin with) are the ' gamers' who love bitching about this sort of behaviour when one company does it, but remain strangely disinterested when another company does it.....

Yup.
ginjirou

RE: MS Conference &gt; Bad news for Sony - Aug 28, 2006 02:39

ORIGINAL: Bishonen

....see the majority of people who like the type of gaming products that Microsoft produce will remain satisfied as long as MS continue to serve good quality at reasonable prices.... ....and of course great games to play...

That' s what I said:

The faith in their products and services will remain,

However I still believe that:

it will be more difficult to believe them in their following press conferences.

Very true.
QuezcatoL

• Total Posts : 7059
RE: MS Conference &gt; Bad news for Sony - Aug 28, 2006 02:58
I get why he got the tatto for GTA4.

Of the 5 most sold ps2 games 3 of them was GTA titles.
And who knows,MS might buy rockstar or get many cool things oiver XBL,buit i dont care,i might not even get GTA4 at all,but then again,GTA3 was really awesome when it come,such a big open ended world in 3d.
I was truly amazed,and you could do anythuing you wanted.
]GaNgStA[

RE: MS Conference &gt; Bad news for Sony - Aug 28, 2006 05:12

MS continue to serve good quality at reasonable prices.... ....and of course great games to play...

I think they need to upgrade their offerings to that " good quality" level and then continue.

It' s just stupid when so long after it' s launch 360 can still die on people (with no reasonable reason).It' s terrible when your console' s menu/OS can freeze.They sure did innovate with 360 - I don' t remember any console having so many problems so long after launch.

Original X-box had no problems (except for some minor DVD scratching problems at first).Now they have good games, the best online service , but the system itself is a disaster.

Yes, I know I' ll hear all the 360 fanboys screaming at once now , but this shouldn' t be happening 10 months after launch.
Nitro

RE: MS Conference &gt; Bad news for Sony - Aug 28, 2006 05:27
I can' t remember the last time somebody actually complained about the console dying on them. If it' s still happening then ofcourse it' s a problem but it can' t be a common thing otherwise people would still be bitching about it.

On a slightly different note, if 360 hasnt be launched in Poland yet, how did you manage to secure playtime on one to check out all of the demos Gangsta?! Somebody you know import one?!
]GaNgStA[

RE: MS Conference &gt; Bad news for Sony - Aug 28, 2006 05:41

If it' s still happening then ofcourse it' s a problem but it can' t be a common thing otherwise people would still be bitching about it.

People are still reporting it online - some people get a replacement and it dies as well.I' m not happy to report this - I like the games selection 360 has and it sucks that it' s so unpredictable.

On a slightly different note, if 360 hasnt be launched in Poland yet, how did you manage to secure playtime on one to check out all of the demos Gangsta?! Somebody you know import one?!

The thing is, we never really get any official launches.Our stores sometimes offer selling systems that aren' t officially here , but I wouldn' t call that importing.
Now that we' re in EU (and we' re pretty new here), we get most systems faster and for the European price.

My 360 experience, that troubles you so since I can remember, was thanks to my friend who owns one.I know you don' t believe me, what I don' t know is why you still bother asking me about it?
< Message edited by ]gangsta[ -- 27 Aug 06 21:42:35 >
Nitro

RE: MS Conference &gt; Bad news for Sony - Aug 28, 2006 05:44

My 360 experience, that troubles you so since I can remember, was thanks to my friend who owns one.I know you don' t believe me, what I don' t know is why you still bother asking me about it?

No need to be like that. I was asking because Microsoft announced the " official" Polish launch the other day along with one or two countries.
]GaNgStA[

RE: MS Conference &gt; Bad news for Sony - Aug 28, 2006 06:04
The funny thing is that original Xbox launched officially somwhere in 2004 if I remember correctly :)

MS Poland totally sucks.

Most of my systems are blackmarket german versions.

That' s why you hear me talkinbg about 360 and it' s problems - I haven' t had any kind of warranty for any of my consoles.
Nitro

RE: MS Conference &gt; Bad news for Sony - Aug 28, 2006 06:14
Ah!

Now if my console died i' d be pissed but i could fall back on the warranty and have them send me a new one but then you would get it cheaper wouldn' t you (same at the US price but in Euro' s?!).

Either way i can see why you' re concerned about paying for the machine and then it dying one you. Won' t PS3 be the same though? I guess the safest bet is Wii.
Rampage99

• Total Posts : 3161
RE: MS Conference &gt; Bad news for Sony - Aug 28, 2006 06:16

ORIGINAL: ]GaNgStA[

It' s just stupid when so long after it' s launch 360 can still die on people (with no reasonable reason).It' s terrible when your console' s menu/OS can freeze.They sure did innovate with 360 - I don' t remember any console having so many problems so long after launch.

Apparently you are forgetting the PS2. They have been consistantly breaking since launch.
Change Page: < 123 > | Showing page 2 of 3, messages 21 to 40 of 51

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message