Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Lord of the Rings: Battle for Middle Earth
Change Page: < 123 > | Showing page 2 of 3, messages 21 to 40 of 44
silverspade14

• Total Posts : 10
RE: Lord of the Rings: Battle for Middle Earth - Dec 27, 2004 15:48
i tried restarting my computer and the units still run really slow. is there any other way i can make it go? should i try restarting again? i already have it at very low. my specs are intel celeron 2.7 , 512 mb, geforce 5200( pci version, dont have an agp slot but it can play half life 2 fine).
jabronibasher

• Total Posts : 119
RE: Lord of the Rings: Battle for Middle Earth - Dec 28, 2004 14:01
have you tried turning off unnecessary programs ie spyware programs? we' ve got the same specs and mine runs ok ( if not quick) at ultra high settings.

-sweep ur system for spyware
-defrag ur hard drive
-update Direct X and/or motherboard
-turn off background programs

my only problem with slowdowns was cured with a quick restart. But i guess if u can play half life2, then u wouldnt have any problems with this game whatsoever. Hope it was helpful since im not really a technical sorta person.
mxpx182

• Total Posts : 1394
RE: Lord of the Rings: Battle for Middle Earth - Jan 04, 2005 06:24
jabronibasher, we should play online sometime soon. I went on a couple of more times since christmas, and had a blast. So far I' ve only been Gondor and Rohan, but I' ll have to venture to the dark side soon. Let me know if you want to play.
RavenShadow

• Total Posts : 680
RE: Lord of the Rings: Battle for Middle Earth - Jan 04, 2005 07:22
I installed and played the first level yesterday
Looks pretty sweet
mxpx182

RE: Lord of the Rings: Battle for Middle Earth - Jan 05, 2005 17:28
Ok, I just played another couple of games, and I' m getting somewhat competent with the Gondor Army. I moved to rank 3781 tonight. I' d love the chance for my armies to do battle with whoever wants!
Star Tekkie

• Total Posts : 97
RE: Lord of the Rings: Battle for Middle Earth - Jan 07, 2005 15:33
I haven' t tried this game out yet.. perhaps when I have some time to play a video game nonstop I will (Eitherwise I' ll loose interest after I reach a certain point... short attention span). Like maybe this summer or something.
mxpx182

RE: Lord of the Rings: Battle for Middle Earth - Jan 10, 2005 06:01
Man, EA better get there act in gear, cause a really ugly monster has reared it' s head online. The ladder is supposed to be a way of comparing yourself against other players to see how you rank, however this is not the case with Battle for Middle Earth. As of right now, if for some reason a player " disconnects" (ie. power outage, faulty modem, or childish player unplugging th modem) No victory is scored, and no loss is credited. Funny thing, i" ve had 6 players " disconnect" on me already. My current record online is 5-2 which ranks me about 3500. All of these disconnects have happened just as I was wabout to win. an 11-2 record would rank me in the top 500. There are tonnes of people complaining about this, ways to report, and no action will be taken. Sorry, but disconnects just don' t happen that often anymore, and even if they did, it wouldn' t always be the losing player who disconnects. There are a lot of people cheating right now, to the point where I won' t even play ladder matches till this is fixed. Any one know how to contact EA to complain to them directly?
jabronibasher

• Total Posts : 119
RE: Lord of the Rings: Battle for Middle Earth - Jan 12, 2005 07:03
that seems to be a consistent problem with online games 2day. i havent touched the game since my last post, but i suggest calling customer support and keep nagging them until u get an answer.

I enjoy playing as gondor as well, and those Tower Guard/Archer combinations kick ass. Im currently at the black gate, but my favorite level so far has to be the one at Osgiliath, where u have to defend the three bridges. Its also one of the best looking so far. Anyway id love to play online, so if ur up for it let me know i might be available this weekend. Until then i need to practice before i get my ass severly kicked, which is pretty much inevitable.
mxpx182

RE: Lord of the Rings: Battle for Middle Earth - Jan 12, 2005 11:12
don' t worry about getting your ass kicked! I' ve been humbled 3 nights in a row now, so I' m not so proud of myslef. For sure I' ll post a messsage for game time this weekend.
the.ben

• Total Posts : 324
RE: Lord of the Rings: Battle for Middle Earth - Jan 29, 2005 08:41
i just bought this game on sale at futureshop.....and so far it' s pretty good. i got humbled the first couple times i played onlin and then i managed a stalemate where it was blatantly obvious that no one was going to win, but i won cause he disconected first.........the last game i played last night was awesome though.....i completely mulched the other person, he had no idea what was comming to him.....and he never will because he disconected.....but oh how gandalf, boromir, feremir, the calvary and archers would have ripped him apart.
the.ben

RE: Lord of the Rings: Battle for Middle Earth - Jan 30, 2005 20:19
...and today i got mauled.
mxpx182

RE: Lord of the Rings: Battle for Middle Earth - Jan 31, 2005 06:04
Sorry about the mauling the.ben. Anyways, those were some epic battles you and I had. That team match we totally destroyed the ohter guys! Let' s play again sometime.
residentevil327

• Total Posts : 406
RE: Lord of the Rings: Battle for Middle Earth - Feb 01, 2005 13:38
i played it and its great
mxpx182

RE: Lord of the Rings: Battle for Middle Earth - Feb 01, 2005 13:56
Just got 512 more megs of RAM last night, and plugged it in. This game has a huge memory leakin it, but it works much better now with a full GB of ram. Apparently the leak is being fixed in the next patch, but just something anyone who' s going to run this game on 256 or 512 should know.
mxpx182

RE: Lord of the Rings: Battle for Middle Earth - Apr 16, 2005 10:53
Finally vengance is mine!!!!!!! Thankyou the.ben, for another series of excellent games, I couldn' t let you stay on top with your recent punding of my rohan forces. Is anyone else here still playing this? patch 1.02 is supposed to come out right away and have a bunch of balance fixes that are sure to make things interesting. I still really want to have a kikizo match online, the.ben and I have been for a while, but it' d be great to have a 2 vs 2or even a 3 vs 3. My handle in the game is matof19 so lemme know.
the.ben

RE: Lord of the Rings: Battle for Middle Earth - Apr 16, 2005 20:57
my username on BFME id Ben403.....i propose that whom ever wants, we have a game this friday night. if this works for you, let me know.
mxpx182

RE: Lord of the Rings: Battle for Middle Earth - Apr 18, 2005 07:21
Friday' s good for me the.ben. I hope others join us, I' d hate for it to be the same old you be gondor, I be someone else, you bring gandy out laughing how you are going to kill me, I laugh as you run him by my towers and watch him die
the.ben

RE: Lord of the Rings: Battle for Middle Earth - Apr 18, 2005 12:23
the only time i laughed was the time i watched your rohan heroes die over and over and over again.....i was crying every other time.
the.ben

RE: Lord of the Rings: Battle for Middle Earth - Apr 18, 2005 12:24
...and we should really set a time for friday to play.
mxpx182

RE: Lord of the Rings: Battle for Middle Earth - Apr 18, 2005 13:32
The earlier after work the better on friday. I live in Saskatchewan Canada, so we are on NOrth American Mt. time right now. 6:00 would be best, that way I' d probably have time for 2 matches.
Change Page: < 123 > | Showing page 2 of 3, messages 21 to 40 of 44

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message