Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 KRATOS
canadagamer

• Total Posts : 965
KRATOS - Jan 30, 2007 09:50
mastachefbkw

• Total Posts : 3793
RE: KRATOS - Jan 30, 2007 11:29
looked pretty good. looked like a really good original xbox game, which is very impressive since this is early and they have a whole lot of time to improve the visuals. Other than that it looks pretty fun
uumai

• Total Posts : 1363
RE: KRATOS - Jan 30, 2007 22:13

ORIGINAL: mastachefbkw

looked pretty good. looked like a really good original xbox game, which is very impressive since this is early and they have a whole lot of time to improve the visuals. Other than that it looks pretty fun

Im confused by your comment to say it looks like a good first gen xbox game is a huge compliment and already over-achieving for the system it' s not that early, why would they need to improve it more? the game is done aside from some QA
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: KRATOS - Jan 30, 2007 23:04
It' s no Ninja Gaiden or Chaos Theory, but it' s certtainly nicer than many Xbox games, and i wouldn' t limit that to just first gen games either.

God of War 2, like Tekken 5 and Shadow of the Colossus - really pushes the system to it' s limits, but to be frank, PS2 maxed out is far more impressive than most of Xbox' s mid-range games. Only the best looking games on Xbox look nicer, and even then PS2 handles somethings, specifically particle effects better than Microsoft' s machine.

I mean, look at RE4. It' s one of the nicest looking games of the previous generation and the PS2 version is only lacking the fancy lighting effects and has blurred textures compared to the Gamecube version. Everything else remained intact, and it got additional content on top of the Cube version so it was hardly due to a lack of disk space.

I' m not even limiting it to multiplatform games like the Prince of Persia titles, Mortal Kombat: Shaolin Monks or Spartan: Total Warrior, because i think GoW2 looks nicer than both Otogi games, Advent Rising, Blinx 2 (developed by Blue Dragon dev Artoon), and even (oh my!) Jade Empire...

I don' t even thing the first game was that good and i don' t expect much from this. I prefer DMC3 and Ninja Gaiden over this, mostly because both have far far more depth as far as gameplay goes, but i wouldn' t put the game down graphically. If it ran in 720p native it' d rival many next gen games, just as Ninja Gaiden does running on a 360.
Bishonen

• Total Posts : 1718
RE: KRATOS - Jan 31, 2007 06:11
....to be fair to ex-box, you have to remember that Microsoft totally abandoned the machine as soon as the x360 was announced...

...if MS had the courtesy to continue to support it like Sony have with PS2, i' m sure that we would of really seen some totally fantastic games released on it (not hard as the machine' s full potential was hardly fully tested)...

...but if that had happened, many would of probably questioned x360' s validity..
Nitro

RE: KRATOS - Jan 31, 2007 06:23

ORIGINAL: Bishonen

....to be fair to ex-box, you have to remember that Microsoft totally abandoned the machine as soon as the x360 was announced...

...if MS had the courtesy to continue to support it like Sony have with PS2, i' m sure that we would of really seen some totally fantastic games released on it (not hard as the machine' s full potential was hardly fully tested)...

...but if that had happened, many would of probably questioned x360' s validity..

I dunno dude. Xbox never really showed any graphical evolution. It was easy to develop for and so unlike PS2 it had really nice looking games early on. There were never any games that people said " wow, i never thought it' d be possible on that hardware" - like Shadow of the Colossus or RE4 on PS2.
mastachefbkw

• Total Posts : 3793
RE: KRATOS - Jan 31, 2007 06:31

Im confused by your comment to say it looks like a good first gen xbox game is a huge compliment and already over-achieving for the system it' s not that early, why would they need to improve it more? the game is done aside from some QA

It appears that im confused? I complimented it. I said it looked pretty good visual wise. Im sure the game play will be really good. To me, visually, it looks almost exactly like prince of persia.

... anyways; I thought it was like half way done. Isnt it? I mean it shouldnt be releasing anytime soon should it?
Abasoufiane

• Total Posts : 2127
RE: KRATOS - Jan 31, 2007 06:37
i agree with you about many things you said nitro (nah i prefer magic), the latest trailer of god of war is absolutly incredible, i can believe it' s running on ps2 and i never seen something as beautiful as that on xbox. please people go watch the latest trailer " trailer 3" on www.gametrailers.com.

i just can' t stop thinkning of what can do this team on ps3... i really loved the first god of war, and this will be something huge.
Bishonen

• Total Posts : 1718
RE: KRATOS - Jan 31, 2007 07:19

I dunno dude. Xbox never really showed any graphical evolution. It was easy to develop for and so unlike PS2 it had really nice looking games early on. There were never any games that people said " wow, i never thought it' d be possible on that hardware" - like Shadow of the Colossus or RE4 on PS2

...four words:

Splinter Cell Chaos Theory

(and it was released about 3 months before x360 was announced)
Nitro

RE: KRATOS - Jan 31, 2007 07:35
And Doom 3, and Escape From Butcher Bay, ...but you know what i mean. PS2 visuals have gradually evolved and repeatedly broken through what were previously though to be it' s boundaries.

But i see your point as far as 360 is concerned. Bear in mind that Double Agent runs on the same engine at CT though. They should have gone UE3.0. The platform may have been too early, but i' m not that bothered as the games i bought it for are here now (though mostly only just) ...

Vx Chemical

• Total Posts : 5534
RE: KRATOS - Jan 31, 2007 14:30

I mean, look at RE4. It' s one of the nicest looking games of the previous generation and the PS2 version is only lacking the fancy lighting effects and has blurred textures compared to the Gamecube version. Everything else remained intact, and it got additional content on top of the Cube version so it was hardly due to a lack of disk space.

Thats not exactly true, the slaughtered the polygon counts as well, but they made the models like quite nice anyway.

But the washed out textures werent so good!
Nitro

RE: KRATOS - Jan 31, 2007 19:32
Really?

Odd given that PS2 can push a far higher polycount than Gamecube anyway. Perhaps the power was used elsewhere to keep it comparable. Either way, the PS2 game was technically impressive and while the Gamecube version is clearly the better looking game when both are viewed side by side, playing one, and then playing the other and you' d be hard pushed to identify the areas that are notably different.
Nitro

RE: KRATOS - Jan 31, 2007 21:24
Meh, because i can' t get the JavaScript to run here i' ve had to use Glickr...

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll