Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 How can you like DoA4?
Change Page: < 123 > | Showing page 2 of 3, messages 21 to 40 of 56
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: How can you like DoA4? - Jan 04, 2007 22:35

Especially the females, they look like dolls.

That' s the idea. They' re not supposed to look hyper realistic, they' re supposed to look more like anime characters than anything else.

Also, Soul Calibur > DOA any day of the week, even if SC was sick with some horrible disease.

Huge production values don' t make games good. Soul Calibur' s II and III are generic washed up rubbish. Well actually the Gamecube version of II was pretty cool but neither sequels have matched the Dreamcast original.

What i have found is that weapon based fighting games simply don' t match ther hand to hand equivalents when it comes to depth. I' d argue that DoA has far more depth to it' s fighting mechanics than Soul Calibur, you just have to know how to play properly.

Nobody can argue that Soul Calibur for the most part doesn' t have interesting characters or mechanics but it' s so grossly over the top that the combat feels like it wasn' t the main focus. It' s not balanced and it gets old very quickly. Dead or Alive may not be for everybody as i said before and i can see why some would prefer Soul Calibur but i' ll take DoA over SC any day of the week. I mean, i' d take VF or Tekken over DoA, but Soul Calibur is just lame. Flashy but lame.
ginjirou

• Total Posts : 4836
RE: How can you like DoA4? - Jan 04, 2007 22:40
Soul Calibur for the Dreamcast was amazing. The sequels aren' t as good though, it feels like they are slower or something. But they' re still great games. Soul Calibur is the perfect fighting game for people who like to have fun instantly without " getting used to" the game or " training" . But the game also has some depth for those who want that.
And it' s also the only good fighting game with weapons.
I' d say Tekken is definitely the best fighter for the average gamer.
It' s not as deep as VF, sexy as DoA, gory as Mortal Kombat and it doesn' t have weapons like Soul Calibur or fireballs like Street Fighter, but it has a nice balance that makes the game fun for everyone (almost).
QuezcatoL

• Total Posts : 7059
RE: How can you like DoA4? - Jan 04, 2007 22:42
I forgot to say that i hate all fighting games,no only doa4.

ginjirou

RE: How can you like DoA4? - Jan 04, 2007 22:43

Then I hate Blue Dragon!
QuezcatoL

RE: How can you like DoA4? - Jan 04, 2007 22:44
You do that,it still got 37/40 from Famitsu and sells good,nobody can stop Sakaguchi
Bishonen

• Total Posts : 1718
RE: How can you like DoA4? - Jan 05, 2007 00:41

Nope, DOA didn' t make Female Characters look badass. More like Sex Symbols honestly, of course it' s nice to look at them, but I have Christie Monteiro

...you' ve never actually played DOA have you? if you had, you' d know that DOA is the only fighting series where the majority of the best characters to use are female....

....DOA is done the way it is to appeal to the non acne-scared geeks of this world.... ....of which a large percent happen to be female....
< Message edited by Bishonen -- 4 Jan 07 21:30:27 >
Shikashi

• Total Posts : 196
RE: How can you like DoA4? - Jan 05, 2007 02:03
How does a game based on boobs, panties and Asian horny girls appeals to...Girls? Must' ve misunderstood something there. And I have DOA 2 so, what are you talking about? And screw playing with Girls! I lose everytime because the panties distract me, Hayabusa ftw!
Bishonen

• Total Posts : 1718
RE: How can you like DoA4? - Jan 05, 2007 03:58

Must' ve misunderstood something there.

.....that would seem to be an understatement...
Shikashi

• Total Posts : 196
RE: How can you like DoA4? - Jan 05, 2007 04:04
So..Huh? You were saying it appealed to who? The females or the non-acne-geeks?
ginjirou

RE: How can you like DoA4? - Jan 05, 2007 05:11

ORIGINAL: QuezcatoL

You do that,it still got 37/40 from Famitsu and sells good,nobody can stop Sakaguchi

hrm..... I' ll probably buy the damn game when it gets here. When is that anyway?
But I' ll be reminded of you and your damn avatar when playing it though
QuezcatoL

RE: How can you like DoA4? - Jan 05, 2007 06:11
It will probably be here when FF12 hit europe.

nekkid_monkey

• Total Posts : 818
RE: How can you like DoA4? - Jan 05, 2007 09:09

ORIGINAL: Shikashi

How does a game based on boobs, panties and Asian horny girls appeals to...Girls?

Girls like to play as pretty girls. When my wife and I play, she picks always Kasumi because " she' s cute" . Those are her words, not mine.

As a matter of fact, when think about it, every girl I' ve ever played with picks a female character when given the choice.
Back when I could get my little sister to play SF2, she ALWAYS picked Chun Li. When Tomb Raider first came out, the chicks I knew LOVED that game.

Actually, I' ve never witnessed a female get offended by a female character in a game, however scantily clad. It' s always some holier-than-thou " true gamer" guy looking for a reason to put down the game.

locopuyo

• Total Posts : 3138
RE: How can you like DoA4? - Jan 05, 2007 15:37
All girls that I have played DOAX with loved it.
Joe Redifer

• Total Posts : 4481
RE: How can you like DoA4? - Jan 05, 2007 15:56

I just bought it and after playing it the entire day trying to find out what' s so great about I realised that it sucks.

If it sucked, you would have turned it off after an hour at most. The game stole an entire day from you when you first bought it. You love Dead or Alive 4. You couldn' t put it down.

Huge production values don' t make games good. Soul Calibur' s II and III are generic washed up rubbish. Well actually the Gamecube version of II was pretty cool but neither sequels have matched the Dreamcast original.

The Dreamcast is the sequel to Soul Edge or Soul Blade or some nonsense like that. It was one of those PlayStation games where the horribly blocky polygons started to bend and contort thus losing any semblance of perspective as they got close to the screen. Wait... ALL PlayStation games with polygons do that.
< Message edited by Joe Redifer -- 5 Jan 07 7:57:05 >
f3hunter

• Total Posts : 821
RE: How can you like DoA4? - Jan 05, 2007 18:02

If you actually take time to figure out which character works best for you and then learn their moves and get some serious practice in it' ll start to grow on you.

For anyone who’s into their fighting games, like me, it would be the complete opposite.. First you actually enjoy the game but as you start to dig deeper and study one particular character you start to realise how ' broke' the mechanics are.

The only DOA that stood up to VF at its time was DOA1 on arcade/Saturn.. The counter system was certainly a fresh feature and was (obviously) at its most basic, in which this systems works best... I loved DOA on Sega Saturn, even while owning the mighty VF2, DOA still stood up to it.
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: How can you like DoA4? - Jan 05, 2007 18:25
Nobody is saying that DoA is better than Tekken or Virtua Fighter. DoA has more depth than people give it credit for and what some of us are saying is that it' s better than Soul Calibur.

I like anime, i like Team Ninjas characters and style. I like the fast and fluid nature of the combat and while i realize that it could never compete on a serious level with Virtua Fighter i also don' t see a mindless button mashing bouncing boob sim with watered down fighting mechanics.
mikayd2

• Total Posts : 1129
RE: How can you like DoA4? - Jan 05, 2007 21:40
Doa Sucks thats what I think
QuezcatoL

RE: How can you like DoA4? - Jan 05, 2007 21:57

Doa Sucks thats what I think

quiet.
ginjirou

RE: How can you like DoA4? - Jan 05, 2007 22:37
Don' t get me wrong, I think DoA4 is a pretty deep game. There are lots of things to master. But it' s simply not any fun. I can' t really get that feeling in the fights that I get with other fighting games.
I like anime too so that' s not what I dislike, I mean I love Street Fighter and Guilty gear.
But I feel I don' t really have control over the characters in DoA. In Tekken and Virtua Fighter it' s like I' m controlling the characters with my mind but in DoA it feels different. It' s like a push a button and they do tons of stuff by themselves. It doesn' t feel right.
I also feel the counter system, even though it is improved in DoA4, is too easy to perform. There' s to much counter attacking in DoA.
Soul Calibur is not a very deep game but it' s great fun because it' s easily accesible for anyone.

If it sucked, you would have turned it off after an hour at most. The game stole an entire day from you when you first bought it. You love Dead or Alive 4. You couldn' t put it down
No, I played it because I spent extra money on it.
I couldn' t wait a couple of days to get it cheap in a store so I went and bought it for a much higher price in another store.
You don' t want to dislike a game you payed extra for
Dead Saint

• Total Posts : 205
RE: How can you like DoA4? - Jan 05, 2007 23:12
DOA4 is utter shit. The ninja characters are just so over powered thats its almost pointless to play as one of the other characters.

The end boss is the cheapest piece of crap ever in a beat em up.

The only good thing about it is the interactive areas
Change Page: < 123 > | Showing page 2 of 3, messages 21 to 40 of 56

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread