Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Heavenly Sword (PS3)
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
Heavenly Sword (PS3) - May 06, 2006 03:12
Ingame shots, but unfortunately they' re mostly scans.

These are the previous screens from last year (these are not ingame) ...

It should be a launch title, -- what do you guys think?!
< Message edited by Majikdra6on -- 5 May 06 19:21:17 >
uumai

• Total Posts : 1363
RE: Heavenly Sword (PS3) - May 06, 2006 04:12
I would say it' s pretty good, a much better comparrison than other E3 vids to real-time.

Sure the lighting and detail was much better in the videos and for some reason the main character seems to glow, but it seems ok... i guess. Reserve judgement for seeing it in motion though.

Sony stated that the E3 videos represented the games, and the video seems to convey the game well, the game seems to stick to it at least...

Nothing shown for PS3 has been very impressive to me yet... Hopefully something will come at E3
< Message edited by uumai -- 5 May 06 20:15:32 >
dasher232

• Total Posts : 1729
RE: Heavenly Sword (PS3) - May 06, 2006 04:17
Honestly not meaning to be critical but it doesn' t look brilliant to me it actually looked better from the smaller pics...anyway probably looks better in motion so...
Silentbomber

• Total Posts : 4673
RE: Heavenly Sword (PS3) - May 06, 2006 06:10
dosent look bad, but it dosent look great either. But for a first generation ps3 title, its decent enough.
QuezcatoL

• Total Posts : 7059
RE: Heavenly Sword (PS3) - May 06, 2006 06:11
Looks fun still,but how will they manage to have 5000 enemies at screen at once as they talked about.
These enemies looks not as good as n3 tbh...

Anyway this game will come out earlister novemember,so who knows,might become much better in time.
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: Heavenly Sword (PS3) - May 06, 2006 06:25
It' s not spectacular but i think that game itself is gonna be kickass. This is one of the games on PS3 that i' m really interested in and if they can pull it off with style then these visuals are more than fine.

The characters (main and otherwise) don' t look as nice as 99 Nights, but even N3 looked fairly poor until about 3 months before it' s release. With optimization this will look better than it does (the textures need work).

I' ve been told it' s actually going to run natively in 720p, something i suspect most launch games will do.

The art direction is very nice and from the look of things it employs a dynamic camera which is also a good thing. I' d like to see some of the epic battles from the trailer but it' s good to know that there are areas like this to break up the huge battles.

I like it.
QuezcatoL

RE: Heavenly Sword (PS3) - May 06, 2006 07:05
Sony fanboys told me it would look like as good as in that cgi with 5000 enemies in 1080p,guess they was bullshiting me ;)
Seriously atleast n3 lagged in big battles in tgs,however no ps3 game ever laggs,something fishy with their games,some ps3 games better lagg in e3 or else i will be dissapointed in sony once again.

However as you said majik this game looks very intresting,but the visual needs to become better,and they better start show off this epic scale battles that they talked about,so far i just seen way way way worser graphic then their cgi thing and now they just added 1-5 enemies...

If the battle is supposed to be much more intense then N3 i can understand if they gonna use much lesser enemies,but atleast they could have showed 500 enemis...

]GaNgStA[

• Total Posts : 2949
RE: Heavenly Sword (PS3) - May 06, 2006 16:43
looks really interesting - far more interesting than N3 to me
ginjirou

• Total Posts : 4836
RE: Heavenly Sword (PS3) - May 06, 2006 18:21
Yeah it looks interesting but um... what exactly do you do in the game? Beat the crap out of 5000 enemies at once?
QuezcatoL

RE: Heavenly Sword (PS3) - May 06, 2006 19:04
Hmmm dont know but the video last year was showing something like that ;)
Silentbomber

• Total Posts : 4673
RE: Heavenly Sword (PS3) - May 07, 2006 08:12

some ps3 games better lagg in e3 or else i will be dissapointed in sony once again.

Ha ha. Funny.

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message