Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Halo 2 for PC Surprise Surprise
Change Page: 1234 > | Showing page 1 of 4, messages 1 to 20 of 71
Vx Chemical

• Total Posts : 5534
Halo 2 for PC Surprise Surprise - Feb 10, 2006 02:33
I didnt count on this one at all...

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/press/2006/0206-halo2vista.htm
QuezcatoL

• Total Posts : 7059
RE: Halo 2 for PC Surprise Surprise - Feb 10, 2006 02:34
" PCs exclusively for Windows Vista. " Halo 2" for Windows Vista will be developed by a dedicated Microsoft Game Studios team in partnership with Bungie Studios.

Only for Windows Vista, " Halo 2" will offer gamers both the single-player campaign and multiplayer experience of the original, as well as the additional maps offered in the " Halo 2 Multiplayer Map Pack." Gamers will also have the exciting opportunity to build, create and customize their own multiplayer levels."

HAHAHAHHA

MS THINK...They can sell VISTA by make it the only option to buy halo2 for pc...omfg.
Piece of scumbags,the game barley sold6 millions,and is considered a joke by pc players,good luck selling it,with also VISTA Req...
omg

You know what sux though?
MS has taken over bungie,and now they made sure people with linux cant play,and people with xp has to bvuy ms new produc vista,to play it,MS not a greedy plauge who show their trueself?!
OKAY?!!!
< Message edited by QuezcatoL -- 9 Feb 06 19:08:53 >
Vx Chemical

• Total Posts : 5534
RE: Halo 2 for PC Surprise Surprise - Feb 10, 2006 04:27
Ehhhh Quez, whether you like Windows Vista or not, you will have it on your pc sooner or later, thats a fact. I dont think most PC gamers consider Halo 2 a joke, where on earth did you get that idea from? They like Halo:CE, so they will like Halo2.

Halo2 has better multiplayer, and to some degree better single player than CE
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: Halo 2 for PC Surprise Surprise - Feb 10, 2006 05:17
Ignore him VX he' s just daft in the head!

Halo 2 will be big on PC regardless and like you said, most PC owners will end up using Vista anyway (it does look nice!). I think they should put some real effort into updating the graphics engine and multi-player content in the game though, just to make it an essential purchase.

Microsoft know good business and this is just another example of how it works. I' m a big fan of Halo 2' s multi-player (the solo experience didn' t match up to CE but wasn' t as bad as people make out) and it' d be nice to have an updated version (kinda like what Valve did with CS:S) on PC.
QuezcatoL

RE: Halo 2 for PC Surprise Surprise - Feb 10, 2006 06:22
I know people who use win2k even today,and no i wont change winxp to vista any time near.
Nitro

RE: Halo 2 for PC Surprise Surprise - Feb 10, 2006 06:28
Ok, but do you even know what Vista can do?

XP' s been pretty lame really, as it comes. You have to spend an awful lot of time modifying it with all sorts of utilities and stuff until it shows it' s real potential.

Vista looks really impressive to say the least.

Many businesses still use 2000, simply because it' s more stable. 2000' s cool and most stuff that XP supports is supported by 2000 as well. Home users have pretty much moved over though, i mean XP' s getting on now and people have either had to format their drives and decided to put XP on instead, or bought new PC' s in the past 4 years and got XP pre-installed.

I don' t know anyone who hasn' t got XP. I used to, but then he got a new PC...
QuezcatoL

RE: Halo 2 for PC Surprise Surprise - Feb 10, 2006 06:33
My argument is still here,freaking MS,has buyed Bungie,then what do they do?
They make sure only people can play bungies games with VISTA,so people have to change OS,and they take out linux and winxp for people,ofc they can work the game with winxp/LInux,but MS has made sure to piss people off with this lame pr trick for their vista.
Is this what MS gonna be?
jesus...
Damn these people.
Im glad they only own Bungie and rare,..
Nitro

RE: Halo 2 for PC Surprise Surprise - Feb 10, 2006 06:40
No, you just come to argue.

It' s business Quez, and good business at that. They want to make money and attack the competition, ...technically there' s nothing wrong with that.

Do you use Linux?
locopuyo

• Total Posts : 3138
RE: Halo 2 for PC Surprise Surprise - Feb 10, 2006 06:46
Anyone else think queztall is a 13 year old nubtard?
QuezcatoL

RE: Halo 2 for PC Surprise Surprise - Feb 10, 2006 06:49
No,i own winxp,and not win2k or linux,however i do know many who use linux,and i also know some pc guys who are really hi tech at stuff,and use win2k to pc' s that are just monsters cause they think win2k is still nr1.
I can understand that they take away win2k,but as they done now?
And also,they doesnt say,we doesnt support winxp,they say vista only,basically,it wont run on winxp,they made sure it wont run,here its not something they just doesnt made sure to support,but they really made sure only vista works.
Fuck them.

And btw i own halo2 to xbox,and dont need this game,but this pr trick,with delaying halo3 to the movie in 2007 is showing the dark side of ms that people was afraid they would turn into if they got any shares into the console market.
QuezcatoL

RE: Halo 2 for PC Surprise Surprise - Feb 10, 2006 06:50

Anyone else think queztall is a 13 year old nubtard?

Yes,i have no right to be pissed off,cause they made sure it wont work on winxp or linux,yes im sure im the only one.
Freaking xbox fanboys.
If people cant see how disgusting this move is by MS then they are clearly fanboys.
Nitro

RE: Halo 2 for PC Surprise Surprise - Feb 10, 2006 06:54
Dude he called you a nubtard!
< Message edited by Majikdra6on -- 9 Feb 06 22:55:12 >
QuezcatoL

RE: Halo 2 for PC Surprise Surprise - Feb 10, 2006 07:01

Dude he called you a nubtard!

I have no idea what that means,and btw im 19,and he can call me wtf he wants in this post,cause he is an xbox fanboy,and get offended by everything that is negative towards MS/XBOX.
Nitro

RE: Halo 2 for PC Surprise Surprise - Feb 10, 2006 07:08
Can we not use the term ' fanboy' please, it' s childish!

You' re 19, congratulation on that...

...nubtard!
UnluckyOne

• Total Posts : 995
RE: Halo 2 for PC Surprise Surprise - Feb 10, 2006 07:44
Quez you sure have a warped view of major companies - and the way business works. Unless you' ve been hiding under a rock for the past 19 years you' ll know that big businesses are never your friend. They' re out to make money and as long as they get it, they couldn' t care about anyone. This applies to Nintendo, Sony, Microsoft and every other major player out there. They are all extremely successful because of stategies like this.

Microsoft have found a way to kill two birds with one stone. From a business perspective I' d call them idiots if they didn' t exploit it. Supposedly delaying Halo 3 to coincide with the release of the movie is another smart business strategy that will make them (guess what?) MONEY.

Everyone is flaming you because your argument and conception of the way business works is flawed. It has nothing to do with fanboyism.

Besides, I' m not sure why there' s such a negative view of Vista anyway. Have you actually gotten your hands on a copy? The IT department at the architectural firm that I work at get' s the latest Vista beta' s to test regularly. After playing with them for a while, I can say that it does have a lot of potential. There are quite a few things that I don' t like in it (like the over simplification of some menus, IE7 seems a little too bloated for my liking, etc) but there' s still quite a bit of dev time left on it to implement feedback from testers. I don' t think Vista will be as big as the change from 98->XP. At the moment it feels like a much more refined version of XP but I don' t think it' ll be crappy by any means.
Flaze

• Total Posts : 4
RE: Halo 2 for PC Surprise Surprise - Feb 10, 2006 08:10
Windows are now a defacto standard, which means, sooner or later you will be forced to upgrade or you will have an empty computer.
Nitro

RE: Halo 2 for PC Surprise Surprise - Feb 10, 2006 08:13
Welcome Flaze!
Flaze

• Total Posts : 4
RE: Halo 2 for PC Surprise Surprise - Feb 10, 2006 08:14
o, Hey, Thanks ^^
Chee Saw

• Total Posts : 1466
RE: Halo 2 for PC Surprise Surprise - Feb 10, 2006 08:25
I don' t see how Halo 3 was delayed, as a release date was never announced.

As far as them making it compatible with only Vista, I don' t know. For people who want to play it on a pc, it MAY make them upgrade a little faster, but I don' t see the advantage. As a matter of fact, they are purposefully limiting their market for the game. Smart move?
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
RE: Halo 2 for PC Surprise Surprise - Feb 10, 2006 10:02
i won' t blast windows vista, but unless you work for a company with an extensive IT dept, you probably don' t have the hardware to run it, because as of 2 months ago a good amount of the hardware didn' t exist yet, (that' s when i stopped following the vista press releases) which will make this year really interesting for pc gamers, see, that' s why i enjoy consoles so much. designed for one main purpose. fairly priced compared to gaming pc' s, and every game from first to last on that system is guaranteed to work. well, actually i retract some of that, yes pc' s will most likely always be ahead of consoles visually, and yes modifications are much easier, but everything is so much more expensive! sorry i' m just sore that i don' t have any money for pc bitz.
Change Page: 1234 > | Showing page 1 of 4, messages 1 to 20 of 71

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message