Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 HD gaming. How does it help?
Change Page: < 1234 > | Showing page 3 of 4, messages 41 to 60 of 64
f3hunter

• Total Posts : 821
RE: HD gaming. How does it help? - Nov 29, 2006 07:15

Who the fuck cares if you play using a 150" screen?! When did this become a pissing contest? I mean, there are people here playing their PC and console games on 20" monitors and 26" HDTV' s, ...should they kiss your ass too?

My ass?

ITs, marios ass.

Seriously

Im not gona let a guy call me a ' retard' and try to tell me what a true ' HD experience should be, assuming that i use a 17inch monitor just because i play PC games lol..Thats childish right there..
(when in actual fact i use a CRT projector that can do up to 1080p native)

ITs like me saying you use a 12" portable to play your console games on, when i actually havent a clue what you use.

I know i really should just ignore him but somethimes i have to put some people right..

Edit: OR Mario does..

< Message edited by f3hunter -- 28 Nov 06 23:24:21 >
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: HD gaming. How does it help? - Nov 29, 2006 07:24

ORIGINAL: f3hunter

I know i really should just ignore him but somethimes i have to put some people right.

Perhaps i' m just insanely jealous that you have a HD projector and i don' t...

Y' know what, VF5 on that thing is going to make your head explode!
Evil Man

• Total Posts : 1441
RE: HD gaming. How does it help? - Nov 30, 2006 10:12
f3hunter again proves he is a dumb fuck

150" at 1080p would look like shit

Projectors are garbage. Oh let me go turn all the lights off everytime I want to watch TV because I' m too much of a fucking pussy to buy a real TV.

There' s 3 fucking lamps around me with 10+ lights each and I still see this clearly, because Im not a pussy that goes and buys projectors so he has to live a vampire lifestyle and avoid all light or else he can' t see shit.

But then again this guys sound like a 30 year old living in his parents basement, a projector suits him fine living in poor-lighted conditions anyway, plus it saves his parents money on the electric bill. Fucking queer.
< Message edited by Evil Man -- 30 Nov 06 2:19:07 >
Joe Redifer

• Total Posts : 4481
RE: HD gaming. How does it help? - Nov 30, 2006 12:34
LOL Evil Man your posts always crack me up and they are entertaining to read, but I must comment on one thing:

I think you mean 1080p at 150" but that matters not. What I want to mention is what movie theaters are doing these days. Lots of auditoriums are going from 35mm film to DLP digital projection. The resolution of these projectors are usually referred to as " 2K" and they look surprisingly decent. When they say " 2K" , they mean horizontal pixels, and yes, that means 1920 pixels from left to right. There are a few screens across the country that run at 4K, but not many (and there is a huge difference in onscreen quality).

Of course, home theater projectors are nowhere near the quality of theatrical projectors, so maybe your statement is true. I' d have to see the home theater version.
Evil Man

RE: HD gaming. How does it help? - Nov 30, 2006 12:53
Are you fucking kidding me?

I dont even go to the theatres anymore because movies look better on my TV than on the shitty screens most of them have. And if I do go there has to be empty seats on the very back of the theatre room as the only way I can tolerate the shitty picture quality is if I' m standing a fucking mile away from the screen.
< Message edited by Evil Man -- 30 Nov 06 4:56:29 >
Terry Bogard

• Total Posts : 3915
RE: HD gaming. How does it help? - Nov 30, 2006 13:35
I' m lucky cause I don' t want much in screen size! Under 30 inch screens are what I look for! I' ve never been crazy about huge screens..
Joe Redifer

RE: HD gaming. How does it help? - Nov 30, 2006 14:09
Theaters have the capability of kicking the hell out of HDTV, but like Evil Man has noticed, few theaters even try. And that includes the sound! In many theaters the assistant manager (or less) will be the person who runs upstairs and haphazardly threads the projector and presses start, ensuring that the print gets scratched and acquires lots of dirt. Let' s not forget about piss-poor focus, jittery images, and out of frame threading. It really is sad.
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
RE: HD gaming. How does it help? - Dec 01, 2006 05:30

There are a few screens across the country that run at 4K, but not many (and there is a huge difference in onscreen quality).
We have one around here I believe, it was a huge freaking uproar when Star Wars: III came out, everybody was clambering to go see " the better pixels and the definitions and stuff" ...

Theaters have the capability of kicking the hell out of HDTV, but like Evil Man has noticed, few theaters even try. And that includes the sound! In many theaters the assistant manager (or less) will be the person who runs upstairs and haphazardly threads the projector and presses start, ensuring that the print gets scratched and acquires lots of dirt. Let' s not forget about piss-poor focus, jittery images, and out of frame threading. It really is sad.
It' s no wonder the industry is doing so poorly right now. Well... that and LimeWire.
f3hunter

RE: HD gaming. How does it help? - Dec 01, 2006 07:05

Projectors are garbage. Oh let me go turn all the lights off everytime I want to watch TV because I' m too much of a fucking pussy to buy a real TV.

There' s 3 fucking lamps around me with 10+ lights each and I still see this clearly, because Im not a pussy that goes and buys projectors so he has to live a vampire lifestyle and avoid all light or else he can' t see shit.

But then again this guys sound like a 30 year old living in his parents basement, a projector suits him fine living in poor-lighted conditions anyway, plus it saves his parents money on the electric bill. Fucking queer.

Oh, dear, that entire childish (but funny) rant is about to be sooo owned:

Marquee 9500LC ultra

Seriously, try to ' use whatever brain you have and try and get the ' facts' before opening that foul mouth

< Message edited by f3hunter -- 30 Nov 06 23:26:25 >
locopuyo

• Total Posts : 3138
RE: HD gaming. How does it help? - Dec 01, 2006 08:36
^^ is that some sort of robot?

There are a couple of really good new theaters around where I live and the picture quality straight up pwns any home system.
Evil Man

RE: HD gaming. How does it help? - Dec 01, 2006 08:42

Oh, dear, that entire childish (but funny) rant is about to be sooo owned:

Marquee 9500LC ultra

Seriously, try to ' use whatever brain you have and try and get the ' facts' before opening that foul mouth

Are you fucking high on crack? You want facts?

Fact #1: You' re a dumb fuck for owning a projector.
Fact #2: You' re a dumb fuck for posting pictures of shitty projectors on here, nobody gives a fuck.
Joe Redifer

RE: HD gaming. How does it help? - Dec 01, 2006 09:04

We have one around here I believe, it was a huge freaking uproar when Star Wars: III came out

Probably not a 4K, as Star Wars Episodes II and III were literally shot at 1080p, and then cropped to the 2.39:1 aspect ratio.
f3hunter

RE: HD gaming. How does it help? - Dec 01, 2006 09:20

Perhaps i' m just insanely jealous that you have a HD projector and i don' t...

Y' know what, VF5 on that thing is going to make your head explode!

Im actually not going to use my PS3 on my theater.. Im gona make a sit down, two seater arcade machine, with SEGA arcade sticks on board.

I' ll be based around a 37 inch HD screen (im looking into a decent HDMI 1080p model, depending if VF5 supports it).. Sounds crazy but my PS3 will be a VF5 arcade machine only.. Once the VF5 Disc is inserted, it' ll never be ejected again.. Im simply not intersted in any other PS3 game..

Im gonna Keep my 360 and buy a HD-drive for playing movies on my Marquee..

^^ is that some sort of robot?

lol, actually i do call it R.O.B.

< Message edited by f3hunter -- 1 Dec 06 1:27:50 >
Chee Saw

• Total Posts : 1466
RE: HD gaming. How does it help? - Dec 01, 2006 11:34

Marquee 9500LC ultra

Nice! Bet that looks AWESOME! I looked into 1080p projectors, but the cost was prohibitive for me. When I was looking the cost of those things was hovering around $10,000, so I decided to go with a $2000, 720p model, which still looks SWEEEET!

What kind of screen do you use, f3. I' m using a Da-lite Acoustical Imager at 133" .

Gonna have movie night, tonight actually!
Silentbomber

• Total Posts : 4673
RE: HD gaming. How does it help? - Dec 02, 2006 05:33
I cant believe that thing does 1080p, it looks like one of those cheap 1980' s disco lights you' d see in some Dance video.
Eddie_the_Hated

RE: HD gaming. How does it help? - Dec 02, 2006 05:52

Probably not a 4K, as Star Wars Episodes II and III were literally shot at 1080p, and then cropped to the 2.39:1 aspect ratio.
No, it wasn' t. I have to admit though, It was pretty nice.
Joe Redifer

RE: HD gaming. How does it help? - Dec 02, 2006 09:21
Yes, it was.
Zoy

• Total Posts : 1703
RE: HD gaming. How does it help? - Dec 02, 2006 09:43

Yes, it was.

Gather ' round, ladies and gentlemen, as Eddie the Hated and Joe Redifer square off in KIKIZO FORUM TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS SHOWDOWN CMLXXVII!!! (Brought to you by some @%&*?! annoying ads for Circuit City that cover up the screen!!) You' ve never seen a battle royale like this before, unless you count the 976 previous ones!!
Eddie_the_Hated

RE: HD gaming. How does it help? - Dec 02, 2006 10:27

quote:

Yes, it was.

Gather ' round, ladies and gentlemen, as Eddie the Hated and Joe Redifer square off in KIKIZO FORUM TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS SHOWDOWN CMLXXVII!!! (Brought to you by some @%&*?! annoying ads for Circuit City that cover up the screen!!) You' ve never seen a battle royale like this before, unless you count the 976 previous ones!![/
quote]

No no, you misunderstand me. I meant, " no the theater wasn' t 4K" , not " no it wasn' t shot in 1080p."

But... For the sake of the " KIKIZO FORUM TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS SHOWDOWN CMLXXVII!!!" ...

BAM!!!

BOOM!!!

TWHOKK!!!

WAHHHHH!!!

ZOWIE!!!

BATMAN FIGHTING NOISE+TRUMPET CRECENDO!!!

(& I can' t get my entire post to not be quoted This is your trickery Terry.)
< Message edited by eddie_the_hated -- 2 Dec 06 2:29:42 >
Silentbomber

• Total Posts : 4673
RE: HD gaming. How does it help? - Dec 03, 2006 02:35
I can cut the tension here with a knife. Anybody want a slice of Tension Pie?
Change Page: < 1234 > | Showing page 3 of 4, messages 41 to 60 of 64

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message