Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 HALO 3 - looks rubbish actually!
Change Page: < 12345 > | Showing page 3 of 5, messages 41 to 60 of 86
Dead Saint

• Total Posts : 205
RE: HALO 3 - looks rubbish actually! - Nov 28, 2006 23:40
Try reading Bungies official site sometime

They have mentioned the multiplayer shots are from an early build. Seeing as the game wont be out till around this time next year, its safe to say this is gonna looks awsome.

Oh and i hate Halo.
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
RE: HALO 3 - looks rubbish actually! - Nov 30, 2006 05:09
You hate Halo but you read their webpage?
alijay034

• Total Posts : 1433
RE: HALO 3 - looks rubbish actually! - Nov 30, 2006 17:36
Just to confirm in an interview with Bungie in OXM360 they were quoted as stating that screen shots are from the Alpha build, they will be beta testing the muliplayer on live in March and that they will limit multiplayer to 16 players no more. Again please don' t slate the game until the finished article is out.
Oh and Majick whilst they have been working on the game since Halo2 they have only had the technology for what about a year 18 months at best, it takes time to plan, create and wrtie a good game, try bearing that in mind.
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: HALO 3 - looks rubbish actually! - Nov 30, 2006 17:45
Jeezus freaking CHRIST! Get a goddamn sense of humor. If there' s anybody here who would defend and alpha build of a game it' s me. Saying that, it still looks shit.
mastachefbkw

• Total Posts : 3793
RE: HALO 3 - looks rubbish actually! - Nov 30, 2006 22:52
Its just the fact that it says " Halo 3" on it. IF it was some new game that know one had ever heard of there would be 30 posts saying it sucked
Eddie_the_Hated

RE: HALO 3 - looks rubbish actually! - Dec 01, 2006 05:19
If only for the fact that the 360 is absolutely flooded with shooters. Most of them are good, but I' d trade about 10 of them for one good exclusive platformer, which we still haven' t seen.[:' (]
Nitro

RE: HALO 3 - looks rubbish actually! - Dec 26, 2006 11:47

...yeah, it' s looks pretty damn rubbish - just like i said it would...

Alecrein

• Total Posts : 762
RE: HALO 3 - looks rubbish actually! - Dec 26, 2006 15:54

...yeah, it' s looks pretty damn rubbish - just like i said it would...

I really hope that was sarcasm especially since Bungie has said...

" · There are no finished graphics in the documentary, and everything you see is a work in progress."

Course not saying you won' t be right...look how Motorstorm turned out a little more Gloss but still seems to be Rubbish.
mastachefbkw

RE: HALO 3 - looks rubbish actually! - Dec 27, 2006 10:46

Course not saying you won' t be right...look how Motorstorm turned out a little more Gloss but still seems to be Rubbish.

No... Hell no... Alecrein, dont ever compare Halo to Motorstorm.... Ever, i dont care if it looks like a shitty ps3 game, dont compare it to motorstorm
Nitro

RE: HALO 3 - looks rubbish actually! - Dec 27, 2006 15:06
Halo 3 will be awesome, that' s undoubted, but the simple fact of the matter is that Halo 3 multiplayer looks shit (technologically and graphically) and the single player that i was told to wait for (because it would show how good it actually looks) still looks awful. It' s full if flat low-res textures and appears to feature lower poly models than i would have expected from a next-gen Halo.

Put it this way - promotional material, pre-release screenshots etc, they' re supposed to be better looking than than final build. Now granted some game make huge jumps in visual quality and i know how the development cycle works better than most but c' mon, ...this is Halo3 and it' s supposed to blow everybody away. Has it blown you away? I mean, i' m not a graphics whore but i have a thing about technologically impressive engines and Halo 3' s looks very much like a suped-up Halo 2 and nothing more. I' d go as far as to say that the enemies in Resistance look more impressive and that the textures + lighting in CoD3 look more impressive. It' s a good thing Halo has never been about being graphically superior to everything else because the 3rd game will be outdone 100 fold next year. It' s not a gorgeous game and it' s not going to improve on Gears of War and people need to just accept that right now.

Like i said; Halo 3 will be awesome, both the single and multiplayer will kick ass, but it' s not going to raise any graphical bars and it' s not going to improve as much as some seem to believe.

Is it a big deal that Halo 3 is not a pretty game?
FiyaMAYNE

• Total Posts : 12
RE: HALO 3 - looks rubbish actually! - Dec 27, 2006 16:37
wow,
u"
are
a
nOOb
the game hasnt even came out
so you
cannot
even say
it sucks
that was a veerrry early screenshot.. well actually screenshots...
if u look at the very updated screenshots..
it
clearly
outRAPES
sony
and
any
game
on
the
platform
although i cannot say that, because the 360 is still in its early stages.
but im sure
halo3
will be the top of my list of games i would wonna buy
Eddie_the_Hated

RE: HALO 3 - looks rubbish actually! - Dec 27, 2006 23:17
Does your mommy know you' re online?
Nitro

RE: HALO 3 - looks rubbish actually! - Dec 28, 2006 01:25

ORIGINAL: FiyaMAYNE

wow,
u"
are
a
nOOb
the game hasnt even came out
so you
cannot
even say
it sucks
that was a veerrry early screenshot.. well actually screenshots...
if u look at the very updated screenshots..
it
clearly
outRAPES
sony
and
any
game
on
the
platform
although i cannot say that, because the 360 is still in its early stages.
but im sure
halo3
will be the top of my list of games i would wonna buy

No, Mugabe is the President of President of Zimbabwe.
immortaldanmx

• Total Posts : 2966
RE: HALO 3 - looks rubbish actually! - Dec 28, 2006 08:28
yes majik, damn those flat textures. Who in their right mind would make a wall, the floor, and some boxes flat?

Seriously though, none of this is finished, and I would be flaming this if it werent Halo. But after playing Gears so much Im doubting if I could go back to Halo if it isnt near perfect.
Zoy

• Total Posts : 1703
RE: HALO 3 - looks rubbish actually! - Dec 28, 2006 09:16
I don' t see what the point is in criticizing the graphics at this stage. Obviously everyone highly disapproved of the pre-release hype " target renders" for games on a certain other console. Clearly in the four screens above there are place-holder textures, some areas with no textures at all, no fur, no HDR. If anything Bungie is being more respectful to the public by showing a real work-in-progress than by releasing faked images.

This whole thread doesn' t make sense because Majik began it in order to slag Halo 3' s graphics, but then he' s continuing by acknowledging that Halo has always been about rock-solid gameplay above graphics.

Bungie should probably just refrain from previewing any of the visuals because the so-called " Halo Nation" is comprised in large part of hysterical lunatics who are outraged at the drop of a pin.
Nitro

RE: HALO 3 - looks rubbish actually! - Dec 28, 2006 22:57
I' m sorry but if Killzone (PS3) looked that bad then it' d get raped here. I should ignore the fact that what we' ve seen of Halo 3 (one of 360' s biggest titles) so far looks awful, just because Bungie claim it' s an early build?! Because it' s a 360 game?! I don' t think so somehow.
ginjirou

• Total Posts : 4836
RE: HALO 3 - looks rubbish actually! - Dec 29, 2006 00:38
Perhaps Bungie is just messing with us?
Alecrein

• Total Posts : 762
RE: HALO 3 - looks rubbish actually! - Dec 29, 2006 05:06

No... Hell no... Alecrein, dont ever compare Halo to Motorstorm.... Ever, i dont care if it looks like a shitty ps3 game, dont compare it to motorstorm

Because Halo is such a better game? :)

Ginj I don' t think they are messing with us I think Bungie is just being lazy...it is pre-release graphics, but seriously...if you have the Halo 2 CE watch the DvD where it goes around the office...I never have seen so many developers sitting around doing nothing. And it was supposedly taped while they were working on the game..." working" :P They cut out a scene that would have helped flesh out Halo 2' s story as well and said that they would simply add it in for players to find out along the way...I don' t ever remember seeing or hearing this information aside from the form of that unfinished cutscene.
mastachefbkw

RE: HALO 3 - looks rubbish actually! - Dec 30, 2006 14:10
The only way they can mess halo 3 up is if the x button does somthing gay. other than that, i think the graphics will be pretty close to gears
Tru_Warrior

• Total Posts : 16
RE: HALO 3 - looks rubbish actually! - Dec 31, 2006 00:34

It seeems you only look tough, stupid beast!
Change Page: < 12345 > | Showing page 3 of 5, messages 41 to 60 of 86

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message