Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Graphics Or Gameplay
Change Page: < 123 > | Showing page 2 of 3, messages 21 to 40 of 46
LoZ:TP

• Total Posts : 17
RE: Graphics Or Gameplay - Jul 24, 2006 04:30
it matches to me the moveents the action the.......action
mastachefbkw

• Total Posts : 3793
RE: Graphics Or Gameplay - Jul 24, 2006 05:37
if its a good game its fine, i prefer to have great graphics but if it doesnt but it plays good whos cares? its better than having a game with great graphics with sucky gameplay.

RE: Graphics Or Gameplay - Jul 24, 2006 06:01
what if for some strange glitch u find makes the game unbearable? like if u want to fight the boss, and u havfta stab it in the head u cant cause theres ALWAYS blockin you.
Silentbomber

• Total Posts : 4673
RE: Graphics Or Gameplay - Jul 24, 2006 06:26
I didnt read any of the previous posts, so i might be a little off topic [or on topic ]

anyway,

Its would be foolish to pick Graphics over Gameplay, but it would also be foolish to dismiss it all together, the great graphics of resi 4 showed us that both can be easily done, if the game is well thought out and looks nice. Thats why resi 5 is one of my ' most looked forward too' next gen game.

I dont want to pick, I want both!
Game Junkie

• Total Posts : 708
RE: Graphics Or Gameplay - Jul 24, 2006 14:11
Gameplay is the reason we play, graphics are the reason we pay. I don' t need the best graphics to enjoy the experience. At the same time though I like a game to look as good as it can. If its a computer game I don' t want to turn down the graphic detail because I know the game was intended for better.
UnluckyOne

• Total Posts : 995
RE: Graphics Or Gameplay - Jul 24, 2006 16:26
You need both gameplay and graphics in order to have a successful game.

Can' t make a good sandwich with just bread (graphics). I guess you could try but it' d be very boring.

Can' t make a good sandwich with just the tomato,lettuce,ham,etc (gameplay) either. You could try but it wouldn' t be very accessible/appealing.

One relies on the other.

Dionysius

• Total Posts : 831
RE: Graphics Or Gameplay - Jul 24, 2006 17:36
I’d say both, plus more.

Videogames are one (probably “THE ONE”) of the vastest forms of entertainment media. It is about what you see, and what you hear, what you feel (I’m referring to vibrating controllers), the story, as well as interaction. Now if we only could ad smell and taste to games, then we would stimulate all 5 senses and more. I think game producers should stop choosing one or two of the ingredients that makes up a game and aim to make those ones stand out. Instead they should think of all parts equally and make all parts stand out and aim to be “The Best” in every angle. I know this might be greedy, and that greed is a sin, but what the heck… As a wise man once said: “In Heaven all the interesting people are missing.”
Marink

• Total Posts : 884
RE: Graphics Or Gameplay - Jul 24, 2006 17:40
Majik, why do you think people still play games like Final Fantasy 7 to this day? Certainly not because of the graphics(although, I do still love the old Super Smash Bros' blocky style graphics, to be honest). They play them because of the battles, the experimenting and the experience as a whole. To me, good graphics are simply a nice bonus.
ginjirou

• Total Posts : 4836
RE: Graphics Or Gameplay - Jul 24, 2006 20:16
I wouldn' t be playing FFVII today if it weren' t for the excellent art direction, cool character designs and the way they brought the FF universe to life though the graphics.
I would even go so far as to say that battles are quite boring (never been a fan of turn-based battles) and the quests are just simple RPG standard.
Story, music and graphics are the most important things in FFVII. Gameplay actually comes second in that game.
QuezcatoL

• Total Posts : 7059
RE: Graphics Or Gameplay - Jul 24, 2006 20:17
Yes,but limit system and magic works a lot better in FF7 then in any other FF game i played.
Marink

RE: Graphics Or Gameplay - Jul 24, 2006 21:16
It' s not " excellent" when compared to today' s standards. Yet, I still find myself playing the game. I don' t mind Final Fantasy VII' s battle system, as it requires you to make quick judgements(ATB) as well as managing to maintain the whole strategic thinking idea(most of the time, anway). If you know what I mean...
QuezcatoL

RE: Graphics Or Gameplay - Jul 24, 2006 21:20
I like limit system and use limits,and i like the materia system,and developing some high level magic stuff with some characters,i also like the weapon system with some weapons doing more dmg but have fewer slots for materia and its growth in terms of exp after each battle.

A lot of cool thing in FF7.
ginjirou

• Total Posts : 4836
RE: Graphics Or Gameplay - Jul 24, 2006 21:23
The art direction in FFVII is still excellent and it' s better than what you find in most games today.
FFVII is NOT about gameplay. You wouldn' t be playing it if it weren' t for the cool characters, the beautiful environments, the wonderful music and the touching story.
If you replace the characters and the FFVII world with something else it wouldn' t be as enjoyable as it is. Battles wouldn' t be as enjoyable without the cool character designs and attacks. It' s all eye-candy to create the right atmosphere and make the experience more immersive. Graphics isn' t only textures and shaders. It' s more than that.
Marink

RE: Graphics Or Gameplay - Jul 24, 2006 21:43
I would like the battle system either way. It' s the magic/summon and attacks, leveling up, etc. that keeps me interested. Besides, I could' ve easily mentioned better examples than FFVII, but that was the first title to pop up in my head. Like I said, I only think of graphics as a bonus(just so you know, I never said there is anything wrong with a bonus).

By the way, I love the characters and story factors as well, but this thread is about graphics and gameplay.
< Message edited by Marink -- 24 Jul 06 13:45:30 >
QuezcatoL

RE: Graphics Or Gameplay - Jul 24, 2006 21:45
I think FF12 is the only game that looks like having a fun battle system.

Well the fun thing in FF games expect ff8 was to know that you characters was getting better and bosses would be easier,the more you fight,so a system that worked was importent.
Marink

RE: Graphics Or Gameplay - Jul 24, 2006 21:48
The reason I love the ATB system is because the characters could attack whever they wanted after their bar filled up.
QuezcatoL

RE: Graphics Or Gameplay - Jul 24, 2006 21:51
Yes,and casting haste on cloud is never wrong
Tiz

• Total Posts : 3158
RE: Graphics Or Gameplay - Jul 24, 2006 23:38
Gameplay... That' s how I can keep playing games like ChuChu Rocket
and Otogi 2 which I am going through again.

Games like Rez, that have graphics that make no sense, are fun because
the gameplay is just mind-blowing.

How do you think we can keep playing 2-D games? They don' t have " state-of-the
-art graphics"

And anyone and everyone buying the Wii should definitely be in favour
of gameplay over graphics because that is what Wii think Wii is.. sorry.
QuezcatoL

RE: Graphics Or Gameplay - Jul 24, 2006 23:44

And anyone and everyone buying the Wii should definitely be in favour
of gameplay over graphics because that is what Wii think Wii is.. sorry.

Where is a wiifanboy when you need him,Gangsta!!! there?

RE: Graphics Or Gameplay - Jul 24, 2006 23:56
just to know- we are straying off topic
Change Page: < 123 > | Showing page 2 of 3, messages 21 to 40 of 46

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages