Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Games you' ve put a crazy amount of time into!
Terry Bogard

• Total Posts : 3915
Games you' ve put a crazy amount of time into! - Apr 20, 2006 13:04
I was checking my playtime for Metal Gear Ac!d 2

98 Hours: 55 Minutes: 25 seconds..
Holy Krap@! That' s all within a 2 week period.

The previous title holder was Kingdom of Paradise for the PSP. Put close to 70 hours into that game. Beat the Japanese version first which took me about 20-something hours, so when I got the U.S. version I just ran through it without a problem, beating it 4 times at under 15 hours each time.

(Can hear the Elder Scrolls: Oblivion nuts charging this way)
< Message edited by Terry Bogard -- 20 Apr 06 5:10:02 >
Kannon

• Total Posts : 205
RE: Games you' ve put a crazy amount of time into! - Apr 20, 2006 14:33
I really can' t think of many games with timers on them that I played alot
I actually played besides Skies of Arcadia[DC(I know more than 50 maybe 80)GC??]
and Phantasy Star Online(DC??) (GC 500 or so)

Saturn games I know I played alot Snes and genesis Playstation rpgs PS2 stuff

Paper Mario: Thousand Year Door 89:51

on PSO is actually 544:20 with one character I have from 10 to 12
not mention those with the most ours had got erased for one reason or another at
high levels...this looks bad.. OH this in mostly offline

I shouldn' t count PSO as it is not a game with a regular end

I search for stuff and try different things alot in games even BlazingHeroes/Mystaria (like trying to last as long as possible on Juza in the first fight with him in that undergroung place)
< Message edited by Kannon -- 20 Apr 06 6:46:16 >
UnluckyOne

• Total Posts : 995
RE: Games you' ve put a crazy amount of time into! - Apr 20, 2006 14:56
In Morrowind, my brother and I managed to clock up 167 hours and 151 hours respectively.

But this looks to be smashed by Oblivion - 60 hours already and I havn' t even started the main quest yet (which is supposedly 40+ hours by itself).
Vx Chemical

• Total Posts : 5534
RE: Games you' ve put a crazy amount of time into! - Apr 20, 2006 16:25
I put around 25 days into my character in world of warcraft, thats my main, my alts have a bit time as well, but not much.

Other than that, im around 15 hours into Oblivion, but thats going to head up, i just dont have time to play a game much over short time
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
RE: Games you' ve put a crazy amount of time into! - Apr 21, 2006 01:22
I' ve got something stupid like 30 or so hours in Metroid Prime. I insist that i get absolutely no help from anyone or anything, so i' ll sit there for an hour or so trying to figure it out.
Kyo.k

• Total Posts : 324
RE: Games you' ve put a crazy amount of time into! - Apr 21, 2006 04:17
Metroid Prime and Shenmue I and II to name but three.

Recently though Resi Evil 4 on GameCube. Perhaps the all time game of the machine for me.
< Message edited by kyo.k -- 20 Apr 06 20:19:27 >
]GaNgStA[

• Total Posts : 2949
RE: Games you' ve put a crazy amount of time into! - Apr 21, 2006 06:30
Ferrari F355 challenge for Sega Dreamcast - I spent so many hours besting my lap times...

Perfect Dark for Nintendo 64 (there was no timer but I' m sure it would have been way over 100h)

Parasite Eve for PlayStation - I did everything there was to do (played through a couple of times) and there was quite a bit ..chrysler building

Ninja Gaiden for Xbox - I kept turning it on, just to kill a few guys again ...

Starfox Adventures for GameCube took me a while and I loved it.Eternal Darkness ...so many great games
ginjirou

• Total Posts : 4836
RE: Games you' ve put a crazy amount of time into! - Apr 21, 2006 06:42
Soul Calibur DC. 200 hours+.
choupolo

• Total Posts : 1773
RE: Games you' ve put a crazy amount of time into! - Apr 21, 2006 08:25
Final Fantasy VII had a game-time counter that went up to 99hrs, which my friend claims he clocked twice! Although I played that game a lot too, I never did manage to beat Ruby and Emerald Weapon! [:' (]

My first big obsession was with UFO:Enemy Unknown, which lasted me and my friend at least 6 months of continuous play before we completed it! Full marks for longevity! Then it was probably Morrowind, but I don' t think I can compare to UnluckyOne on this!
kombatfighter

• Total Posts : 428
RE: Games you' ve put a crazy amount of time into! - Apr 21, 2006 09:12
FFVII - Yes, you saw it coming. 99+ hours. To be exact because I saw the clock stop at 99:99:99. I' d say about 120-150 hours total. I just don' t see someone clockin the 99 hours twice since I got all of the materia within 150 hours and beat every living enemy in the game.

FFX - Exact time is 149:31:45. I did not get everything because I really didn' t like the game altogether. I only concentrated fully into powering up my characters and all Aeons hitting 99,999 on a regular attack against the first few enemies that the old man creates in the last part to unlock that you can fight when collecting monsters for him.

WoW - Got redundant and repetitive in the end. Wow, I' m at lvl60, what now?!?!? Move on to another character class that I don' t like. Grrr...

Morrowind - Can' t say that I put that much time into it since I had the PC version and used the map editor to create my own place, stuff and mods. Never did like the fighting skills either.

But the best game that I' ve ever had fun putting my time into out of all of the above would have to be the one and only ChronoTrigger. I kept playing it again and again just to keep getting the different endings.
Game Junkie

• Total Posts : 708
RE: Games you' ve put a crazy amount of time into! - Apr 22, 2006 06:03
Morrowind, played that one for over 300 hours... never beat the first quest. I don' t really see any other games that I played an unusual amount of time although Oblivion might overtake the previous TES game.
QuezcatoL

• Total Posts : 7059
RE: Games you' ve put a crazy amount of time into! - Apr 22, 2006 08:15
Final Fantasy 7 :(
Its saddens me that i played for hours in that submarine just getting better levels and converting items...for what?

I doesnt want to say numbers but...200+ hours easily.
locopuyo

• Total Posts : 3138
RE: Games you' ve put a crazy amount of time into! - Apr 23, 2006 04:22
StarCraft: Brood War wins it for me. I have no idea how much time i' ve put into it but I' ve been playing the greatest RTS of all time online regularly for about 8 years.
ginjirou

• Total Posts : 4836
RE: Games you' ve put a crazy amount of time into! - Apr 23, 2006 04:32
I almost forgot: Counter-Strike. My most played PC game. I don' t know how many hours but it' s been too many.
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: Games you' ve put a crazy amount of time into! - Apr 23, 2006 05:16
Quake 3 Arena, Killer Instinct and Super Mario 64.
dasher232

• Total Posts : 1729
RE: Games you' ve put a crazy amount of time into! - Apr 23, 2006 05:34
I use to come home from school and play zelda link to the past from the minutes i got in till it was late and even worse on the weekends same followed for majora' s mask and wind waker. It' s not good though cos it makes you feel like you' ve missed pieces of your day you ain' t ever gonna get back plus I remember I used to play mortal kombat deadly alliance so much I even dreamt about it (which ain' t good neither). But more recently it' s been need for sped ms and doa4, but they' re finished and i' m waiting for microsoft and nintendo to occupy me with some good games.
locopuyo

• Total Posts : 3138
RE: Games you' ve put a crazy amount of time into! - Apr 23, 2006 13:56
I look for nirnroots on my walk to class.

One time me and some friends played Dr. Robotnik' s Mean Bean Machine and Laser Challenge for about 20 hours straight. Whenever I closed my eyes I would see the beans and be playing in my head.
kombatfighter

• Total Posts : 428
RE: Games you' ve put a crazy amount of time into! - Apr 27, 2006 07:08

I almost forgot: Counter-Strike. My most played PC game. I don' t know how many hours but it' s been too many.

I' m sure you dedicated your life to it just as much as I did for 4 straight years. Did you ever run into me known as Dreadnaught or [MGS] Solid Snake? I usually played the Militia or had a Militia Only server running mostly. But I love those wacky maps that had the crazy vehicles in it on the original CS and not on Source. I like how Source promised a cut down on hacking and people were still able to do it.

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll