Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Forza 2 Demo
ginjirou

• Total Posts : 4836
Forza 2 Demo - Apr 07, 2007 06:14
http://games.kikizo.com/news/200704/014.asp
Oh I' m so looking forward to it. I can finally make some good use of my 360 wheel .
I don' t check for new demos often so when this demo gets out I hope one of you guys will notify me.

Note to Kikizo staff:
When I click the " official site" link I get
" 404 Error
Oh No! Page could not be found."
http://games.kikizo.com/news/200704/www.forzamotorsport.net
Mass X

• Total Posts : 4491
RE: Forza 2 Demo - Apr 07, 2007 06:17
Yeah I was reading up on it in the recent OXM...Im touching myself in anticipation. I alreayd have it pre-ordered tho as I need no demo to convince me!

On a side note but racing game related: PGR4 looks alot more interesting tho I wanna know what th enew unexpected mystery vehichle is. Probably motorcycles.
choupolo

• Total Posts : 1773
RE: Forza 2 Demo - Apr 07, 2007 06:23
I cant wait! Also can' t decide whether to get the wheel or not. I wish they would' ve opened up support for other wheels since I' ve already got a Logi one.

Hmm, I wonder if there' ll be multiplayer in the demo...
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: Forza 2 Demo - Apr 07, 2007 06:25

ORIGINAL: Mass X

On a side note but racing game related: PGR4 looks alot more interesting tho I wanna know what th enew unexpected mystery vehichle is. Probably motorcycles.

With MotoGP 07 on the way?

Nah, i hope it' s HOVERCRAFT!!!
alijay034

• Total Posts : 1433
RE: Forza 2 Demo - Apr 07, 2007 06:37
The wheel is causing all manner of issues with TDU, it is making the handling really crappy, I had Forza on the original Xbox but could never get really into it, I prefer TDU as it is a bit more realistic using roads instead of tracks and ovals.
ginjirou

RE: Forza 2 Demo - Apr 07, 2007 06:37

Also can' t decide whether to get the wheel or not. I wish they would' ve opened up support for other wheels since I' ve already got a Logi one.

I don' t know how yours is but if it doesn' t have a that circular Xbox button or a headset slot (very important), then I suggest you buy the 360 wheel. The wheel is also wireless if you don' t want force feedback which is nice.

The wheel is causing all manner of issues with TDU, it is making the handling really crappy, I had Forza on the original Xbox but could never get really into it, I prefer TDU as it is a bit more realistic using roads instead of tracks and ovals.

Does TDU support full force feedback? Anyway, the wheel is supposed to be built around Forza 2 (or was it the other way around?) so I think handling will be great.
I think Forza and games like those are more realistic than TDU since most real life races takes place on tracks. But I think TDU is more fun, at least from what I experienced from the demo.
< Message edited by ginjirou -- 6 Apr 07 22:40:38 >
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
RE: Forza 2 Demo - Apr 07, 2007 07:24
I' m waiting for Ridg3 Rac3r:D3rigibl3 Delux3! New features include:

The numbers 3,3,3, and 3!
Zoy

• Total Posts : 1703
RE: Forza 2 Demo - Apr 08, 2007 04:08
I' m looking forward to this as well. I picked up a 360 and the wireless racing wheel recently. It' s quite good with PGR3, so I expect it to be perfect with Forza 2. I' m also excited that Forza 2 has my favorite car, the 1969 Fairlady Z (actually I love all the Z cars with the same basic chassis from the 60s and 70s).

PGR3 is quite good overall, but I can' t help but feel that the series has become less ambitious. Fewer classes of cars, fewer times of day and weather conditions. I recall that the original, Metropolis Street Racer on Dreamcast, had the clever gimmick of checking your system' s clock and adjusting the time of day in each location based on the real time of day. PGR1 definitely had a greater variety of vehicles, and I didn' t play PGR2 so I can' t comment on it.

The wheel itself is well-built and can both provide a good deal of force and handle it when you resist its force, for example while initiating and following through on a drift. I definitely feel as though, with practice, I' ll be able to hold a much more precise racing line. But my early tendency has been to oversteer a whole lot. And of course it' s still more challenging than really driving a car because your field of vision when looking at a television screen is much less than in real life. But it' s a really fun device and I' m kind of amazed to have this thing which is something that I really could only experience in arcades as a kid.

I tried the wheel with the TDU demo, and it was almost unusable -- there' s a huge dead zone from about 10 o' clock to 2 o' clock on the wheel. It looks like there' s one shaded out option for adjustment of the wheel which is only available in the full version, but I wasn' t intrigued enough to look into it further.
ginjirou

RE: Forza 2 Demo - Apr 08, 2007 04:14

I tried the wheel with the TDU demo, and it was almost unusable -- there' s a huge dead zone from about 10 o' clock to 2 o' clock on the wheel. It looks like there' s one shaded out option for adjustment of the wheel which is only available in the full version, but I wasn' t intrigued enough to look into it further.

As far as I remember you can change the wheel options but you have to turn the wheel on first by pressing x in the menu or something. But without full force feedback, which the demo clearly did not support, it' s not as fun to play.
Zoy

RE: Forza 2 Demo - Apr 08, 2007 04:25
I expect most games from now on to support force feedback. Aside from Forza 2, I' m particularly intrigued with Colin McRay: DIRT and Sega Rally Revo.

The only thing about the wireless racing wheel that I didn' t expect to like was the F1-style paddle shifters behind the wheel. I would have preferred a regular gear shift since that' s what I' m used to driving with in real life. But the paddle shifters haven' t been difficult to adapt to. Actually I expect to get a lot more use out of manual transmissions in racing games now because it' s always seemed too contrived to mess with that stuff on a control pad. It' s a lot more intuitive with the wheel.

I came across an interesting tidbit on another forum... someone mentioned that PGR3 only uses one of the 3 or 4 force feedback motors in the wheel, whereas Forza 2 will use them all.

Oh yeah... one more incidental thing about the wheel... it comes in what has to be the most complex box I' ve ever encountered. The thing is a tour de force in cardboard box design. I' ve never thought about someone having a career in box design, but this thing seems to have been conjured up by someone who must have spent a lot of time working out how to fold and insert countless tabs into slots. It' s insane.
< Message edited by Zoy -- 7 Apr 07 21:14:59 >
QuezcatoL

• Total Posts : 7059
RE: Forza 2 Demo - Apr 08, 2007 07:18
Ginj don' t pretend like you want forza motorsport 2 u dipshit.
SpaceJase

• Total Posts : 170
RE: Forza 2 Demo - Apr 08, 2007 07:18
I' m also looking forward to this game in a big way. I love a realistic driving sim. What' s this wheel that you' re all talking about? Does it make the same annoying ' zip' noise as the Logitech one used to?
Zoy

RE: Forza 2 Demo - Apr 08, 2007 08:46
We' re talking about the Microsoft Wireless Racing Wheel, which is the only wheel with force feedback (as opposed to just rumble) for the 360. I haven' t used the Logitech one so I don' t know about the zipping noise.

I' ve tended to prefer arcade racers in the past, but I figured if I' m going to try my hand at simulations, it would help a lot to have a wheel.

The customization options in Forza 2 look really nice as well. I think I' ll enjoy playing around with those.
ginjirou

RE: Forza 2 Demo - Apr 08, 2007 09:08

But I do want it. I must admit that I suck at racing games though
What' s a dipshit anyway?
SpaceJase

• Total Posts : 170
RE: Forza 2 Demo - Apr 08, 2007 11:56

What' s a dipshit anyway?

A person who uses text speak on an internet message board (my personal definition anyway)
Dagashi

• Total Posts : 987
RE: Forza 2 Demo - Apr 08, 2007 16:08

I think you should just do emotes as if you were a Blue Dragon character doing an attack.

Sorta like this -

" Quez takes offense to Ginjirou' s anticipation of Forza 2"
" Quez starts to psyche up"
" Quez attacks Ginjirou for 137 points of damage with his flames of text attack"

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll