Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Flatout comes out when? [NEVERMIND that previous nevermind I am confused again]
Mass X

• Total Posts : 4491
Flatout comes out when? [NEVERMIND that previous nevermind I am confused again] - Jun 23, 2007 08:26
So I been completely *** all confused on the US release of Flatout. Since all those June 22nd release dates seem to mean europe only. Which would explain why Ive heard nothing at all about it here. DO they even plan on a US release? PLeASE SAY YES!

[edit]June 26th for anyone else interested.

[edit][edit]I' ll keep that last edit up for record purposes:P Anyways It seems it may not ship to the US until Fall. So those in the UK please tell me if this is a game worth waiting for?!
< Message edited by Mass X -- 26 Jun 07 8:16:58 >
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
RE: Flatout comes out when? [NEVERMIND I FOUND IT] - Jun 25, 2007 03:46
I never played the first one, how was it?
Zoy

• Total Posts : 1703
RE: Flatout comes out when? [NEVERMIND I FOUND IT] - Jun 25, 2007 05:12
It had a lot of potential but all the pieces weren' t in place. I' m glad they have been able to further develop the series and I hope the new one is great. I like the whole clunker car aesthetic.
Mass X

RE: Flatout comes out when? [NEVERMIND that previous nevermind I am confused again] - Jun 26, 2007 16:17
blah read above edits in first post...
choupolo

• Total Posts : 1773
RE: Flatout comes out when? [NEVERMIND that previous nevermind I am confused again] - Jun 27, 2007 14:57
Hopefully gonna pick it up this weekend. Wonder if magik got it...
choupolo

• Total Posts : 1773
RE: Flatout comes out when? [NEVERMIND that previous nevermind I am confused again] - Jun 30, 2007 02:34
Got Flatout:UC and The Darkness today! £80 in Game altogether, woo! Then I found them in Asda for £65, woo-hoo!

Quick first impressions of Flatout? It' s bloody awesome! One of the nicest looking games I' ve played, no kidding! Not just pretty lighting, but literally tonnes of detail, hundreds of objects getting knocked around flying everywhere. You can destroy almost everything in the scenery, and even use it to block people behind you, heh.

The speed is sensational from the first race, so I cant imagine what will happen when I upgrade the car I bought! And the frame rate is rock steady, not even slight slowdown.

The damage model on the cars is actually convincing, rather than the superficial effect you get in a lot of racing games. You get that gut punching feeling if you hit something or another car at speed.

I love the way you' re encouraged to just have fun and cause ' carnage' (funny that..), not just work to come first all the time.

I love the rock/metal soundtrack, but that' s subjective I guess.

So I' ve only played a few races, but if you wanted a perfect combo of Burnout and Destruction Derby, then this is it. Much more polished than Flatout 2 and much more fun on 360!

In summary, sod Dirt and Motorstorm, you' ll want this! (You know you want it Mass!)

8/10 (and I' m tough with my review scores!)
< Message edited by choupolo -- 29 Jun 07 18:39:19 >
Mass X

RE: Flatout comes out when? [NEVERMIND that previous nevermind I am confused again] - Jun 30, 2007 08:50
Well I know damn well I want it. Ahg Why the wait til Fall tho?!

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll