Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Famitsu poll on the next gen consoles
Change Page: < 12 | Showing page 2 of 2, messages 21 to 34 of 34
mxpx182

• Total Posts : 1394
RE: Famitsu poll on the next gen consoles - Jun 03, 2005 12:18

The one thing i have to give props to MS for is the Xbox 2 controller it is wireless and corded which is a brilliant idea, you can play wirelessly and if the battery is dieing out just plug in the cord that was great thinking. I heard on G4tv that the really liked the controller.

I think this is likely going to be a feature of all 3 systems, at least the x-box 360 and PS3 simply because sony has mentioned that you can use the USB ports for controllers, so I' ll bet you could connect a USB cable to your vibrating boomerang and leach charge it while you play. I hope the revolution controller does the same, but since the controller is supposed to be so revolutionary, it' ll probably just have a little cold fusion reactor inside it, and if it get' s low you just have to dump a glass of water inside it and it' s good for another 200 years.
< Message edited by mxpx182 -- 3 Jun 05 20:19:33 >
Terry Bogard

• Total Posts : 3915
RE: Famitsu poll on the next gen consoles - Jun 03, 2005 12:21
I like the controlller a lot because unlike the current Xbox' x controller, the controller for the Xbox 360 feels REEEEEEALLLY nice.. Button placement, everything feels good.
Phoenixxx1974

• Total Posts : 332
RE: Famitsu poll on the next gen consoles - Jun 03, 2005 15:11
Here are the face plates for the Xbox 2. What do you all think?

http://www.gamesarefun.com/news.php?newsid=5089

I tried uploading the pic but kept getting the error messageso there is the link.
Joe Redifer

• Total Posts : 4481
RE: Famitsu poll on the next gen consoles - Jun 03, 2005 16:34
The Upload function in this forum has been broken for over a year. You have to link to it with the IMG tags from a remote host.

Sega is still the king of contollers in my book.

Well, the Genesis 6 button and the Saturn (Japanese version preferred but US one was good, too - they eventually released the Japnese controller in the US) are the pinnacles of gaming heaven. The Saturn analog pad was good, not great. The Dreamcast pad is absolutely horrible and is one of the reasons why I have a hard time fully appreciating the DC. They took away 2 buttons for no reason, and the analog pad was crap (though better than the analog stick on the Saturn pad). The Sega Master System also had a lousy controller. No way to pause the game. Buttons that had to be pressed for a mile before they registered. Ug.
locopuyo

• Total Posts : 3138
RE: Famitsu poll on the next gen consoles - Jun 03, 2005 18:13
Sega actually designed the Xbox controllers too.
Rampage99

• Total Posts : 3161
RE: Famitsu poll on the next gen consoles - Jun 03, 2005 23:40
Joe, I loved the DC controller. That thing was comfortable as hell whether or not it was lacking 2 buttons.
Terry Bogard

• Total Posts : 3915
RE: Famitsu poll on the next gen consoles - Jun 03, 2005 23:53
I actually wanted to beat the @$$ of the folks in the Sega of Japan R&D lab responsible for the Dreamcast controller. Two less face buttons, smaller uncomfortable buttons and hard as a rock d-pad that wasn' t a whole lot of fun to use for extended periods of time.

It' s AMAZING how they would go from something the quality of the godly Saturn pad which I' d rate at least a 9.5 out of 10 to the Dreamcast pad which I' d give a generous 5.0 out of 10 to.
Joe Redifer

• Total Posts : 4481
RE: Famitsu poll on the next gen consoles - Jun 04, 2005 02:29
The Dreamcast controller was had 2 less buttons.

(EDIT: I just wanted to pay special attention to my awesome grammar above).

The d-pad on the Genesis 6 button controller (the original, not the one with the giant letters) felt perfect. Nice, soft plastic. You can use your Saturn controllers for DC games. I think you can even use the Saturn analog controller. I' ll have to try it (The Z and C buttons double as extra L and Rs).
< Message edited by Joe Redifer -- 4 Jun 05 10:30:07 >
Silentbomber

• Total Posts : 4673
RE: Famitsu poll on the next gen consoles - Jun 06, 2005 08:27
but hold on, who said that the ps3 cooking food was a bad thing? sure while its loading you can pop on some bacon sit now and let the vibrateing controller pleasure you, and then play what has to be the most solid launch title line up.

I read in an interview that sonmy arent going to change the design much, maybe its one of those things that fits really conmfortabley in your hands?..

ow! my bacon is burning!!
Phoenixxx1974

RE: Famitsu poll on the next gen consoles - Jun 06, 2005 10:12
haha that' s great. MMMMM Bacon. Gotta have have that bacon huh? I don' t know how people choose to be a herbavore and not eat bacon hehe. my best friend is one and his veggie food smells and tastes funny.
Chee Saw

• Total Posts : 1466
RE: Famitsu poll on the next gen consoles - Jun 07, 2005 04:06

ORIGINAL: Phoenixxx1974

I also read him and his wife donate tons of money to charities (well they have plenty of it).

ORIGINAL: Rampage99

He does give a crap load to charity and was even kinighted for it. Bill Gates is the shiznit fo shizzle.

ORIGINAL: Terry Bogard

Once I read that Bill Gates flew Coach Class whenever he traveled I knew then and there I liked the lad

I heard he can shoot lasers out of his eyes, and he used this special ability to save the planet of Stankstank from certain destruction, which turned out to be not so certain because... well... he saved them. GO BILL!
Chee Saw

• Total Posts : 1466
RE: Famitsu poll on the next gen consoles - Jun 07, 2005 04:10

ORIGINAL: Joe Redifer

The Sega Master System also had a lousy controller. No way to pause the game. Buttons that had to be pressed for a mile before they registered. Ug.

Hey, remember that little joystick that screwed into the middle of the d-pad? At the time, I thought somebody at Sega was on crack for that one. But in hindsight, seeing as how all controllers have little joystick on them nowadays, that was pretty forward thinking! It did suck though.
evangelion

• Total Posts : 91
RE: Famitsu poll on the next gen consoles - Jun 07, 2005 05:29

....[master sysytem]....No way to pause the game. Buttons that had to be pressed for a mile before they registered. Ug.

haha yeah - the pause button was on the console itself!!
Phoenixxx1974

RE: Famitsu poll on the next gen consoles - Jun 07, 2005 11:37
Haha wow i actually remember that. It was a pain in the ass to unscrew it and screw it back in and it was kinda uncomfortable.

I am curious what the controller for the Rev will be like. Everyone has their speculation and high hopes for it i hope it doesn' t disapoint.

Did anyone go to E3 and was allowed to hold the PS3 controller? It looks so uncomfy and i was just curious if anyone held it and what they thought about it. Well i mentioned it because everyone is talking about the Xbox 2 controller and not the others so i figured i would ask. Judging by everyone' s reactions it is not widely accepted as a " cool" controller.
Change Page: < 12 | Showing page 2 of 2, messages 21 to 34 of 34

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message