Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Eternal Darkness: Sanity' s Requiem - Is it good?
Change Page: < 12 | Showing page 2 of 2, messages 21 to 33 of 33
mxpx182

• Total Posts : 1394
RE: Eternal Darkness: Sanity' s Requiem - Is it good? - Oct 04, 2006 03:03
shit, I hope I' m not too late. BUT ETERNAL DARKNESS!!! It is VERY good. No way will you be dissapointed.
He

• Total Posts : 292
RE: Eternal Darkness: Sanity' s Requiem - Is it good? - Oct 04, 2006 03:35
This is a question for all who have beaten it. It' s not really a spoiler, but you might not want to read it. Have you beaten it on all three alignments yet?
ginjirou

• Total Posts : 4836
RE: Eternal Darkness: Sanity' s Requiem - Is it good? - Oct 04, 2006 03:53

What music do you mean? The rolling cube music (of which there are 3 variants, I love that), or the overall system music?

No, not the rolling cube thing, that just sounds weird. I mean that silent humming sound you hear in the background all the time.
I' ve been playing for an hour now and I' m very impressed. The atmosphere is amazing. Level design and music is really great. The character models and animation as well as the combat system could' ve been better though. It' s really scary, I think it is the music. I can' t really relax when I' m playing this game. So the game has REALLY impressed me so far even though it is relatively old. Actually, the age of the game doesn' t show at all, it might as well be a next-gen game as far as I' m concerned. Ok, graphics aren' t as good as on 360 but the art direction, gameplay and presentation of this game is just so good.
Anyway, I' ve gotten to the part where the Cambodian girl sees that huge weird " God" (slime monster with eyes all over the place). I just took a staff from a statue. I' m done playing for today but I guess I' m suppoesd to use that staff as a lever in one of the rooms.
Vx Chemical

• Total Posts : 5534
RE: Eternal Darkness: Sanity' s Requiem - Is it good? - Oct 04, 2006 03:56
Sounds intriguing iv been wanting to play it for ages, but just never got around to pick it up, i think ill look for it soon, tomorrow maybe!
He

• Total Posts : 292
RE: Eternal Darkness: Sanity' s Requiem - Is it good? - Oct 04, 2006 04:04
When you beat it, I suggest another play-through. There are actually some extra things you' ll pick up on after having played through the game once.
Vx Chemical

• Total Posts : 5534
RE: Eternal Darkness: Sanity' s Requiem - Is it good? - Oct 04, 2006 04:08
Ill get on my second play through once in a blue moon, i still need to fínish KOTOR 2, im doing the last stuff in TES4.

SPDA is out soon. I dont have enough time!

Ohh and im still only halfway through SotC
< Message edited by Vx Chemical -- 3 Oct 06 20:08:53 >
mxpx182

• Total Posts : 1394
RE: Eternal Darkness: Sanity' s Requiem - Is it good? - Oct 04, 2006 04:20
I' ve posted about this game many times on the kikizo forums, and I' m really glad to see some of you are playing it, and considering playing it. It was a really unique game, and nothing but fun. If you really want to see some neat stuff ginjirou, I suggest you let your sanity meter drop all the way and play the game like that for a while. Save first so you can go back, but the insanity effects you get are hilarious some time.
Terrak

• Total Posts : 783
RE: Eternal Darkness: Sanity' s Requiem - Is it good? - Oct 04, 2006 09:59
I finished the game once and thoroughly enjoyed it. All i can say Ginj is don' t expect to much and you' ll love it - its abit hard now people here have talked it up.

BTW i only got half way into the second play-through but unfortunately other newer games and less time to play games stopped me from beating the game 3 times over - might eventually go back to it one day - i hope.
ginjirou

RE: Eternal Darkness: Sanity' s Requiem - Is it good? - Oct 04, 2006 21:51
I had pretty low hopes for this game when I first heard about it. Mostly because the screenshots looked like crap (the game looks amazing when you play it though).
When you guys said it was good my expectations got much higher but I still didn' t expect it do be as good as I found the first hour to be. I thought this was going to be a slow game, difficult to " get into" . But the story and the weird stuff that' s going on all the time made it really hard to stop playing. So I was pleasently surprised by the game. How long does this game last btw?
silverthornne

• Total Posts : 12
RE: Eternal Darkness: Sanity' s Requiem - Is it good? - Oct 04, 2006 23:50
So you' re just finished with the Cambodian girl? I think she' s a dancer, Elle or something like that? Anyway, the game' s length is deceiving. The first playthrough should take you about 12 to 15 hours at most - however, that doesn' t net you the true ending. At the beginning you chose an artifact as Augustus. You' re currently playing through the alignment of the god that artifact belonged to. If you want to see the " True" ending, like many other titles, you need to play through all 3 alignments, making the whole length like 25 to 30 hours since you' ll be so familiar with the title by the time you do the last artifact.

Anyway, I thought the game was unique in that its gameplay was not that good IMO, but the atmosphere and the story so great that they kept me going all the way through the end, sort of like Snatcher did when I played it on Sega CD. Very limited gameplay but a story and atmosphere so good I couldn' t put it down!
ginjirou

RE: Eternal Darkness: Sanity' s Requiem - Is it good? - Oct 05, 2006 02:28
Holy shit this game is freaky! I walk around a corner and then all of a sudden I' m in the ceiling. But I never noticed how I got there. And when I enter a bathroom I look at the bathtub and all of a sudden there' s a dead corpse and I hear screams for a second, then it' s gone. I' ve never been so freaked out and scared at the same time. MAN IT WAS FUN!!!!
This game is REALLY cool and I' ve only been playing for two hours of something
Alecrein

• Total Posts : 762
RE: Eternal Darkness: Sanity' s Requiem - Is it good? - Oct 05, 2006 05:44
Greatest game ever...well on the gamecube, it is an amazing game.
Terrak

• Total Posts : 783
RE: Eternal Darkness: Sanity' s Requiem - Is it good? - Oct 05, 2006 09:43
Now i' ve gotta go back and play the game again and get the final ending!
Change Page: < 12 | Showing page 2 of 2, messages 21 to 33 of 33

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message