Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Dream On: Revisiting Sega' s Dreamcast IGN massive Dreamcast ranking
ginjirou

• Total Posts : 4836
Dream On: Revisiting Sega' s Dreamcast IGN massive Dreamcast ranking - Jun 01, 2006 02:19
Dionysius

• Total Posts : 831
RE: Dream On: Revisiting Sega' s Dreamcast IGN massive Dreamcast ranking - Jun 01, 2006 02:32
Awesome!
eazy_boi

• Total Posts : 42
RE: Dream On: Revisiting Sega' s Dreamcast IGN massive Dreamcast ranking - Jun 01, 2006 02:33
Wow!!!!!!!!!!!
Tiz

• Total Posts : 3158
RE: Dream On: Revisiting Sega' s Dreamcast IGN massive Dreamcast ranking - Jun 01, 2006 02:37
*Sonic runs past twice*

SEEEEEEEEEEEEEEGGGGGAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!

Silentbomber

• Total Posts : 4673
RE: Dream On: Revisiting Sega' s Dreamcast IGN massive Dreamcast ranking - Jun 01, 2006 03:46
nice, this will take them forever though.
dasher232

• Total Posts : 1729
RE: Dream On: Revisiting Sega' s Dreamcast IGN massive Dreamcast ranking - Jun 01, 2006 06:52
Awwwww that' s so sweet and kinda nostalgic.
whiteguysamurai

• Total Posts : 316
RE: Dream On: Revisiting Sega' s Dreamcast IGN massive Dreamcast ranking - Jun 01, 2006 10:55
Bravo ign.
ginjirou

RE: Dream On: Revisiting Sega' s Dreamcast IGN massive Dreamcast ranking - Jun 02, 2006 19:33
Haha, take a look at the freaks who are going to do this job:
http://dreamcast.ign.com/articles/709/709297p1.aspx

So they' re going to play through every U.S. DC game, review them, and add new screenshots and videos.
Even though they' re freaks I' m really thankful.
Tiz

RE: Dream On: Revisiting Sega' s Dreamcast IGN massive Dreamcast ranking - Jun 02, 2006 20:18

So they' re going to play through every U.S. DC game, review them, and add new screenshots and videos.
Even though they' re freaks I' m really thankful.

Hey, I' d play through Shenmue 1 and 2 anytime, I am currently playing it now!

" They killed my Father right in front of me, I will have my revenge...
I have to do this for my father..."

CLASSIC!!!
ginjirou

RE: Dream On: Revisiting Sega' s Dreamcast IGN massive Dreamcast ranking - Jun 03, 2006 04:29
I liked talking/petting/looking at the cat in Shenmue 1
I always named it Mimi and the little girl would go like " oh I see, it' s because of her big ears" or something like that.
What did you give the cat? Tofu or dried fish?
Tiz

RE: Dream On: Revisiting Sega' s Dreamcast IGN massive Dreamcast ranking - Jun 03, 2006 07:26
When I played it in japanese, I gave it tofu because I thought the dried fish
were twigs..
]GaNgStA[

• Total Posts : 2949
RE: Dream On: Revisiting Sega' s Dreamcast IGN massive Dreamcast ranking - Jun 04, 2006 21:06
It' s the coolest thing any gaming site has ever done :)

Thay are right - it' s only dead when you put it to rest.
Dionysius

• Total Posts : 831
RE: Dream On: Revisiting Sega' s Dreamcast IGN massive Dreamcast ranking - Jun 04, 2006 22:56

When I played it in japanese, I gave it tofu because I thought the dried fish
were twigs..

I really wish they would quit dubbing games, as I cannot see any reason for it… Actually I can, as some it is highly beneficial for the companies as many (especially certain countries) tend to find it difficult to focus on the text and what’s going on at the same time (real difficult that is… doing two things simultaneously… ). But I really can’t stand people tampering with others work, and I want to play games (and watch films) as close to their original version as possible. And I think dubbing only tends to lead to bad voice acting and awkward (and often inaccurate) translations. Did anyone here find the dubbed version of Shenmue II better than the Original? ‘Cause I didn’t.
On the other hand, the only side effect I can see from texting the games are that people will learn to read/spell better and possibly even learn a new language, or at least find interest for learning a new language.

The best thing I believe (and hope will come true) with this next generation of gaming is that they’ll start releasing games with multiple audio language tracks, and an option for subtitles. That way everyone can enjoy a game as he/she wishes and I believe it should be fully possible to fit on a DVD. If not then I will excuse DVD-Rom games, but Blue-Ray games will have no excuse. That’s right Sony, I’m keeping my eyes on you!

Edit:
Oh! And I do get that Sony aren’t responsible for translations for western releases.
< Message edited by Dionysius -- 6 Jun 06 17:20:40 >
ginjirou

RE: Dream On: Revisiting Sega' s Dreamcast IGN massive Dreamcast ranking - Jun 07, 2006 01:01
I' m so happy they kept the european DC version of Shenmue 2 in japanese.
When playing the Xbox version afterwards I was terrified by the bad voice acting, especially Ryo' s.
I liked watching the Shenmue Movie because you could watch it in japanese and since the first game was in english in its european version. It was nice to see what the game could' ve been like.
I like reviving this thread all the time since I think IGN' s DC thing is so cool.
So... uh... what' s your record score at darts in Shenmue? My is 525. Not that good but I didn' t play it that much. Any other minigames you would like to show of scores to?
< Message edited by ginjirou -- 6 Jun 06 17:01:44 >
SaFt

• Total Posts : 38
RE: Dream On: Revisiting Sega' s Dreamcast IGN massive Dreamcast ranking - Jun 07, 2006 05:15
I dont think the English voiceactors in Shenmue are THAT bad, but sure, they' re nothing compared to the Japanese ones.

And about the Dart thingy, mine was about 700 if i remember right, didnt play it much either.
< Message edited by SaFt -- 6 Jun 06 21:18:49 >
ginjirou

RE: Dream On: Revisiting Sega' s Dreamcast IGN massive Dreamcast ranking - Jun 07, 2006 05:45
I like the site I found in your profile:
http://www.shenmuenet.info.se/
I love that you can download the video you get when you finish Shenmue 2 that shows a Saturn version of Shenmue. That video is so cool!
ginjirou

RE: Dream On: Revisiting Sega' s Dreamcast IGN massive Dreamcast ranking - Jun 11, 2006 03:32
SaFt

• Total Posts : 38
RE: Dream On: Revisiting Sega' s Dreamcast IGN massive Dreamcast ranking - Jun 11, 2006 18:31
" I like the site I found in your profile:
http://www.shenmuenet.info.se/
I love that you can download the video you get when you finish Shenmue 2 that shows a Saturn version of Shenmue. That video is so cool!"

Oh thanks i' ve made it myself, altough, it looks pretty ugly.. At the moment im doing a new desing for it.
< Message edited by SaFt -- 11 Jun 06 10:33:03 >

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message