Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Dont you just want to play the Next Gen now?
Silentbomber

• Total Posts : 4673
Dont you just want to play the Next Gen now? - Sep 16, 2005 12:45
Looking at the mgs4 trailer, i just wanted to reach for a controller and play for hours, with such great grahpics and undoubtfully a great story line, these next gen games will suck you in faster than ever. With a decent set up i think i might never need to go into this thing you call sunlight again.

Sitting down looking at PS3 + 360 pics and wondering how the hell the revoloution will work tring to play in extended periods, makes me cry going to back to my ps2 and loading up some games, good games, but inferior games to somehwhat the excellant next gen games. You might argue that there has been no real ps3 playbale games yet [not to sure about 360] but even if thats true, it still looks amazing, with games like Warhawk, Oblivion, MGS4, Resi 5 ..and even sonic! [odd all sequals..] these are setting standards at the begining of the next gen, imagine what they can do a few years down the line!.

Going from the superior PS3 + 360 to the revoloution might hurt my eyes, and my arms. But i got to give it a chance, but it ant giveing me the same impact as the ps3 or 360.

I just want to play some next gen!

who' s with me?
Terry Bogard

• Total Posts : 3915
RE: Dont you just want to play the Next Gen now? - Sep 16, 2005 12:48
I' ve been wanting to play next-gen for a little over 2 years now :D.. I' ve been totally ready to move past this generation since that time.
< Message edited by Terry Bogard -- 16 Sep 05 20:52:09 >
mxpx182

• Total Posts : 1394
RE: Dont you just want to play the Next Gen now? - Sep 16, 2005 12:49
I' m ok right now, only because I' ve got so much pre-occupying me. Once next spring comes, and the baby is 6 motnhs old, and hopefully I' ve saved enough money to get a new system then i' ll be insanely pumped. right now I can wait, but maybe that' s just cuase none of them are out yet.
Phoenixxx1974

• Total Posts : 332
RE: Dont you just want to play the Next Gen now? - Sep 16, 2005 12:50
Plus i believe " Best things come to those who wait"

I know waiting sucks but it' s worth it.
Silentbomber

• Total Posts : 4673
RE: Dont you just want to play the Next Gen now? - Sep 16, 2005 13:04
after allmost 5 years, i just want to move on to something new, yes i loved my ps2, but the graphical limitations are starting to grind on me, seeing what future games can do in graphics,ai, massive landscapes games will be 10x fun.

Too bad i.ve no money.. better start to save!
whatabout_paul

• Total Posts : 1227
RE: Dont you just want to play the Next Gen now? - Sep 16, 2005 15:18
I dunno, I finally get the last of the three consoles 2 years ago and now the new ones are coming out. I actually got my X-Box last, christmas 2003 and it' s a new X-box I' ll be getting first.

As much as I want to play them however I' m glad they aren' t out now... gives me a few months to save and apply for a credit card which I can buy a HD TV on. Got my eye on this one.
locopuyo

• Total Posts : 3138
RE: Dont you just want to play the Next Gen now? - Sep 17, 2005 02:33
I seriously can' t wait for xbox 360 to come out, not just so I can play the new 360 games, but also to play xbox 1 games. You see mine has this problem where it will randomly turn off while I' m playing.
I got it on launch day, so its uber old. Every once and a while it used to get the can' t read disc errors, and only way it would work is if u kicked it or shook it, probably gets the dust off the lense. Not sure if that is what caused my xbox to do what it does now, but it was either not be able to play games, or be able to play games but have them turn off randomly lol. And I called in and it would be $80 to fix, so I decided I' d just hold out for xbox 360.
I' m sick of playing Halo 2 on xbox live, being up 6 to 0 then my xbox shuts off.
Auron

• Total Posts : 157
RE: Dont you just want to play the Next Gen now? - Sep 17, 2005 03:18
I' m with you, I want next gen right NOW! I' m looking forward to drooling over the lovely visuals and some of the gameplay doesn' t look half bad either
Naked Snake

• Total Posts : 228
RE: Dont you just want to play the Next Gen now? - Sep 17, 2005 14:25
Right, waiting such a long time sucks bad!
]GaNgStA[

• Total Posts : 2949
RE: Dont you just want to play the Next Gen now? - Sep 29, 2005 03:30
I want next gen to come out tomorrow :) but only so I could get to know the systems and watch them fight - cause I have many quality titles for current gen to finish and I don' t think I' ll go for nextgen till late 2006.The pricing will be good , flaws known , true performance seen in action and all the things we really have no idea about will be clear.
I can' t just throw away awesome games that are already here ( I ' ve got 50% of all AAA PS2 games to finish) plus the ones coming out soon (DQ8 , FFXII , SCIII , MGS3 Substinence).
Vx Chemical

• Total Posts : 5534
RE: Dont you just want to play the Next Gen now? - Sep 29, 2005 03:52
I have so many games to finish before i get my xbox360, because when i get it, im sure i wont be playing titles from older systems. Im playing fahrenheit now, i want to finish up Hulk Ultimate Destruction, and i just bought Resident Evil for gamecube, which i need to finish as well. and thats just the start, there are plenty more good games that comes out before december 2nd
Rampage99

• Total Posts : 3161
RE: Dont you just want to play the Next Gen now? - Sep 29, 2005 05:20
I' m ready and waiting for next gen. I' ve decided to not preorder my 360. I' m going to go to my local Best Buy 2 days before it comes out to start the line. I have to have it okayed by the manager first so I don' t get arrested for loitering. From what I' ve heard most people that preordered will be turned down when they try to pick their system up because there isn' t enough to fill the demand. Stores that don' t take preorders are supposed to get a lot more.

I' m finishing up my last few games for my Xbox that I haven' t beat. I knocked 5 out over the past 3 months. I planned on beating GTA:SA and Metal Arms: Glitch In the System but got bored with both. Now I' m addicted to FFVII with FFVIII ready to follow it up. At least I have two f-ing incredible (and freaking long) games to keep me occupied for the next two months.

In the end though, I NEED OBLIVION!!!!
Mass X

• Total Posts : 4491
RE: Dont you just want to play the Next Gen now? - Sep 29, 2005 08:11
Its ooooosoooooo close isnt it?! A little less then 2 months. I stopped buying games and now rent (finally found a quick and cheap online rental service). Saving up the money for addtional games. Oblivion is already pre-ordered, but I know Jess is gonna want me to grab another controller and an additional multiplayer game (since Im not nice enough to buy her a xbox 360 :-P).
Terry Bogard

• Total Posts : 3915
RE: Dont you just want to play the Next Gen now? - Sep 29, 2005 08:49
If there are any left a few days after launch, I' ll skip paying bills for that month and pick up the basic package!

Ridge Racer 6 is the only launch title I currently have my eye set on.
< Message edited by Terry Bogard -- 29 Sep 05 16:51:55 >
Chee Saw

• Total Posts : 1466
RE: Dont you just want to play the Next Gen now? - Sep 29, 2005 16:59

ORIGINAL: Rampage99

I' m ready and waiting for next gen. I' ve decided to not preorder my 360. I' m going to go to my local Best Buy 2 days before it comes out to start the line.

I' m with you on that note! When I lived in Michigan there was this Circuit City that was pretty well hidden from the masses (of course it' s closed down now, for obvious reasons!). I got both my Xbox and Gamecube there. Just went at 4 o' clock in the morning (when I got off work) and stood in line. It' s gonna be a little harder this time around, but I already put in for the 21st and 22nd of November off! The 23rd and 24th are my regular days off, so I' m in like Flynn!

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll