Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 DS Lite, or a ' budget' PS2 set?
Change Page: 12 > | Showing page 1 of 2, messages 1 to 20 of 36
Byakko

• Total Posts : 599
DS Lite, or a ' budget' PS2 set? - Jul 13, 2006 12:17
Basically, buying the current DS Lite bundle (with one bonus game) or buying a secondhand PS2 with about 30 games cost the same (don' t ask about the PS2, I' m not -.-).

Brushing the law aside, I' m thinking about which to get this year...

I have an Xbox, and of course, the games ain' t much Having Sony' s ' budget' console would really round out my game selection and since I' m going off to Uni soon, I can take it along easier.

Then again, the DS Lite bundle won' t be around for much longer, and I really want Nintendogs.

And I only have enough cash for one or the other...The DS Lite I can *hint* as a Christmas gift, but that' s not really a sure thing.

Ooooor...I could wait till next year to splurge on a Wii and games?
Byakko

RE: DS Lite, or a ' budget' PS2 set? - Jul 13, 2006 12:23
Okay, the ' PS2 with 30 games' set is gone. Sold or he got caught, I have no idea

Anyway, the best PS2 bundle I' ve seen is the full set with 1 controller, and two games (Gran Turismo and Tekken 4) for $280.

The DS Lite bundle, I forgot to mention is $299.
mikayd2

• Total Posts : 1129
RE: DS Lite, or a ' budget' PS2 set? - Jul 13, 2006 13:12

Anyway, the best PS2 bundle I' ve seen is the full set with 1 controller, and two games (Gran Turismo and Tekken 4) for $280.

Sounds like an rip off to me is that 280 usd if so my man go get an 360 not alot of games out there but hell fight night is fun maaden cool i hear doa is cool to but the good games are coming thats what they say
Vx Chemical

• Total Posts : 5534
RE: DS Lite, or a ' budget' PS2 set? - Jul 13, 2006 14:58

Sounds like an rip off to me is that 280 usd if so my man go get an 360 not alot of games out there but hell fight night is fun maaden cool i hear doa is cool to but the good games are coming thats what they say

Byakko is an Xbox chick, so she has a 360 already if i remember correctly
]GaNgStA[

• Total Posts : 2949
RE: DS Lite, or a ' budget' PS2 set? - Jul 13, 2006 21:34
DS lite is awesome and it can do amazing things (organiser,movies,audio,jpg,emulators,GBA,Snes,Scumm games,mail,web browsing) if you get one magical device:)

PS2 however is THE system to own this gen.If you haven' t had it before , there are tons of AAA games and all genres are covered.I bought my PS2 this year and I' m playing great software nonstop.I had Xbox before but I finished all the good and almost good games on it.

DS Lite Vs PS2 depends on what you need.If you have a home gaming system for now , go for the DS - it' s amazing fun at home and on the go.It helps if you know people who have their own DS and MArio karts :)
Silentbomber

• Total Posts : 4673
RE: DS Lite, or a ' budget' PS2 set? - Jul 14, 2006 05:27
Well it all depends on what you want more.

We cant go around telling you what games you might like, you may end up hating the ps2/ds.

You gotta look at your past, have you ever had a ps before? I am sure you had a Nintendo console, but did you enjoy it?

I know you like xbox, Ps2 isnt miles diffrerent but does have some great games that the xbox can only dream of.

Ds isnt really hardcore, your not going to be spening 6 hours trying to master a game, but more of a 30 min bash and play later thing, and since your going to uni you might just need that for the trips and your time off.

But its up to you in the end.
QuezcatoL

• Total Posts : 7059
RE: DS Lite, or a ' budget' PS2 set? - Jul 14, 2006 05:29
Damn,a asian buyin 360 games,can there be something more hot?

Well ofc Lost odyssey is that,and upcoming Mass effect,and dont forget blue dragon ffs.
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
RE: DS Lite, or a ' budget' PS2 set? - Jul 14, 2006 11:37

Damn,a asian buyin 360 games,can there be something more hot?

Yeah, someone, anyone, buying games for me

Honestly, I' d say hold out for a Wii. It' s only four or so months away. (gonna be out before thanksgiving)
< Message edited by Eddie_the_Hated -- 14 Jul 06 3:38:37 >
Byakko

RE: DS Lite, or a ' budget' PS2 set? - Jul 14, 2006 13:15

quote:

Keep in mind that this is in SINGAPORE DOLLARS, which is like half of the US dollar...so really I would be buying the PS2 set at US$140 and the DS at about US$150...

Anyway, I' ll be GETTING a 360, when my dad renews our cable contract (the bonus this year is a free 360 Core, 2 years ago it was my current Xbox). It' s Core, so I' ll still be spending some money on the HD drive-tray =/ I think I can weasel my dad into getting that for me too ^^

Really, I just desperately want a new game system...I admit that, I' m more inclined to the DS since my GBA is dated, scratched up and stuff. And I REALLY want to get one for that new FFIII (3D graphics! Woot!).

*sigh* But the games on my Xbox lack ALOT. I' m having fun replaying Panzer Dragoon Orta a couple of times, but it' s in Jap =/ Otogi and Otogi 2 are great for simple hack-and-slash, and I have Jade Empire. But they won' t last

PS2 owners made envious but buying PS games in Singapore is VERY expensive (if you go legit) since unlike for the Xbox, we don' t make PS games in Singapore

Ah, fudge it! I' ll get my cousin in Malaysia to get me one. The DS is for me
Tiz

• Total Posts : 3158
RE: DS Lite, or a ' budget' PS2 set? - Jul 14, 2006 20:13
Byakko' s a girl?
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: DS Lite, or a ' budget' PS2 set? - Jul 14, 2006 20:15
You didn' t know that?
Tiz

RE: DS Lite, or a ' budget' PS2 set? - Jul 14, 2006 20:17
...... Yes.....

I thought she was a guy, I mean her avatar... come on!

It' s people like Mikay and Gaiden that get these all mixed...
Byakko

RE: DS Lite, or a ' budget' PS2 set? - Jul 15, 2006 11:46

ORIGINAL: Tiz

Byakko' s a girl?

Oooo, that is so classic And you' d think the avatar is obvious enough... *hunts for totally macho avatar*
Tiz

RE: DS Lite, or a ' budget' PS2 set? - Jul 15, 2006 18:13

ORIGINAL: Byakko

Oooo, that is so classic And you' d think the avatar is obvious enough... *hunts for totally macho avatar*

No offense, but there are LOADS of males here running round rampant
with female avatars (Gaiden BLACK and Mikay to name a few, Calintz is an
isolated case... Are you male or female Calintz???)

That' s why I thought you were a he..

Sooo... d' you have a gamertag? Join Team Kikizo... We need some intuitive design
for costumes, I was thinking a BIG " K" on the front and we have to have pants
over trousers.. But I want a females input...
< Message edited by Tiz -- 15 Jul 06 10:15:06 >
Bishonen

• Total Posts : 1718
RE: DS Lite, or a ' budget' PS2 set? - Jul 15, 2006 19:54

ORIGINAL: Byakko
Ah, fudge it! I' ll get my cousin in Malaysia to get me one. The DS is for me

.....congratulations, nothing beats the feeling of getting a new gaming system...

....and nintendogs does look like a quality game...

...when you get it, will you promise to post pictures of your puppies for me?....
< Message edited by Bishonen -- 20 Jul 06 19:42:18 >
Tiz

RE: DS Lite, or a ' budget' PS2 set? - Jul 15, 2006 19:58
Byakko' s a girl ya know Bish...
Bishonen

RE: DS Lite, or a ' budget' PS2 set? - Jul 15, 2006 20:11
...Tiz, i think you must be the only regular member who didn' t know that.... ...did you really join before her?... ...i don' t remember you back then...
< Message edited by Bishonen -- 20 Jul 06 19:40:17 >
Tiz

RE: DS Lite, or a ' budget' PS2 set? - Jul 15, 2006 20:20
I posted a bit, then watched, and I didn' t like the fact that I was on like 27 posts
and for some strange reason, i felt like I was being judged on my number of posts.

That was back then.

So I started posting regularly.

But I saw Byakko talking, I thought it was just someone that liked Kill Bill...

Blame Mikay and Gaiden BLACK, usually I would assume, the avatar
represents the gender of the user. But Gaiden and Mikay, have buggered
that up..

Of course, I' ve never thought that you were an animal that had consumed too many
blue panda pops of sorts... no, not at all.
Bishonen

RE: DS Lite, or a ' budget' PS2 set? - Jul 15, 2006 21:08
....i don' t think anyone should be worried about the number of their posts.... ...people post as and when they can, and i don' t see nothing wrong with that...

....now, those who feel the need to post about 100 times a day.... ...well i ' anit going to point any fingers...

...but..

...it does kinda seem to strangle the forum.... ..y' know?..

..to see 10 page threads constantly filled with the same three people' s off-topic chatter... ...it' s not exactly compelling reading for the rest of us is it?....

...well that' s what my opinion is anyway....
< Message edited by Bishonen -- 20 Jul 06 19:40:39 >
Tiz

RE: DS Lite, or a ' budget' PS2 set? - Jul 15, 2006 21:19
No, I used to be worried about the number of posts..

I do agree with this though..

..to see 10 page threads constantly filled with the same three people' s off-topic chatter... ...it' s not exactly compelling reading for the rest of us is it?....

You referring to:

MajikmechaTizoQuez???

I have found that threads go off-topic in like 3 seconds every now and then...
Change Page: 12 > | Showing page 1 of 2, messages 1 to 20 of 36

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message