Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 DS Lite gets MP3 playback!
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
DS Lite gets MP3 playback! - Nov 24, 2006 05:30

Nintendo has finally added an MP3 player to its handheld DS Lite console, although the software update will cost UK users £20.

This is in stark contrast to Sony' s rival PlayStation Portable (PSP) system, which includes MP3 playback as standard.

The Nintendo system also falls down against the PSP when it comes to adding files to the console.

MP3 files are added to an SD card using a PC, but users will need to purchase a card reader and SD memory card separately.

The PSP connects to a computer using USB and, although users still need to buy an memory card, files can be dropped straight on to the console.

Nintendo' s UK press relations firm refused to comment on the pricing, maintaining that this was the only information they had received from the US.

The Nintendo MP3 Player software will be available across Europe on 8 December. As well as playing MP3s on the DS Lite, it also works with the Game Boy Advance SP and Game Boy Micro.

LINK

Nice!
Terrak

• Total Posts : 783
RE: DS Lite gets MP3 playback! - Nov 24, 2006 06:37
Too bad i don' t have a DS.
< Message edited by Terrak -- 23 Nov 06 22:37:48 >
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
RE: DS Lite gets MP3 playback! - Nov 24, 2006 07:29
Sweet!

Except for the fact that actually buying the firmware update+big-enough memory card+card reader is more than what it costs for a good MP3 player.[:' (] Microsoft has it going on with free updates.
Silentbomber

• Total Posts : 4673
RE: DS Lite gets MP3 playback! - Nov 25, 2006 05:23
psp does this better! if you people who bought the ds for ' the games' buy this, it makes you hypocrties! hypocrties i tell ya!
uumai

• Total Posts : 1363
RE: DS Lite gets MP3 playback! - Nov 25, 2006 05:35
Agreed i don' t see why anyone cares about this, mp3 players aren' t expensive, and there is a psp if you really want multi-media and games on the go.

mastachefbkw

• Total Posts : 3793
RE: DS Lite gets MP3 playback! - Nov 25, 2006 07:58
okay, my opinion, You buy a video game system for video games not music, they have zunes and ipods for that.
Alecrein

• Total Posts : 762
RE: DS Lite gets MP3 playback! - Nov 25, 2006 08:24

psp does this better! if you people who bought the ds for ' the games' buy this, it makes you hypocrties! hypocrties i tell ya!

The only thing PsP does better :P And Yeah, I have both DS and PSP I loved Infected on the PSP after that...DS all the time.

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll