Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Console vs. Pc Gamer
Papado

• Total Posts : 234
Console vs. Pc Gamer - Sep 05, 2006 19:45
As I was looking through the forum, I realized there are many people who claim to either be Pc or Console gamers, and I thought it would be interesting to ask you all which you are, and when you realized it (which game or which feature cemented your alliegance to one or the other).

For myself I think I have always prefered console gaming (athough I have loved some Pc games, like the Fallout series). It' s just the idea of getting that new game and playing in a matter of seconds, without any installation, potential Dll, driver or whatever problems, and without needing to upgrade my hardware. Also, I am partial to the kind of games most commonly found on consoles as opposed to Pc, mainly racing, platformers, and action adventure games (ie. SoTC or Devil May Cry). I supposed I knew it around the time I was playing FF7 through for the first time, that no other experience could ever match that provided on a console; and it was reaffirmed years later while playing SoTC.
]GaNgStA[

• Total Posts : 2949
RE: Console vs. Pc Gamer - Sep 05, 2006 19:55
I love classic threads...
Vx Chemical

• Total Posts : 5534
RE: Console vs. Pc Gamer - Sep 05, 2006 20:51
Im a console gamer, but i was a PC gamer for many years! But the good titles arent as plentiful on the platform anymore! the RPGs are few and far between (atleast the fun ones) other than that its just FPS, RTS!
UnluckyOne

• Total Posts : 995
RE: Console vs. Pc Gamer - Sep 05, 2006 21:52
I' m both, but I guess at my core I' m a PC gamer. Most of my fondest memories are playing PC games. My time between the two systems is usually spread 60/40 (PC/Console respectively).
Terrak

• Total Posts : 783
RE: Console vs. Pc Gamer - Sep 06, 2006 15:32
I' m primarily a PC gamer. My favourite games are FPS & RTS. I never play online and i play the occassional game or 2 every week. I have 4 decent PCs hooked up on a LAN and play a multiplayer when friends come over.

Funly enough my first console was the N64, and thats what got me in to consoles. Been a big fan of Nintendo ever since - buying a GC at launch, and having Super Mario 64, SSB:M and Legend of Zelda The Ocarina Of Time amongst my all time favourite games. I rarely play play consoles that much anymore, but have recently got interested again thanks ti Wii. I just hope it lives up to my expectations.
< Message edited by Terrak -- 6 Sep 06 7:36:53 >
Joe Redifer

• Total Posts : 4481
RE: Console vs. Pc Gamer - Sep 06, 2006 15:35
Screw PC games. My computer is for editing videos, authoring DVDs, and lots of crap like that. I don' t want to put in a special video card to make games playable. I don' t want to worry about if my cmputer meets the specs for the latest game. That' s why I like console games. They all come in standardized boxes instead of lame boxes of all shapes and sizes like PC game boxes, and that makes them much easier to store.

God likes console gamers better. PC gamers worship the devil.
locopuyo

• Total Posts : 3138
RE: Console vs. Pc Gamer - Sep 06, 2006 15:51
I' m both but more of a PC gamer. I' m mostly into competetive multiplayer games but enjoy other games as well. I don' t like stereotpyical single player third person playstation games.
Ikashiru

• Total Posts : 649
RE: Console vs. Pc Gamer - Sep 06, 2006 17:40
I' ve not replied to this thread the 3 or 4 times I' ve seen it reincarnated, so heres my shot.

Both.

Sometimes a particular type of game only comes to one platform in its purest form. For example BF2 on the PC.

The days of a PC being the primary platform of FPS and of consoles only having Lara Croft clones are long gone.

PC' s have stuggled with interface technology for games other than FPS for a long time. However you put it a PC keyboard will not have the responsiveness that a 360 pad has. Luckily these lines are now being blurred by being able to plug your 360 pad straight into a usb port. Thank christ.

Even still, its still an hour of tweaking settings and dead zone' s to get things just right. A console is bang it on, throw a controller at your mates et voila.. forced social interaction of a kind!

Consoles are definetly healthier from that perspective, they are open ended and inviting to new users and support widenening participation of new types of games and gamers. PC' s are more of an individual' s machine tailored via extreme cash eexpendature!

Ying & Yang if you will.

It' s also worth remembering that for a very long time before PC' s went 3d, they were pwned by consoles and lets not forget.. home computers!

Consoles are the arcade' s grandchildren. Consoles are now like the arcades used to be. Except rather than just being everywhere, they are with you everywhere.

My Alienware laptop will certainly never be " Mobile " that' s for sure - my girlfriend cant even pick it up! A DS or PSP simply aspires to gameplay at certain compromises technically. PC gamers don' t compromise!

I suppose it' s like that " wii' ing and ps3ing video " that was posted up.. expect the fat woman is the PC and the gaming consoles are the nubile blonde.. both satisfy different desires.
mastachefbkw

• Total Posts : 3793
RE: Console vs. Pc Gamer - Sep 11, 2006 10:19
Im a console gamer but i think it is so much easier with a keyboard and a mouse. if they would make something that caught my intrest and was only for the pc and wasnt coming out on a console and i just couldnt stand it i would get it but then i would have to change to a pc gamer but then i dont know if i would be able to return to a console.
Terry Bogard

• Total Posts : 3915
RE: Console vs. Pc Gamer - Sep 11, 2006 10:33
I am 100% an Arcade, Console, and Handheld gamer..

Never had any interest in PC games.
Evil Man

• Total Posts : 1441
RE: Console vs. Pc Gamer - Sep 11, 2006 10:59
Mostly console.

Most of the PC games I' ve played throughout the years are either console ports (final fantasy 7, prince of persia, legacy of kain: soul reaver, fable, etc.) or MMORPGs like World Of Warcraft and Everquest 2.

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll