Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Complete Wii Specs leaked
Change Page: < 1234 > | Showing page 3 of 4, messages 41 to 60 of 62
Tiz

• Total Posts : 3158
RE: Complete Wii Specs leaked - Aug 02, 2006 00:42
Yes, I know, but I loved licking it off the spoon when I was seven.

My mum doesn' t make em' anymore... She' s also scrapped Pizza nights as
well.. There' s the italian influence for you...

Can' t be helped, my mum spent 3 years in Italy..
Tiz

RE: Complete Wii Specs leaked - Aug 02, 2006 00:44

cookie dough is fantastic, and the ben & gerrys ice cream of it is f' in awesome!

are you in london!? I recon we should have a kikizo postal gingerbread challenege where we post a pic up of what the royal mail did to your cooking, then i get to eat a piece!

Born and bred!

Andy, what Uni do you teach at? My friend has a lecturer that does the exact same
thing as you, but he hates Shenmue..

Wait, you don' t believe the Killzone demo was in-game do you?
ginjirou

• Total Posts : 4836
RE: Complete Wii Specs leaked - Aug 02, 2006 00:45
Wii specs, gingerbread, in-game Killzone.
This thread has it all!
Ikashiru

• Total Posts : 649
RE: Complete Wii Specs leaked - Aug 02, 2006 01:00
no, shemue is the ultimate sega experience for me, still play it through every now and then!

and killzone trailer in game LOL what do you take me for!?

seriously though, dont answer that, and is his lecturers first name Ryan by any chance?!
< Message edited by musashi -- 1 Aug 06 17:01:09 >
Tiz

RE: Complete Wii Specs leaked - Aug 02, 2006 01:03

ORIGINAL: musashi

no, shemue is the ultimate sega experience for me, still play it through every now and then!

and killzone trailer in game LOL what do you take me for!?

seriously though, dont answer that, and is his lecturers first name Ryan by any chance?!

I dunno... D' you know a lecturer called Ryan that sounds exactly like that??

I' ll ask him today what his lecturers name is..

I can clearly see you' re not his lecturer...lol
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: Complete Wii Specs leaked - Aug 02, 2006 01:16
Andy is like semi-famous. He' s already worked in development and would be the guy to as about logic programs or dynamic scheduling. He' s easily the smartest person who posts here and he can even draw hamsters!!!!!

Game Junkie

• Total Posts : 708
RE: Complete Wii Specs leaked - Aug 02, 2006 02:18
Did GNC have a DSP unit in the GPU?
Nitro

RE: Complete Wii Specs leaked - Aug 02, 2006 02:25

ORIGINAL: Game Junkie

Did GNC have a DSP unit in the GPU?

It was on a separate board. This is something ATi havce been looking into, Check THIS out.
Kannon

• Total Posts : 205
RE: Complete Wii Specs leaked - Aug 02, 2006 02:44
Isn' t some stuff missing from that specs list?
I some stuff doesn' t make sense and this is most likely fake.
Check out what the site is about
Nitro

RE: Complete Wii Specs leaked - Aug 02, 2006 03:01

ORIGINAL: Kannon

Isn' t some stuff missing from that specs list?
I some stuff doesn' t make sense and this is most likely fake.
Check out what the site is about

What?
Game Junkie

• Total Posts : 708
RE: Complete Wii Specs leaked - Aug 02, 2006 03:01
Interesting, it seems as though ATI and Nvidia are both trying to leverage more onto the graphic card (physics and sound). It makes me laugh when I see Ati proposing three graphic cards, one for physics.
< Message edited by Game Junkie -- 1 Aug 06 19:10:35 >
]GaNgStA[

• Total Posts : 2949
RE: Complete Wii Specs leaked - Aug 02, 2006 08:40

You know i love you.

I know...

That is a massive generalisation, and could well have been a reply with regard to the wiis backwards compatibility. Have you got links to these articles / devs / sources, im interested who would state that they would re-use a 5 year old GPU?

it' s a quote from the story that started this thread - the link is on the very top of the first post.It is strange though I can' t deny that.
whiteguysamurai

• Total Posts : 316
RE: Complete Wii Specs leaked - Aug 03, 2006 00:46
if this is so, it should be a nightmare for all multi platform titles that need to meet a sertain consistancy all around.

So this generation, the Wii will be the lowest man on the totem pole, like the ps2 was.
And all games will be forced to look similar.
Silentbomber

• Total Posts : 4673
RE: Complete Wii Specs leaked - Aug 03, 2006 01:14
Multi-Console games is going to be hell to devolp for the Wii, its games are going be to downgraded from its Ps3/360 brothers which costs money, something which Publishers wont be fond of. Instead of Realseing Splinter cell 5 on Wii, it may get its own Splinter cell game, which differs alot from SP5 in controlls and in general gameplay it may be better/worse [just useing that as an example]

This I think is going to happen alot with the Wii, a Perfect example is Sonic. Sonic is coming to ps3 and 360 with all its next gen goodness, while the Wii is stuck with Sonic Wild Fire, it maybe be better/worse, but its not the same version.
dasher232

• Total Posts : 1729
RE: Complete Wii Specs leaked - Aug 03, 2006 01:35
I think most people who follow game series i.e splinter cell would rather have the official story rather than a spin-off iv' e seen kikizo' s story on wildfire and to be quite frank I wasn' t really impressed but i' m probably not their main audience anyway but we' ll see how things shape up with muliplatform games it will be interesting to see how wii sustains.
2pac

• Total Posts : 1032
RE: Complete Wii Specs leaked - Aug 03, 2006 01:46
Its a double edged sword .. On the one hand its good that we wont be seeing the same game on all the consoles but as u rightly say the game might suck ... It will depend on the developers/publishers ...
Nitro

RE: Complete Wii Specs leaked - Aug 03, 2006 04:52
Gamecube suffered badly with multi-platform titles and Chaos Theory is a perfect example. Gamecube could easily produce graphics on par with Xbox when it' s strengths were correctly utilized and yet the Gamecube version of Chaos Theory looked even worse then the PS2 version while the Xbox version looked even better than the PC version.

I wuld hope that because the developments costs are very low, studios will create unique exclusive versions of titles that are released multi-platform on PS3/360. Most engines are highly scalable too and if we take RE4 as an example, it still looks great even compared to most 360 games, ...so multiples of that would stand up quite well to...

Obviously the PS3/360 versions would look far superior but a change of perspective and completely different control method could make the game well worth having AS WELL as the PS3/360 version.

I' m hoping Wii see' s the kind of creativity that DS has seen and developers can think of enough things to do with the hardware.
Silentbomber

RE: Complete Wii Specs leaked - Aug 03, 2006 06:15
Damn i want Resi5.

Thats another example, Resi 5 coming to Ps3 and 360 while the Wii is getting its own title.

And all I can think of is Resi:Outbreak... [:' (]
Nitro

RE: Complete Wii Specs leaked - Aug 03, 2006 06:27
Outbreak wasn nothing special but it was a welcome on PS2 after Gamecube got the AWESOME remake of the original and then Zero.

I seriously love the RE series. RE2 was my all time favourite and most played Playstation game. I played the demo to death before the game was released, ...i miss those demo' s where you got to play like 10 games. Xbox and 360 only get 2 or 3 per issue.

Anyhoo, back to Outbreak. It had a cool style and tried to push the whole online concept but it would have worked better on Xbox or PC. At least Playstation 2 got RE4 eventually and had some kickass extra content that made up for it' s technical shortcomings. I still can' t get enough of the Mercenaries mode. Just think, downloadable maps, enemies and weapons for the PS3/360 versions (Mercenaries mode). Kickass!

Now the Gun Survivor series, ...that REALLY sucked!
Silentbomber

RE: Complete Wii Specs leaked - Aug 03, 2006 07:11
I remember that resi2 demo, it had a 4 mintute time limit. Which really begged the question how much of the game was in there? but, I manged to get into the police station, and find that dieing guy just before the demo cut out.

I played it like 5,000 times.
Change Page: < 1234 > | Showing page 3 of 4, messages 41 to 60 of 62

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread