Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Black main characters?
Change Page: < 1234567 > | Showing page 3 of 7, messages 41 to 60 of 121
dasher232

• Total Posts : 1729
RE: Black main characters? - Jun 29, 2006 03:24
No offense but the prince of persia looks more white than arab to me. The japanese/asian thing is weird to me though especially as i' m originally from a country where it' s mostly black/asian and some dutch they all got on fine surprisingly but I realise that certain things work much differently in the western world.
Hidemoto

• Total Posts : 311
RE: Black main characters? - Jun 29, 2006 04:19

i' m originally from a country where it' s mostly black/asian and some dutch

wow...which country is that....i can´t think of one like that
ginjirou

• Total Posts : 4836
RE: Black main characters? - Jun 29, 2006 04:20
NINTENDOSEGAMICROSOFTSONY
Dutch.. uh... Indonesia? They had some dutchmen a long time ago. And they look pretty dark.
NINTENDOSEGAMICROSOFTSONY
< Message edited by ginjirou -- 28 Jun 06 20:20:29 >
Hidemoto

RE: Black main characters? - Jun 29, 2006 04:24
man...by the way...if you played alone in the dark with a main character being a white guy with a tan ( like quez says) then it would be like where´s wally?
dasher232

RE: Black main characters? - Jun 29, 2006 04:43

ORIGINAL: Hidemoto

i' m originally from a country where it' s mostly black/asian and some dutch

wow...which country is that....i can´t think of one like that

Guyana.
Hidemoto

RE: Black main characters? - Jun 29, 2006 04:49
oh...but that´s in south america right?
Vx Chemical

• Total Posts : 5534
RE: Black main characters? - Jun 29, 2006 04:51

No offense but the prince of persia looks more white than arab to me. The japanese/asian thing is weird to me though especially as i' m originally from a country where it' s mostly black/asian and some dutch they all got on fine surprisingly but I realise that certain things work much differently in the western world.

The very first prince of persia was very much white, the first game was also called White Prince by some. And i seem to remember it being about a white prince falling for a Arab Princess
dasher232

RE: Black main characters? - Jun 29, 2006 04:55

oh...but that´s in south america right?

Yup....to be honest it' s caribbean/south-american because of the basin thing but I think it would be classed officially as more south american.
Hidemoto

RE: Black main characters? - Jun 29, 2006 04:59
nice to see that this forum is really international
Tim Strickland

• Total Posts : 101
RE: Black main characters? - Jun 29, 2006 05:26
It may not be out yet, and some of the preview builds have gotten pretty poor reviews, but has anyone mentioned Crackdown?

That game is being developed in-house from Microsoft, correct?
dasher232

RE: Black main characters? - Jun 29, 2006 05:33
Yeah I think gamespot recently had something on it and it should be microsoft in house last time I checked.
Terry Bogard

• Total Posts : 3915
RE: Black main characters? - Jun 29, 2006 05:48
Regarding the thing about Japan and other races/ethnicities and whatnot, I haven' t been to Japan yet so I wouldn' t know..
But from what' s I' ve read in this thread, certain parts of Japan don' t sound all that different than the U.S.

Many of the Japanese people I' ve met in the U.S., weren' t all that young and were pretty friendly and welcoming towards others of different background. The flipside is that an online friend of mine who happens to be Japanese, she told me that her parents were never gung-ho about the father of her daughter because of his Hispanic background.

I also remember Mike Tyson and Michael Jackson were pretty well loved in Japan many moons ago :P. Some of the Japanese women interviewed were even swooning over Tyson and thought he was sexy ;) :P -- and this was quite a long time ago..

So, like I said before and to get to the point, that type of stuff seems to vary across the globe.

Which is why I want Aliens to invade this planet and threaten to blow it up unless all you humans put aside you pety differences and love one another
< Message edited by Terry Bogard -- 28 Jun 06 21:49:00 >
Hidemoto

RE: Black main characters? - Jun 29, 2006 06:14

Which is why I want Aliens to invade this planet and threaten to blow it up unless all you humans put aside you pety differences and love one another

don´t we all?
Tiz

• Total Posts : 3158
RE: Black main characters? - Jun 29, 2006 06:28

ORIGINAL: dasher232

Well everything I know about japan comes from media and friends other than that I haven' t a clue but it surprises me though especially since theyre always smiling.....

That' s very true... Every time I hear japanese being spoken in public, I think
I have played too many RPG' s, if you were to give me loads of American
dollars it would feel like monopoly money as I have only seen these things in the
media I wouldn' t know how to use them.. I can only use the £!

Hidemoto

RE: Black main characters? - Jun 29, 2006 11:16
i was looking the threads titles in the forum, saw this one and thought " damn what if they made Mario a black plummer?"

it would be like " Yo browser! whazzup nigger? i came for my ho."

dasher232

RE: Black main characters? - Jun 29, 2006 17:26
Yeah...and the' yd probably take out the mushroom power-up.....and the warp tiles...and jumping down pipe lines...
Chee Saw

• Total Posts : 1466
RE: Black main characters? - Jun 29, 2006 23:29

i was looking the threads titles in the forum, saw this one and thought " damn what if they made Mario a black plummer?"

it would be like " Yo browser! whazzup nigger? i came for my ho."

I know that was a joke and all, but that' s fucked up...!
QuezcatoL

• Total Posts : 7059
RE: Black main characters? - Jun 30, 2006 02:31
The sad thing is that in one of the few games black people are in,then the main character usually speak that way.
< Message edited by quezcatol -- 29 Jun 06 18:31:44 >
dasher232

RE: Black main characters? - Jun 30, 2006 02:35
I always find it weird for some reason when zack speaks japanese ......in relation to the speaking thing though I know it' s a common thing but hardly anyone I know talks like it. Don' t get me wrong they don' t speak standard english or anything but not quite like ' ' yo wazzup ma nigga' ' ...but it is common though.
< Message edited by dasher232 -- 29 Jun 06 18:36:53 >
Bishonen

• Total Posts : 1718
RE: Black main characters? - Jun 30, 2006 03:03
....this may come as a shock to those of you who are too afraid to speak to a black person (" please don' t mug me" ), but not all black people are ' gangstas' ...

...at least your general collective ignorance highlights the reason why when a black person is included in a game, they invariably pander to the stereotypes which most of you hold...

...and btw only a moron would talk about racist nations without mentioning Eastern Europe, the Mediterranean and Australia....

...idiots...
< Message edited by Bishonen -- 29 Jun 06 19:03:59 >
Change Page: < 1234567 > | Showing page 3 of 7, messages 41 to 60 of 121

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message