Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Bizarre MGS4 rumor! *note, concerns 360!*
Change Page: 123 > | Showing page 1 of 3, messages 1 to 20 of 59
Byakko

• Total Posts : 599
Bizarre MGS4 rumor! *note, concerns 360!* - Nov 27, 2006 16:41
This is taken from the latest Nov issue of EGM!

Rumors are flying that Konami is forcing Hideo Kojima to port MGS4 over to 360!

I find this very unlikely, but who knows? Konami already allowed Hundred Years War to no longer be a PS3 exclusive, but a heavy hitter like MGS4?
Calintz

• Total Posts : 321
RE: Bizarre MGS4 rumor! *note, concerns 360!* - Nov 27, 2006 17:06
If true, it certainly would be a big blow to the PS3. After all why would anyone purchase a PS3 specifically to play the game, when with the 360 they' ve got a much cheaper alternative available.
locopuyo

• Total Posts : 3138
RE: Bizarre MGS4 rumor! *note, concerns 360!* - Nov 27, 2006 17:08
I don' t think he is really a developer loyal to sony. There are a lot of 360' s out there and he knows that. He wants to get his game to more people. The only thing that is going to stop it from going multiplatform is Sony writing a check.
Vx Chemical

• Total Posts : 5534
RE: Bizarre MGS4 rumor! *note, concerns 360!* - Nov 27, 2006 17:12
it wouldnt be so strange if it was released on the 360, MGS3 was the only true exclusive MGS game!
Calintz

• Total Posts : 321
RE: Bizarre MGS4 rumor! *note, concerns 360!* - Nov 27, 2006 17:18

it wouldnt be so strange if it was released on the 360, MGS3 was the only true exclusive MGS game!

There' s a difference though. Every other MGS game appeared on a Sony format first (with the exception of Substance I think) if the rumours exist so early of the game winging its way to the 360, MGS4 could be appearing on the very same day on both formats.
Vx Chemical

• Total Posts : 5534
RE: Bizarre MGS4 rumor! *note, concerns 360!* - Nov 27, 2006 17:20
that would be great, and even less reason to consider a PS3, and id like to see the game with higher texture resolution than what iv seen in the PS3 shots, provided that was done ofcourse :)
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: Bizarre MGS4 rumor! *note, concerns 360!* - Nov 27, 2006 17:53
The game isn' t due out until next fall at the earliest. by then there will be millions of PS3' s worldwide (even if the EU launch is delayed until September). Sony have invested a lot of money in Kojima Productions and Sony are the reason Kojima is doing another MGS - the guy wanted to end the series with Snake Eater (as far as him directing is concerned).

I would be extremely surprised to find that MGS4 was headed for 360. It' s an unlikely situation, even if it would be good for business. If 360 gets a MGS game then i a) don' t expect Kojima to direct, and b) don' t expect it to be a fully fledged iteration. I' d expect it to be online focused.

If however this turns out to be true, losing such a game would have huge ramifications on how potential buyers and more importantly other developers & publishers see things.

Does Microsoftneed MGS4 though?
choupolo

• Total Posts : 1773
RE: Bizarre MGS4 rumor! *note, concerns 360!* - Nov 27, 2006 17:56
MGS4 is perhaps one of the only reasons I' m still considering a PS3. If it goes to 360, I' ll be very happy!

I' m more looking forward to Kojima' s new IPs on 360 however...
Alecrein

• Total Posts : 762
RE: Bizarre MGS4 rumor! *note, concerns 360!* - Nov 27, 2006 18:00

a) don' t expect Kojima to direct,

Kojima isn' t Director of MGS4 anyway, he is at the helm. But from what I have seen from every trailer it is Shuyo Murata. I am all for a 360 port and if it does happen...well PS3 is no longer needed in my eyes, this was the only game I really wanted on the system...everything else looks like rubbish...or just doesn' t interest me.
fernandino

• Total Posts : 661
RE: Bizarre MGS4 rumor! *note, concerns 360!* - Nov 27, 2006 18:18

ORIGINAL: Majikdra6on

The game isn' t due out until next fall at the earliest. by then there will be millions of PS3' s worldwide (even if the EU launch is delayed until September). Sony have invested a lot of money in Kojima Productions and Sony are the reason Kojima is doing another MGS - the guy wanted to end the series with Snake Eater (as far as him directing is concerned).

Finally, someone who can see the real reason why Kojima its making the game, well thats the same reason why he created Kojima Productions, so he can make final decition on the platform its games are developed on, im not concerned that the game would appear in the 360 because it wont happend, what bothers me its that the fucking Konami execs keep bothering Kojima san and dont let him do the game in peace, a 08 delay would be terrible to SONY, but Kojima loves the PlayStation, he know how important this game its to the PlayStation 3 and he knows the MGS fanbase are whit SONY, BTW shortly after TGS 05 he was asked if the game would show up on the 360 and he said he dont like tomake multiplatform games and he wont make the same mistake again.

But agree, if by any reason the game goes to xbox 360 MS will totally own xmas 07 and probably the console war, the only way sony could live to that its if Killzone 2 would be better than Majora´s Mask, StarCraft, Diablo, and Vagrant History melt together.

< Message edited by fernandino -- 27 Nov 06 20:03:17 >
Nitro

RE: Bizarre MGS4 rumor! *note, concerns 360!* - Nov 27, 2006 18:48

ORIGINAL: Alecrein

a) don' t expect Kojima to direct,

Kojima isn' t Director of MGS4 anyway, he is at the helm. But from what I have seen from every trailer it is Shuyo Murata. I am all for a 360 port and if it does happen...well PS3 is no longer needed in my eyes, this was the only game I really wanted on the system...everything else looks like rubbish...or just doesn' t interest me.

Murata is co-director. Kojima is both producer and lead director. Stop talking shit.
< Message edited by MAJIKDRA6ON -- 27 Nov 06 10:48:28 >
Terry Bogard

• Total Posts : 3915
RE: Bizarre MGS4 rumor! *note, concerns 360!* - Nov 27, 2006 22:00

The only thing that is going to stop it from going multiplatform is Sony writing a check.

I believe Microsoft can write checks as good if not better
Shikashi

• Total Posts : 196
RE: Bizarre MGS4 rumor! *note, concerns 360!* - Nov 27, 2006 22:15
LOL! WTF! Kojima isn' t directing MGS4...Anyway, this doesn' t make sense to me. The only reason Konami is worried is because the PS3 has yet to have a decent Userbase, give the Console a few months FFS.

Oh and do I need to remind you that Substance for the XBox was a complete flop? Microsoft already has Splinter Cell, or as I call it complete rip-off of MGS with more focus on Gameplay and dumb stories, so why would they want MGS4? All I see is Fanboys bashing the game. And Kojima and Sony have had a great relationship trough the years, both parties trust each other very much so I don' t think that MGS4 will be in the 360.

Btw, the MGS3 was the only " true exclusive" is crap. All canon games came first on the PS/2 and only then in other platforms as re-editions. Final Fantasy also came out on the 360 and NGC and still, people consider it a Sony exclusive, so what' s different about MGS? Can I also consider Halo not be an exclusive because it came out in the PC?

Bishonen

• Total Posts : 1718
RE: Bizarre MGS4 rumor! *note, concerns 360!* - Nov 27, 2006 22:26

There' s a difference though. Every other MGS game appeared on a Sony format first (with the exception of Substance I think) if the rumours exist so early of the game winging its way to the 360, MGS4 could be appearing on the very same day on both formats.

...don' t be ridiculous woman.....

....Kojima and crew have only just figured out the PS3 (see majik' s Kojima interview), and are 100% involved in developing their game purely for that platform....

...for MGS4 to appear on x360, it would have to be ported from the completed PS3 original..... ...something which i imagine Kojima would loathe... ....." when will i be free from this blasted franchise?" ....

...anyway, only a fool would expect a simultaneous mutliformat release....

.....if MGS4 comes out on 360, it' ll be at least a year later as " MGS4: Guns Of The Substance Subsistence" or something....
Nitro

RE: Bizarre MGS4 rumor! *note, concerns 360!* - Nov 27, 2006 22:29

ORIGINAL: Shikashi

LOL! WTF! Kojima isn' t directing MGS4...

He announced his retirement from directing the MGS series after the 3rd game and yet reprised his role as director for MGS4. He IS directing MGS4 and we' ve known that since E32005. You' d do well not to contradict me again.
mastachefbkw

• Total Posts : 3793
RE: Bizarre MGS4 rumor! *note, concerns 360!* - Nov 27, 2006 22:33

Does Microsoftneed MGS4 though?

No, of course they want the game, but they dont need it, but it would convert some sony fanboys.
Nitro

RE: Bizarre MGS4 rumor! *note, concerns 360!* - Nov 27, 2006 22:36
For any other fucking MORON who wants to claim that Kojima isn' t directing MGS4, simply go HERE and hit ' Kojipro-pr' and select ' creator profile' then Kojima. You' ll find that under MGS4 it says...

Planning, Scenario, Director, Producer, Editing (In Development)

...' Director' - ok, are we done now you fucking idiots?
< Message edited by MAJIKDRA6ON -- 27 Nov 06 14:38:43 >
Bishonen

• Total Posts : 1718
RE: Bizarre MGS4 rumor! *note, concerns 360!* - Nov 27, 2006 22:43
...errr...

...i think Shikashi was simply repeating what someone else wrote in a amazed manner....

...y' know, like:

" Kojima not directing MGS4?????? WTF????? .....barman, i' ll have what heeeezzz drinking..."
Nitro

RE: Bizarre MGS4 rumor! *note, concerns 360!* - Nov 27, 2006 22:44

ORIGINAL: Bishonen

...errr...

...i think Shikashi was simply repeating what someone else wrote in a amazed manner....

...y' know, like:

" Kojima not directing MGS4?????? WTF????? .....barman, i' ll have what heeeezzz drinking..."

Shikashi

• Total Posts : 196
RE: Bizarre MGS4 rumor! *note, concerns 360!* - Nov 27, 2006 22:52
Bishonen is right Majik, I was not contradicting you.
< Message edited by Shikashi -- 27 Nov 06 14:53:18 >
Change Page: 123 > | Showing page 1 of 3, messages 1 to 20 of 59

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread