Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 360 Famitsu reviews.
Change Page: < 12 | Showing page 2 of 2, messages 21 to 32 of 32
Tiz

• Total Posts : 3158
RE: 360 Famitsu reviews. - Nov 30, 2006 06:06
Yeah, the points had monetary value, y' see, they usually allow you to do that
with consoles, y' know, get a discount etc, but HMV told me that only for the
PS3 they expect you to pay full price for it.. Damn..

I completed Sonic the day I got it talk about poor, poor and poor. The best person
to play with is surprisingly Silver, it also feels like most stages were built to be
flexible around Silver..

- Whatever happened to the days of trusting Sonic Team to keep you in line on
a loop de loop??? Now, I have to cross my fingers and hope he doesn' t career
off the edge..

- What happened to the days of speed? Yes, Sonic has a few speed bits, but they
are barely controllable and feel like a completely different version of the game
as the graphics get a bit better, and it looks a lot smoother, but plays like two
giant sumos in a ring spread with melted Lurpak..

- Sonic is NOT fast in the actual stages, only when the A.I takes control of him
on a loop de loop filled with speed rollers..

- The Homing Attack is 70% reliable..

- The SuperSonic stage is THE WORST one ever, where the graphics take a
significant step back. They get you to play as:

Tails
Omega
Knuckles
Silver
Rouge
Amy
Shadow

All of which have to get the 7 Chaos Emeralds that have been scattered around
a level that is innovatively labelled " End of The World" .

- Sonic dies, and at this point you really wish the little blue critter was six feet
under, he is then brought back to life by the Emeralds and.. oh my god, a kiss
ON THE LIPS by the Princess..

WHAT THE HELL???? AAAARRRRGGGHHH!!

This game isn' t a finished game, I am pretty sure it' s going to be improved for
the PS3 version (it should), as the game feels like it' s in Alpha stage, and
shock horror, the DEMO actually plays better. It does strongly
feel like a Christmas cash-in, but enough ranting from me...

Majik, I' ll probably pick up RB6 hopefully this weekend, as I am done with Sonic
the Sh*thog, just badbadbabdbad...badbadbadbadbadbadbadbadbadbadbadbadbadbadbad...

I need to wash the horrible taste of betrayal, seeing one of my favourite
videogames characters fall slowly from grac... Sonc Team needs new
management, or they should bring back Yuji Naka!
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: 360 Famitsu reviews. - Nov 30, 2006 06:10

Majik, I' ll probably pick up RB6 hopefully this weekend, as I am done with Sonic the Sh*thog, just badbabdbad...badbadbadbadbadbadbadbadbadbadbadbadbadbadbad...

Yeah, i actually pre-ordered Sonic and then cancelled once the reviews started coming in. Like i said last week, AM2 need a shot at making a Sonic game.
Terry Bogard

• Total Posts : 3915
RE: 360 Famitsu reviews. - Nov 30, 2006 06:10

or they should bring back Yuji Naka!

Like he did any better

The original Sonic Adventure was the high point of Sonic' s 3D career, since then the series has been going down hard!! I say let either AM2 or the team formerly known as Amusement Vision handle the next Sonic game.. Amusement Vision' s work on F-Zero GX and Panzer Dragoon Orta gave me a great feeling about the team, despite their butchering of the Space Harrier franchise with Planet Harrier.
< Message edited by Terry Bogard -- 29 Nov 06 22:13:51 >
Abasoufiane

• Total Posts : 2127
RE: 360 Famitsu reviews. - Nov 30, 2006 06:28
sega legend is dead a long long time to me...
Alecrein

• Total Posts : 762
RE: 360 Famitsu reviews. - Nov 30, 2006 07:38

The original Sonic Adventure was the high point of Sonic' s 3D career, since then the series has been going down hard!! I say let either AM2 or the team formerly known as Amusement Vision handle the next Sonic game.. Amusement Vision' s work on F-Zero GX and Panzer Dragoon Orta gave me a great feeling about the team, despite their butchering of the Space Harrier franchise with Planet Harrier.

I don' t know I liked Sonic Adventure 2...I think after that point the series took a nose dive though. The Town parts in SA1 turned me off to it. SA2' s only problems were playing Robotnik, Tails, Rouge, and Knuckles. Seriously...though I think the final fight between Shadow and Sonic has to be the best boss fight in a 3d sonic game ever...speed mixed with danger...great battle. Why they didn' t just leave Shadow dead after SA2 I can' t say (aside from milking him until he is dead...again). The only really awesome part in Sonic the Hedgehog that involved Shadow was his ending...seriously...you never see Sonic

SPOILER

Plow through thousands of enemies obliterating them in his path.

SPOILER

Yeah...
Terry Bogard

RE: 360 Famitsu reviews. - Nov 30, 2006 10:25

I don' t know I liked Sonic Adventure 2...I think after that point the series took a nose dive though. The Town parts in SA1 turned me off to it. SA2' s only problems were playing Robotnik, Tails, Rouge, and Knuckles. Seriously...though I think the final fight between Shadow and Sonic has to be the best boss fight in a 3d sonic game ever...speed mixed with danger...great battle. Why they didn' t just leave Shadow dead after SA2 I can' t say (aside from milking him until he is dead...again). The only really awesome part in Sonic the Hedgehog that involved Shadow was his ending...seriously...you never see Sonic

SPOILER

Plow through thousands of enemies obliterating them in his path.

SPOILER

Yeah...

I enjoyed Sonic Adventure 2 up until the Knuckles and Rogues scavenger hunting levels. They made me despise the rest of the game.. That' s what I loved about the individual character quests in the original Sonic Adventure, you had a choice as to which characters you played as.. Sonic Adventure 2 basically forced you to play as characters you didn' t like in order to reach one of the endings.
Zoy

• Total Posts : 1703
RE: 360 Famitsu reviews. - Nov 30, 2006 11:30

Amusement Vision' s work on F-Zero GX and Panzer Dragoon Orta gave me a great feeling about the team

I thought it was the late great Smilebit that graced us with Panzer Dragoon Orta, not Amusement Vision.
Terry Bogard

RE: 360 Famitsu reviews. - Nov 30, 2006 12:06

I thought it was the late great Smilebit that graced us with Panzer Dragoon Orta, not Amusement Vision.

Smilebit it was! What' s the phrase the youngins use today? Oh yeah, " My bad"
Byakko

• Total Posts : 599
RE: 360 Famitsu reviews. - Nov 30, 2006 14:15
Panzer Dragoon Orta was the greatest showcase of the Xbox' s capabilities...gawd I loved that game when I saw it in an expo years ago! Played it 4 hours straight and completed while hogging the demo Xbox XD! And I was standing up so my feet cramped up lol!

Too bad Smilebit' s gone quiet In early reviews, they even talked about making more Panzer Dragoon games, maybe even a Saga like RPG; but after PDO, nothing...
C*Dub

• Total Posts : 86
RE: 360 Famitsu reviews. - Nov 30, 2006 14:22
terry I couldn' t agree more with you on sonic adventure and Sonic Adventure 2.

I absolutely despised those scavenger hunting levels more than anything!!!
Calintz

• Total Posts : 321
RE: 360 Famitsu reviews. - Nov 30, 2006 17:54

I absolutely despised those scavenger hunting levels more than anything!!!

Yes, me too. What on earth were they thinking?
Iad umboros

• Total Posts : 750
RE: 360 Famitsu reviews. - Nov 30, 2006 18:46

ORIGINAL: Tiz

You deserve to b shot for thinking I bought it... after receiving intel from my HMV
that with the PS3, they WILL NOT ALLOW ME TO USE MY POINTS TO GET
A DISCOUNT!!!

I' ve hated HMV for sa very long time, however recently their CD prices have been more respectable and I stopped going into the indie stores *every* time I wanted to buy one. None the less, why did you have 200 quids worth of loyalty points???

And then they should let you spend them on anything you like instore

Wankers.
Change Page: < 12 | Showing page 2 of 2, messages 21 to 32 of 32

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message