Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 seems like most people are getting ps3 to auction them off at ebay (Jap launch)
Terrak

• Total Posts : 783
seems like most people are getting ps3 to auction them off at ebay (Jap launch) - Nov 13, 2006 08:53
Kotaku is reporting the farce that is the sonys Japanese ps3 launch.

http://www.kotaku.com/gaming/top/foreigners-and-fights-ps3-jpn-launchs-dark-side-214130.php

the first person to buy a ps3 was questioned

Questions like " When did you start lining up?" and " What games will you buy?" were left unanswered as the young man shook his head, refusing (or unable) to respond. The Japanese media would later catch up with him, confirming suspicions that the first PS3 buyer didn' t understand Japanese. An eyewitness claimed the young man didn' t purchase a single game for his brand-new PS3.

interesting. This would explain the poor sales of software Majik so kindly shared with us.

http://forums.kikizo.com/tm.asp?m=81631&p=1&mpage=1&tmode=1&smode=1&key=&language=

Is the demand for ps3 really so high or are people seeing the low supply as a good opporunity to make some easy money on ebay???
< Message edited by Terrak -- 13 Nov 06 1:00:54 >
Terrak

RE: seems like most people are getting ps3 to auction them off at ebay (Jap launch) - Nov 13, 2006 09:19
Just to prove my point here is the number of Japanese ps3 that are being auctioned at the moment -

http://search.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/search/auc?p=playstation+3&auccat=0&alocale=0jp&acc=jp

There is over 50 pages with over 10 ps3 console listings each.

This is Yahoo auctions, i haven' t checked ebay yet or other sites!!!!
mastachefbkw

• Total Posts : 3793
RE: seems like most people are getting ps3 to auction them off at ebay (Jap launch) - Nov 13, 2006 11:05
What happens when everyone buys a ps3 to put on ebay and no one wants one?
Terrak

RE: seems like most people are getting ps3 to auction them off at ebay (Jap launch) - Nov 13, 2006 11:11
lol - just might happen.

BTW i read somewhere that because there was so many ps3 for auction that the price had dropped to around US$750 which migh drop even further should more units make there way to auction sites.
Abasoufiane

• Total Posts : 2127
RE: seems like most people are getting ps3 to auction them off at ebay (Jap launch) - Nov 13, 2006 22:22
check out ebay, there are many ps3s with he average amount of 850 dollar.
mastachefbkw

• Total Posts : 3793
RE: seems like most people are getting ps3 to auction them off at ebay (Jap launch) - Nov 13, 2006 23:05
Thats pretty sad, on account of the 360 was half the price selling for over $1000
Terrak

RE: seems like most people are getting ps3 to auction them off at ebay (Jap launch) - Nov 14, 2006 06:03
BTW just wondering why bundles were not enforced. COnsidering sony will lose so much selling the console and only make it back with game sales it would have been smart for them to sell the console with 2+ games included, sure it would have jacked the price up but i don' t think that would cut demand for it at launch.

Abasoufiane, the price will fluctuate for a while, problem is most people doing this were thinking of getting US$1000 plus selling the 60GB ps3, one fool was selling his pre order docket for 1 million dollars!!! He hasn' t even paid for the whole console!! Looks like too many people were looking at this as an opportunity to make some money and the market is now flooded with ps3 up for sale on ebay, It won' t hurt sony too much(although the game sales for the Jap launch have been poor) but the enterprising individuals are in for a nasty surprise (i.e. low return on auctioning off ps3s).

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll