Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 New Xbox Design Revealed!
Change Page: 12 > | Showing page 1 of 2, messages 1 to 20 of 28
Adam Doree

• Total Posts : 1113
New Xbox Design Revealed! - Mar 19, 2003 00:17

Well not really. (Sorry). But this leads me onto my question, what do you expect the new-look Xbox (reportedly to be unveiled at this year' s E3) is going to look like? What did you think you were going to see when you clicked into this topic (provided, of course, you bought my BS headline)...

Discuss!
Eman1080

• Total Posts : 77
RE: New Xbox Design Revealed! - Mar 19, 2003 01:35
I think it will look the same, except it will be smaller.

Just imagine the same Xbox, but smaller, maybe a bit more streamlined too
HELLBENT

• Total Posts : 58
RE: New Xbox Design Revealed! - Mar 19, 2003 16:55
Of course it will be a more streamlined design, and as a result, it will kinda resemble the old PSX.[with the air channel groves on the sides] It will remain a front loaded machine and will probably be available in different colors to accompany the up coming colored controllers.

It would also be nice if they went ahead and implemented DVD playback without needing the remote kit. We shall see!!!
< Message edited by HELLBENT -- 3/19/2003 4:56:28 PM >
Toast

• Total Posts : 134
RE: New Xbox Design Revealed! - Mar 19, 2003 17:38
A lot smaller and lighter. Microsoft may go as far as a flip top lid to really cust the price of the system.
drew93084

• Total Posts : 114
RE: New Xbox Design Revealed! - Mar 20, 2003 16:03
I hate you Doree

damn false thread advertising
skurf

• Total Posts : 85
RE: New Xbox Design Revealed! - Mar 21, 2003 22:10
False Advertisement....I' m reporting you to the Better Business Buerreau, oh wait, you' re not American. I' m reporting you to the U.N. Securirty Council, oh wait, they' re powerless.....well...well, I' m reporting you to President Bush! Tremble in fear.
otaku

• Total Posts : 195
RE: New Xbox Design Revealed! - Mar 23, 2003 14:26
That topic was pure evil Adam.

The size doesnt really bother me, but I really want them to make it lighter as its just to heavy to carry round to my mates!!

Alkyne

• Total Posts : 39
RE: New Xbox Design Revealed! - Mar 24, 2003 03:11
LMAO at Skurf!
madhtr

• Total Posts : 4
RE: New Xbox Design Revealed! - Mar 30, 2003 16:55
Yeah, it' s definitely going to be lighter, considering that there won' t be a HDD installed in it. It probably will look the same as has been mentioned but just smaller. My guess is that there will only be two controller ports as well.
Beef Shala

• Total Posts : 89
RE: New Xbox Design Revealed! - Apr 01, 2003 15:57
What!!! No HDD. That is part of what makes the X-Box the X-Box. Where did you hear that there won' t be any HDD? Post that link plz.

What I would like to see going forward in all consoles is wireless controllers. Wireless is the next thing and I am tired of untangling controller wires!
Rampage99

• Total Posts : 3161
RE: New Xbox Design Revealed! - Apr 02, 2003 01:13
There will be a HDD in every xbox console. Actually Microsoft has been denying any new smaller version of the Xbox is in production. I guess we' ll see at E3. The new OxM has some pretty cool ideas for what a new version could look like though.
PeyloW

• Total Posts : 64
RE: New Xbox Design Revealed! - Apr 06, 2003 16:25
Uhm, why even bother with a new design? Sure other consoles has got their intestines modified to make them cheaper to manufacture, but would not a redesign of the appearance this soon be sort of an admission that the design was faulty to start with?
Toast

• Total Posts : 134
RE: New Xbox Design Revealed! - Apr 07, 2003 10:57
Well I' m sure they' ve greatly refined the inside but if they really are going to drop the price they need a flip top lid.
TheHumanSpider

• Total Posts : 1
RE: New Xbox Design Revealed! - Apr 09, 2003 00:03
I should hope that the design shall be more lap-top esque. With a mobile " 2.5 HD, alot thinnner, but still keeping all the same hardware functions of the original design. Of course, it would be really cool if it looked like the first unveiled prototype in the big " X" design! Thats highly, highly unlikely though! oh and a variety of colours!
Grey Fox

• Total Posts : 2
RE: New Xbox Design Revealed! - Apr 09, 2003 07:27
ADam, what happened to Sega web, ??? I used to hang out there until last summer then poof, you guys went under. Do you still talk to Luna??? Tell her i said hi!
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: New Xbox Design Revealed! - Jun 21, 2006 08:33
Y' know, Microsoft SHOULD have revised the original Xbox hardware like Sony did with both PlayStation and Playstation 2. I know Microsoft hardly need the money that they would save on every machine sold but it would have been nice for the end users.

They really do need to do it with 360, and before Sony manage to majically shrink PS3 too for it to have maximum effect.
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
RE: New Xbox Design Revealed! - Jun 21, 2006 08:38

Yeah, it' s definitely going to be lighter, considering that there won' t be a HDD installed in it. It probably will look the same as has been mentioned but just smaller. My guess is that there will only be two controller ports as well.

If you' re gonna post something that out there, then lets get some links...

and out of curiosity, what makes you think there' ll be only two controller ports. What game console do you know of that downsized the number of controller ports in their slimline or updated model?
Wouldn' t that take the whole point out of updating? That is to say, making things better?

I doubt Microsoft would change anything too fundemental, like color or basic design.
It' d be nice to see someone steal from Sony for a change though, and make it look just like the previous one, only flip top.
< Message edited by Eddie_the_Hated -- 21 Jun 06 0:40:33 >
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: New Xbox Design Revealed! - Jun 21, 2006 08:43
Eddie, ...i bumped a thread from 2003. I don' t think that guy is with us anymore and i' m presuming (because the date of the thread precedes the Xbox 360 announcement) that the original topic was about the original Xbox.

Fortunately for us all though, we no longer havd to worry about controller ports at all, with everything gone wireless...
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
RE: New Xbox Design Revealed! - Jun 21, 2006 09:15
Man, how did i miss that one? The only other people I know on this thread are you and Rampage. See this is what summer does to me. No school to worry about, and my brain starts to shut down.

Fortunately for us all though, we no longer havd to worry about controller ports at all, with everything gone wireless...

While wireless is my favorite way to go in most situations, there' s always that fear of your battery dying out in the middle of a firefight. It' s why I don' t play Metal Gear Online with my Madcatz controller anymore. Hopefully Sony, or another third party, makes the equivilent of the 360' s play & charge kit for the ps3.

Even though it' d be a little impractical, and definately late in its lifespan, a slimline Xbox would be pretty sweet. But I' d rather have the 2 pound and 1 inch thick 360 first.
kaoru

• Total Posts : 96
RE: New Xbox Design Revealed! - Jun 21, 2006 17:51
Well if MS consider a new redesign on original xbox, they sure well take an example of Sony' s way of both the PSone and PS2 design, little, lightweight, and some key componet out of the box, yes I' m guessing it' s the HDD, if for some reason they decided to make 2 sku units, one with the HDD and one without.
In the other hand, they might not even make a redesign, because of the new wave for next-gen gaming, MS rather persue whats ahead of them then going back to the past. As far as I know there are plenty of original xbox out there that are still being left in bestbuy/target/EB and other electronic shop, with the lack of sale why on earth would MS would want to release a redesign of the original xbox, since they aren' t selling enough units to regain the profit to produce new design(I know that MS owns billions). It' s best to let MS continue the goal of next-gen platform, and produceing more 360 unit' s by the holiday, some developer are already switching to develope next-gen and cancel current-gen.
Alright everything here is base on my opinion, and I do not have any hard-facts about artical are anything written upon MS.
Change Page: 12 > | Showing page 1 of 2, messages 1 to 20 of 28

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message