Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 The Wii Thread
Vx Chemical

• Total Posts : 5534
The Wii Thread - Aug 08, 2006 01:16
So the release of Wii is hopefully near! Which games are you particularly keeping an eye on, and why! Since i earlier had no hope of having money to buy one, i havent been paying attention!
dasher232

• Total Posts : 1729
RE: The Wii Thread - Aug 08, 2006 01:18
Only one really twilight princess. You vx?
Vx Chemical

• Total Posts : 5534
RE: The Wii Thread - Aug 08, 2006 01:24
Well that goes without saying really! Mario too!
Marink

• Total Posts : 884
RE: The Wii Thread - Aug 08, 2006 01:25
I made a thread about this before, but...

I' m mostly looking forward to Twilight Princess, Super Smash Bros Brawl, Mario Galaxy, Disaster: Day of Crisis, Dragon Quest Swords: The Masked Queen and the Tower of Mirrors, Metroid Prime 3: Corruption and Wario Ware: Smooth Moves.

Other than that, the Virtual Console idea has also grabbed my attention.
uumai

• Total Posts : 1363
RE: The Wii Thread - Aug 08, 2006 01:26
Sadness - unless Gangsta is right about it and it turns out to be crap.

Otherwise, im not really sold on the system. Seems cool and all but, i think i need to try it first
Game Junkie

• Total Posts : 708
RE: The Wii Thread - Aug 08, 2006 02:03
For some reason I thought about the weed thread when I saw this. Maybe Nintendo is trying to subliminaly connect Weed with Wii and win over some of the older market. Just a thought.
ginjirou

• Total Posts : 4836
RE: The Wii Thread - Aug 08, 2006 02:21
What' s up with this thread!?!?!?!
I' m seeing very little hope in the Wii here so I' m bringing out my inner Nintendo fanboy...
ergh... argh.... blrarrarhrrgharg!

What the f*** is wrong with you people?!?!
How can som of you only have less than 5 games you want fo the Wii? Are you retarded? Nintendo alone will release more great titles than that!!! The Wiimote will revolutionize gaming forever, just read any hands-on report about the Wii and you' ll understand!!! Retards! ANy game for the Wii will be worth buying and many of them will undoubtedly become the best games ever. Add the great price and Virtual Console and small size and cool design and you' ve got yourself a PS360 Killer!!!!!!

Ok, going back to my normal self now....
kazaaaaaaam!

I' m looking forward to:
Zelda: Twilight Princess, Red Steel, Metroid Prime 3: Corruption, Mario Galaxy, Sonic Wild Fire, Excite Truck, Sadness, Super Smash Bros Brawl, Trauma Center: Second Opinion, Project Hammer, Wii sports, Super Monkey Ball Banana Blitz, Wario Ware Smooth Moves, Disaster Day of Crisis, Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles, Elebits, Fire Emblem, Monster 4x4.
Check this page if you want a list of Wii games:
http://wii.ign.com/index/games.aspx

Oh, almost forgot

Nintendo

Playing = Believing

< Message edited by ginjirou -- 7 Aug 06 18:22:34 >
Good Man

• Total Posts : 54
RE: The Wii Thread - Aug 08, 2006 02:27
Im interested in Twilight Princess (I always wanted to be a princess but I seem to be cursed as becoming nothing more then a prince) and Super Smach Brothers Brawl. Mario Galaxy is also on the list I would have to say.
dasher232

• Total Posts : 1729
RE: The Wii Thread - Aug 08, 2006 02:30

ORIGINAL: Good Man

Im interested in Twilight Princess (I always wanted to be a princess but I seem to be cursed as becoming nothing more then a prince) and Super Smach Brothers Brawl. Mario Galaxy is also on the list I would have to say.

Ok I think your true side is coming out through this ' ' evil man' ' alter ego.
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
RE: The Wii Thread - Aug 08, 2006 02:32

so I' m bringing out my inner Nintendo fanboy...

Your inner fanboy? Jeez, you could get a hernia trying to bring that thing out. ;) I agree though, I think there' ll be alot of redeeming value in almost every launch title, no matter how lukewarm.

I am a little worried that some of the innovation will become a little mainstream though when it comes to motion sensitivity. AKA, all the shooters using the same control formula, that sort of thingh. I' m still getting Corruption, Red Steel, Galaxy, and COD:3 (So close, yet, so very far )
< Message edited by Eddie_the_Hated -- 7 Aug 06 18:32:34 >
uumai

• Total Posts : 1363
RE: The Wii Thread - Aug 08, 2006 02:38
ooooook... lol

Just never been much of a nintendo fan, yeah they make some good games, but few interest me. Don' t get me wrong I' m sure the wii will do well and my opinion may change just I' m not that excited for it right now.
< Message edited by uumai -- 7 Aug 06 18:39:36 >
Game Junkie

• Total Posts : 708
RE: The Wii Thread - Aug 08, 2006 02:49
It' s not that I think Wii will suck, it will probably do better then the Cube. Its just that I love my 360 so much that I don' t need another console. I don' t have the time or money to waste on a second console when I won' t even have time to enjoy all the kickass games coming out for 360. Especially since I' m going to branch into PC gaming (ordered my first pc and I' m expecting it to arrive this week). I used to get all the consoles in a generation and end up with only one or two games per console (but I rented every week). So instead I decided to focus on only one console and PC from now on. Besides I think my little bro is getting a Wii so I' m just going to mooch off him.
ginjirou

• Total Posts : 4836
RE: The Wii Thread - Aug 08, 2006 02:53
I' m going PC+Wii.
And maybe an additional console if there' s time and money for it in the future.
MikeK

• Total Posts : 147
RE: The Wii Thread - Aug 08, 2006 04:58
I' ll Be getting the wii and Metroid Prime 3, Red Steel, SSBB, Super Mario Galaxy, Sadness (next year, around this time), Zelda TP, and maybe Excite truck, farcry (if it' s good) oh yeh and Dragon Quest Swords, and FFCC2 and whatever other cool games come out.
]GaNgStA[

• Total Posts : 2949
RE: The Wii Thread - Aug 08, 2006 05:25
Since VX asked for help here cause he didn' t follow some news , I think we should stick with the launch titles (that means no Mario ans Smash Bros).

Zelda - like you all said , doesn' t need considering.

Metroid Prime 3 Corruption - this game could be a huge step forward for the series and games in overall (I love the interaction your hands have with doors and puzzles) , but if reviews say it' s just another FPA metroid game - I' d say buy it if you haven' t played the first one , but leave it alone if you played those before it.

Wario Ware - if it' s a launch title I' d say go for it - this is pure fun for anyone you bring home :)

Dragon Quest:The Mask Queen and the Tower of Mirrors - I would look out for this one if it launches in the JAP and US at the same time.

Final Fantasy:Crystal Chronicles - I' d read a review first

Red Steel - read the review first , but read it ASAP - this game has tremendous potential to be THE 3rd party game for the Wii and chances are it will realize this potential

Sonic Wild Fire - Review - the big unknown I' d say , but mane editors say that it' s the best 3 D sonic.

Excite Truck - Review - I' d look out for this one - it' s controversial a bit when you hear about it , but some people were saying it' s amazing.

These are the most interestiong titles I' ve heard about.If there are any GCN games you' d like to play - like the awesome Mario Strikers , get them (it' s compatible after all).

Wii Sports could be a download or could be incloded with the system so it' s hard to recommend it at that time.

I' ve gathered most E3 Wii news in my blog in this post :

http://people.1up.com/do/blogEntry?bId=7017564&publicUserId=5748513
< Message edited by ]gangsta[ -- 7 Aug 06 21:25:46 >

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message