Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Quez has crysis...quez happy but quez happy when eating pizza too...
Change Page: 12 > | Showing page 1 of 2, messages 1 to 20 of 25
QuezcatoL

• Total Posts : 7059
Quez has crysis...quez happy but quez happy when eating pizza too... - Nov 14, 2007 03:27
So far I only played until the caves,impression+ review comes later.

ys

• Total Posts : 532
RE: Quez has crysis...quez happy but quez happy when eating pizza too... - Nov 14, 2007 04:10
I feel like eating a Bolognese or Mexicana now :P

Anyway, impressive lighting and so on in those screenshots but I don' t like the way characters look. Maybe it' s just the screenshots but there' s something with the design that is off for me personally. Some kind of flatness to them too.

Well, I' m curious about your final review/impressions considering the title you' ve chosen.
QuezcatoL

RE: Quez has crysis...quez happy but quez happy when eating pizza too... - Nov 14, 2007 04:14
The aliens are so fucking scary though...

Still have nightmares from them,so fast I cant even cap them with print...

I fear some are still in the cave though...
The koreans sent it trops there to investigate what fucking noises+stuff came out of the caves when some scientis were accidently waking the aliens inside the cave.
immortaldanmx

• Total Posts : 2966
RE: Quez has crysis...quez happy but quez happy when eating pizza too... - Nov 14, 2007 04:23
pizza>crysis
mastachefbkw

• Total Posts : 3793
RE: Quez has crysis...quez happy but quez happy when eating pizza too... - Nov 14, 2007 05:17

pizza>crysis
Pizza>life itself
immortaldanmx

RE: Quez has crysis...quez happy but quez happy when eating pizza too... - Nov 14, 2007 05:18
David Hasslehoff>pizza
QuezcatoL

RE: Quez has crysis...quez happy but quez happy when eating pizza too... - Nov 14, 2007 05:23
He were the hunkj of the 80,but his charm/good look didn help him,cause he gay.

Well he had a daughter just to hide it,but we all know the turth.
mastachefbkw

• Total Posts : 3793
RE: Quez has crysis...quez happy but quez happy when eating pizza too... - Nov 14, 2007 05:24

David Hasslehoff>pizza
Steak>David Hasslehoff
< Message edited by mastachefbkw -- 13 Nov 07 21:24:59 >
immortaldanmx

RE: Quez has crysis...quez happy but quez happy when eating pizza too... - Nov 14, 2007 05:30
Nothing tops steak... except A1

And it was only a joke quez. When do you think youll have a review up?
QuezcatoL

RE: Quez has crysis...quez happy but quez happy when eating pizza too... - Nov 14, 2007 06:04
When I actually reach the aliens?!
This weekend atlest.

So far I havnt been in combat with them yet,and they taken two of our team which consist of 5 people ( me in cluded ).

Then I will probably write what I really thought about it+add some pictures,like of the aliens,and some vehicle shoots perhaps...
< Message edited by quezcatol -- 13 Nov 07 22:04:33 >
Terrak

• Total Posts : 783
RE: Quez has crysis...quez happy but quez happy when eating pizza too... - Nov 14, 2007 06:36
Lets face it crysis is a graphics game, so why isn' t anyone here talking how good the graphics are and the technical merits it achieves? did i miss that thread? I just want to know graphically what sets this apart from the rest. I' m just curious how far graphics technology has come.
Teardrop

• Total Posts : 47
RE: Quez has crysis...quez happy but quez happy when eating pizza too... - Nov 14, 2007 06:49

ORIGINAL: Terrak

Lets face it crysis is a graphics game, so why isn' t anyone here talking how good the graphics are and the technical merits it achieves? did i miss that thread? I just want to know graphically what sets this apart from the rest. I' m just curious how far graphics technology has come.

I think you need to realise that right now maybe only 5% of PC gamers have hardware capable of running the game.

Plus it looks boring.
Terrak

RE: Quez has crysis...quez happy but quez happy when eating pizza too... - Nov 14, 2007 07:18
LOL I' ve never been that interested in the game itself, but if this supposed to be the best graphics going around i' m interested to know what sets this game apart from all others - graphically speaking.
UnluckyOne

• Total Posts : 995
RE: Quez has crysis...quez happy but quez happy when eating pizza too... - Nov 14, 2007 07:38

but if this supposed to be the best graphics going around i' m interested to know what sets this game apart from all others - graphically speaking.

Umm, how bout just looking at any of the Crysis screenshots? Then compare it to anything else.

I think you need to realise that right now maybe only 5% of PC gamers have hardware capable of running the game.

Actually, the game scales very well so if you are a PC Gamer in the first place you should be fine. I can run it on my system that' s 3+ years old. Even though the settings are not the highest, it still looks better than 90% of stuff out there.
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: Quez has crysis...quez happy but quez happy when eating pizza too... - Nov 14, 2007 07:50

LOL I' ve never been that interested in the game itself, but if this supposed to be the best graphics going around i' m interested to know what sets this game apart from all others - graphically speaking.

It can' t be done on Wiii dude. The engine just doesn' t scale that far back

The engine scales back to (i think) the top end of graphics and processing technology circa 2004, but it' d run like shit on anything but the lowest settings. So we' re talking about an engine that scales back maybe one PC generation. Not terible, but not great either.

Since the game employs DX10, there' s new kinds of post processing effects going on, some very cool motion blur and depth of field and some very cool lighting, ...but it doesn' t affect the gameplay in any way which is what sets this game apart from previous PC benchmark games like Half Life 2. Now Far Cry 2 which will use the same engine has some even cooler tech that allows for dynamic bush fires, allowing for some interesting gameplay scenarios, especially if used in conjunction with the wind.

Anyway, with regard to Crysis, ...it' s just an extension on stuff we' ve already seen. Better lighting, better texture quality and bump/parallax mapping, higher poly models etc... nothing out of the ordinary on the face of things.

What sets Crysis apart from other graphically impressive games is the more subtle things like the soft vegetation which the player model interacts with which heightens the immersion factor. The physics are very cool too and you could easily have a shitload of fun just messing about with them, but again, they' ve not really done anything game changing with them and to fully see the benefits you' d need a beast of a machine and probably a PhysX card.

There' s some cool looking particle effects (the dust looks good) and the water looks great, but that' s about it. The engine is solid but i doubt its as robust as UE3.0 or even Source for that matter. It' ll be interesting to see what licensees do with it though. Like i said, Far Cry 2 (which is being developed by Ubisoft Montreal and not Crytek Studios) looks pretty damn good.

The thing about Crysis is that stylistically it' s not too far removed from the original Far Cry and a lot of people expected something more diverse. It has a shitty B movie plot, you fight humans for a while on an island and then some aliens (or in Far Cry' s case - mutants/genetic experiments) turn up. It might technically be a new IP but it could easily have been called Far Cry 2 or hell, even Far Cry: Redux.

< Message edited by NITRO -- 13 Nov 07 23:52:11 >
Terrak

RE: Quez has crysis...quez happy but quez happy when eating pizza too... - Nov 14, 2007 08:14
Unluckyone, i thought that most screenshots don' t do games justice, so i wanted to get perspectives from people that have played it.

It can' t be done on Wiii dude. The engine just doesn' t scale that far back

Hmm average graphics with average gameplay (Wii version of Crysis) not thanks

Anyway i was expecting you to answer this one (or Agent/unlucky one)
Just a few more questions if you don' t mid answering them

-Is this game close to photo realistic or getting close to phot realistic?
-Does it have the best physics you have seen or can other engines match it?
-You say the engine isn' t as robust as UE3.0 or even Source but could these competing engines look better then engine used in Crysis?

Thanks in advanced.
UnluckyOne

• Total Posts : 995
RE: Quez has crysis...quez happy but quez happy when eating pizza too... - Nov 14, 2007 08:58

Hmm average graphics with average gameplay (Wii version of Crysis) not thanks

Anyway i was expecting you to answer this one (or Agent/unlucky one)
Just a few more questions if you don' t mid answering them

-Is this game close to photo realistic or getting close to phot realistic?
-Does it have the best physics you have seen or can other engines match it?
-You say the engine isn' t as robust as UE3.0 or even Source but could these competing engines look better then engine used in Crysis?

Thanks in advanced.

1) With every new engine comes the " close to photorealistic" comparisons. Then a year later we look back and compare it with a newer engine and think " Photorealistic? Was I smoking crack?" . Photorealism is still a ways off and we probably won' t achieve it until we grasp Ray Tracing techniques. But does Crysis look damn good? Hell yes.

2) CryEngine 2 has great physics capabilities. I remember seeing a tech demo that showed potential uses of the engine. I played around with the Sandbox2 editor at a friends house and I can say that it' s the best I' ve seen so far. And no, Crysis has no support for the unnecessary PhysX card (nor does it need it).

3) The engine is probably the most tweakable engine I' ve ever seen. If you delve into the config files you' ll see an absolute plethora of things you can tweak. Nearly everything you can imagine, you can modify through these simple files. I' m no software developer either, so if I imagine that with the right tools and knowledge you could achieve just about anything.
QuezcatoL

RE: Quez has crysis...quez happy but quez happy when eating pizza too... - Nov 14, 2007 21:09
Okay I gotten a bit into the game now,all the into the caves,and seen the 2 million old alien ship stuck in the cave,which them wake up by misstake which seems to have been sending signals back to its alien planet,and the war between korea+USA just started.
Review soon,afterwards I reach the part when everything turns into snow+human vs alien war.
ps! I also been in war vs other koreans with nano suits,was very cool,however they kind of sucked still :P but still cool battles.
And btw the korean+vs USA wars are fuking AWESOM-O unbelivble graphics,trust me.

Some of the bad things with the game should be mentioned too,i were being hunted by a helicopter for two whole ***ing missions,because I ran out of rocket launchers and couldnt find a way to take ity down,drow me ***ing insane,.. seriously.

< Message edited by quezcatol -- 14 Nov 07 13:17:38 >
ys

• Total Posts : 532
RE: Quez has crysis...quez happy but quez happy when eating pizza too... - Nov 15, 2007 00:23

ORIGINAL: Teardrop

Plus it looks boring.

Haha, that little sidenote was funny with the dry delivery.

The vegetation and surroundings look great though in the game. The design of the characters is still something that I don' t like as much judging from screenshots. It looks different compared to the rest. But I guess it' s just probably me :P

QuezcatoL

RE: Quez has crysis...quez happy but quez happy when eating pizza too... - Nov 15, 2007 00:34
The facial style is very special yes,anyway do anyone want me to show spoilers?
I actually could have taken pics on the alien ships in the caves,but missed that,but I suspect the alien invasion is soon to begin,since the war between us+Korea just started and the alien ship ***ed up inside the cave and activated and froze everyon inside but me.

Also,the game obviously looks ten times better in action with motions.

But its hard to take a pic when planes come in with 2000 kmh flying over me+dropping bomb+explosiomns everywhere and treesd falling down etc while taking fire from the koreans,.

The action is so wild and amazing its hard to hit that print if I wanna stay alive.

However,the gameplay is still not so fun,the enviorment are so huge,the gunbattles are pretty lame vs the koreans,its fun to get close up and use the shotgun though,since they fly up in the air like 1 m,looks awesome.

But the actual " killing" isnt satisfying,the visuals are though.

If anyone think my pics looks good,think again,it looks perhaps 30% better when playing in motions,when the plants are moving thanks to the vind,or falls apart thanks to bullets+explosiovns,or thanks to awesome sound from planes + helicopters,and birds all around you,its really immersive.

But as I said,the actuall shooting isnt satisfying at all,and the enviorment is huge,now that the enviorment is huge doesnt sound bad,right?! but the thing is that sometimes you have a huge open world and tons of enemies spread out in that field,and it force you to play like a retard,shooting one etc then falling back etc,there isnt any nonstop combat action to have in the game,since you need to sneak in that huge open enviorment where the enemy can spoot you with ease.
And its frustrating to having to have to run like 5 miles only to have some koreans suddenly see you and kill you from behind a small tree or something likewise.

No this wasntg my review,I need to get to the frozen parts+facing aliens before Im close to that.

If people want I can put up a lot of spoiler pics later + alien pics from their alien ships inside+how they look,when I get that far.
< Message edited by quezcatol -- 14 Nov 07 16:38:24 >
Change Page: 12 > | Showing page 1 of 2, messages 1 to 20 of 25

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread