Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 What Studio will Pixar Choose??
Hollywood Himself

• Total Posts : 7
What Studio will Pixar Choose?? - Feb 07, 2004 00:29
Now that Disney and Pixar have parted ways, Pixar is shopping around for a new studio to do business with. I hear Warner Bros. has already had meetings with the gents from Pixar. If Dreamworks could acquire them they would have the ultimate CGI movie facility, but why couldn' t Pixar just make it on their own? Why couldn' t they become their own distributor?
lotusson

• Total Posts : 1212
RE: What Studio will Pixar Choose?? - Feb 07, 2004 03:10
Maybe Disney took so much of their profit that they couldn' t afford to distribute there own work?
Hollywood Himself

• Total Posts : 7
RE: What Studio will Pixar Choose?? - Feb 07, 2004 19:56
That' s probably not far from the truth. Michael Eisner needs to be disposed of. Even Roy Disney will tell you that (www.savedisney.com). These days Disney produces " product" and has no soul, wtf is with Lion King 1&1/2???? Spare me! Pixar works from the heart, I' m glad they split.
immortaldanmx

• Total Posts : 2966
RE: What Studio will Pixar Choose?? - Mar 10, 2004 18:52
Yeah, Pixar. Finding Nemo was cool in a way. But if they joined dreamworks(Shrek 2 will rule).
DJ Sack

• Total Posts : 10
RE: What Studio will Pixar Choose?? - Mar 10, 2004 19:31
They could probably do distribution, but the amount of money, effort and time put into it will cause a strain on the studio, when your trying to create a movie you dont really need the hassel of arranging distribution of the product as well as thats a LOT of hard work and takes a long time to do. So getting someone else to do it is the way to go, Pixar will probably create their own films, once its created just sell the finished product to the highest bigger, seeing as there films are guarenteed hits. Although they still have one more film to come out through disney, then its going to be a few years before the next film is complete.
jars

• Total Posts : 148
RE: What Studio will Pixar Choose?? - Mar 11, 2004 05:46
i think if dreamworks and pixar team up, there might be too many people for their own good? perhaps the Law of Diminishing Returns might take it' s toll since the animators of Dreamworks and the animators of Pixar are really excellent.

Unless of course, Dreamworks makes a deal with pixar for a movie while they have their own CG Studios doing another movie.

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll