Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 PS 3 VS. Xbox 2
Change Page: 12 > | Showing page 1 of 2, messages 1 to 20 of 31
LoBo

• Total Posts : 13
PS 3 VS. Xbox 2 - Mar 03, 2005 11:42
I dont know about you guys but I for one cant wait to see what Bill Gate and his staff have in store for all of us gamers. I own both PS2 and the Xbox, and I have quickly come to the realization that Xbox kills Playstion graphically. Although PS2 have far many more games, Xbox seems to have a better quality to it over all. What do you guys or gals think? Which will you stand in line for ?
Joe Redifer

• Total Posts : 4481
RE: PS 3 VS. Xbox 2 - Mar 03, 2005 11:59
I won' t get ANY of the systems when they launch. Especially the Sony. Sony has a horrible reputation at making faulty hardware, especially with their first-generation products. I' d have to be damned stupid to buy a PS3 right away. I' ll wait until they get the bugs worked out. The Revolution will probably be underpowered and come with a built-in catheter. That' s how I envision it. I don' t know what Nintendo is planning. I wonder which employee they will MURDER over the failure that will be the Revolution? Xbox 2 (or whatever it' s called) is supposedly much less powerful than the PS3. But every game is supposed to support HDTV, which is good. But with launch games like Halo 2.5, who cares? I' d rather play " Wipe my ass as cleanly as I can" than another freakin' Halo game.

Hopefully the launch lineups will get better and Sony only has a small failure rate.
< Message edited by Joe Redifer -- 3 Mar 05 20:01:31 >
DaRoosh65

• Total Posts : 1968
RE: PS 3 VS. Xbox 2 - Mar 03, 2005 12:31
I agree with Joe with concern to getting a launch unit...none of the big three can guarantee a solid, problem-free, console. I will wait until at least the first price drop, before I consider getting my XBOX360 (sorry...not so much a Sony fan).

I do not know much about the Nintendo Revolution, but Sony looks to correct the many PS2 issues by releasing the PS3. But is there system really going to be THAT revolutionary? I think they are all hype, with no real delivery of the ' goods' . Just like they did with the PS2...

And M$ will be making a big mistake if they plan to release a console that both lacks the backwards compatibility and the power of a [true] next-gen console.

Don' t count M$ out just yet, though...they have a way of surprising everyone!

Whichever system you prefer, I hope that you have a ton-o-fun playing the awesome games that will be created for it.
mxpx182

• Total Posts : 1394
RE: PS 3 VS. Xbox 2 - Mar 03, 2005 13:10

I' d rather play " Wipe my ass as cleanly as I can"

I' ve played that recently. I find that if I play too long though I get Nintendo ass.

I' ve sunk to a new low.
Xtreme

• Total Posts : 272
RE: PS 3 VS. Xbox 2 - Mar 03, 2005 14:03
As a devoted convert...I will most certainly wait in long lines with several caffeinated drinks for xbox 2...and what a sweet day it will be.
mgs_maniak

• Total Posts : 6
RE: PS 3 VS. Xbox 2 - Mar 03, 2005 15:12
I DONTB KNOW THE DETAILS about the famous ps2 but i think itll be a great console
on the other side i know that the xbox is really a great system now and if gates is planning to release a new xbox it will be (for me )difficult to decide what to buy in the future.
and joe ..... the psp WAS a faulty system and if im wrong dont hesitae to tell me the truth

(you know, in chile the things you release arrive here very late)
Terry Bogard

• Total Posts : 3915
RE: PS 3 VS. Xbox 2 - Mar 03, 2005 23:29
As far as the potential for amazing graphics go I have more faith in the Xbox 2 and Revolution because they' re both going to utilize ATI' s technology which according to PC magazine has been smoking Nvidia' s stuff across the board, and the PS3 will be utilizing Nvidia technology. So that' s just a big wait and see right there...

The Xbox 2 has the disadvantage cause it' s aiming to be out first. The question is, will there be enough time for Nintendo and Sony to improve and possibly outclass some of the Xbox 2' s specs given that the earlier release will likely mean its specs get released sooner.

Joe Redifer

RE: PS 3 VS. Xbox 2 - Mar 04, 2005 02:53
I wonder why Microsoft wants to be first so badly? Last year Nintendo insisted they would be first or simultaneous at worst. Sony has never been first. Sega has always been first and look what happened to them (though it worked to their advantage with the Genesis).
mxpx182

RE: PS 3 VS. Xbox 2 - Mar 04, 2005 06:28
Sony has never been first?? They beat everyone out the door by a year with the PS2 Joe? For years that was the excuse Microsoft and Nintendo gave for why their systems never succeeded as much. I think they still use that excuse!
Rampage99

• Total Posts : 3161
RE: PS 3 VS. Xbox 2 - Mar 04, 2005 08:52
Sony and Nintendo won' t be able to Jack up their system specs when the Xbox launches unless they delay the system by years. The xbox specs are supposed to be insane. They already laughed at the PS3 specs, which are already the mopst amazing specs ever seen for either a computer or home console. See, the thing is all the companies have spent too much time and money working on their core harware. They can' t look at the xbox and then realize they have to start from scratch(IF the Xbox is indeed as powerful as it is being hyped), because that would cost them several more years and would have made their first attempt a waste of money. Kinda sucky huh?

I have a feeling that MS will have the most powerful system. Why? From what I' ve heard they had one hell of a tactic. Since IBM is making the processors for all the systems, MS basically said- Here' s a lot of money, just make our system better than the other two guys since you know exactly what they are capable of. It' s a bit devilish yes, but an easy way to make the most powerful console.

This teamed up with XNA technology, aka the easy way to make incredible games with the new technology, Xbox will not only be the most powerful system but it will the the easiest to develope for.

This is all specualtion however, and not definate. Hell, for all we know the Revolution could be the best system. Only time will tell. When all is said and done though, it' s really about the games.
Terry Bogard

RE: PS 3 VS. Xbox 2 - Mar 04, 2005 09:33

Sony has never been first?? They beat everyone out the door by a year with the PS2 Joe?

*cough*Dreamcastration*cough*ahem*
< Message edited by Terry Bogard -- 4 Mar 05 17:34:36 >
Terry Bogard

RE: PS 3 VS. Xbox 2 - Mar 04, 2005 09:54

Sony and Nintendo won' t be able to Jack up their system specs when the Xbox launches unless they delay the system by years.

They could always pull a SATURN by upgrading the specs of their respective next-gen consoles at the very last minute after finding out the specs of Xbox 2, resulting in a significant bump in the price of their consoles due to the last minute implementation of additional technology.

The Saturn is my favorite console of all time but I still find it kinda funny that it originally wouldn' t have been the 2D powerhouse that it turned out to be had it not been for the leaked specs of the original Playstation pissing off Sega' s R&D manager and as a result lambasting his crew for allowing a newcomer to outdo them, lol.. Yeah well $h*t happens when you don' t aim High enough in the beginning!!
< Message edited by Terry Bogard -- 4 Mar 05 17:55:48 >
mxpx182

RE: PS 3 VS. Xbox 2 - Mar 04, 2005 12:51

cough*Dreamcastration*cough*ahem*

Sorry Terry, but everybody knows that for all intents and purposes the Saturn was NOT part of the current generation of consoles(prepares to be beat over the head by sega fans). It was more of an in between like the jaguar or 3D0
Joe Redifer

RE: PS 3 VS. Xbox 2 - Mar 04, 2005 15:36
The saturn was part of the 32-bit generation. The Dreamcast was part of the generation we are hooked on now. Just because it isn' t currently supported doesn' t mean that it wasn' t part of this generation. The 3DO and Jaguar are looked upon differently because they didn' t directly compete with the rest of the market. They were dead even before launch. However the Dreamcast and PS2 were competing against each other here and in Japan for over a year. The PS2' s main goal was to beat the Dreamcast. That was also the philosophy behind its design, though it is sometimes difficult to tell a large difference of any kind between the two consoles.

< Message edited by Joe Redifer -- 4 Mar 05 23:38:40 >
LoBo

• Total Posts : 13
RE: PS 3 VS. Xbox 2 - Mar 04, 2005 17:19
I for one agree with Terry, being last out does have its advantages, but sony did bring out their new " thinner" version, ie last, and I think it got worse. Sony could have put their foot down and made a few leaps with the thin version, and nada. When I say it got worse I mean that it continually locks up while playing some of the older generation 1 games. That Sux nasty, well you know whats.

I feel 110% confident that Xbox will continue its excellence in customer support. What just less than a month ago they will and have been replacing power cords from the first year models. Sony didnt even make the effort to replace the eyes on the failing ps2' s. I went through 3 ps2' s and Im still on my first ps2.

Go Gates Go. He is showing that some companies, and when I some I mean 1 or 2, will stand by their products and that makes me feel all warm and toasty inside.

So needless to say even if Xbox is first in line. I will be too, because I feel that they have and always will make a product that last.
Joe Redifer

RE: PS 3 VS. Xbox 2 - Mar 04, 2005 19:52

I went through 3 ps2' s and Im still on my first ps2.

Huh?
standing ovation

• Total Posts : 1
RE: PS 3 VS. Xbox 2 - Mar 05, 2005 10:07

I for one agree with Terry, being last out does have its advantages, but sony did bring out their new " thinner" version, ie last, and I think it got worse. Sony could have put their foot down and made a few leaps with the thin version, and nada. When I say it got worse I mean that it continually locks up while playing some of the older generation 1 games.

You know, you can say the same thing about older units playing the latest games!

I think the reason for this is that PlayStation hardware evolves (as evidenced by the ever-changing model number). I have a funny feeling that this is Sony' s way of staying current -- i.e., competitive -- while keeping black markets at bay.
Silentbomber

• Total Posts : 4673
RE: PS 3 VS. Xbox 2 - Mar 05, 2005 14:54
the ps3 and the xbox 2 [or xenon] will be battleing it out for graphical power and frame rates, while nintendo will insert a coffee machine into its revolution, WarioWare: Caffine! will be once of its launch titles where you must get the right coffee sachet and make it without any mistakes. anyway, i do think the ' revolution' for the [nintendo 21, which has been leaked out] will be somewhat near the ds, nintendo has often refered to the controller binding the player, but i' d say they have disigned a new kind: cordless with tuoch sentive pads, no buttons you just slide your thi=umbs around. Thats my idea on the ' revoultion' in the nintendo, it is also rumored to have twin prosessers, so opting for higher frame rates with lesser graphics than ps3 + xbox2 [ oh, the xbox 2 wont be called " x-box 2" as ' 2' is inferior to ' 3' [ps3] and some people with no knowledge of consoles will buy the ps3 over xbox2 thinking the xbox2 is older.]

How do i know all this?
mgs_maniak

• Total Posts : 6
RE: PS 3 VS. Xbox 2 - Mar 12, 2005 21:34
i dont think that there are such idiot people
Terry Bogard

RE: PS 3 VS. Xbox 2 - Mar 12, 2005 22:50
There are people that will wonder whether PSP games can be played in the DS and vice versa so there' s no reason to not think that there might be a select few who think the PS3 is a generation newer than the Xbox 2. Heck I have yet to encounter a console generation where I didn' t hear a customer asking whether a game from one console is compatible with another competitor' s console. ;)
Change Page: 12 > | Showing page 1 of 2, messages 1 to 20 of 31

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message