Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Halo 2.5 - Xbox 2
Mass X

• Total Posts : 4491
Halo 2.5 - Xbox 2 - Dec 26, 2004 23:34
Team Xbox Article here

hmm long ways to wait then but owell I wasnt disoppointed with Halo 2 neways, I wonder if the ending will be more complete this time. And I also wonder how long after will Halo 3 come out.
DaRoosh65

• Total Posts : 1968
RE: Halo 2.5 - Xbox 2 - Dec 27, 2004 05:26
WTF!?

So, the version of Halo 2 that many purchased isn' t even the complete version?

That bites!

I think that I will just stick to the original Halo for now...I am a little tired of being lead to believe one thing, and delivered another. I wasted $50 (yes, I said wasted!) on an incomplete version of Halo 2...this just makes me sick!

Halo 2, as it stands, isn' t even all that much different from the original...and with the disappointing ending, consider my Halo 2 copy as ' traded-in' .

Thanks for opening my eyes to the truth, Mass X...
Mass X

RE: Halo 2.5 - Xbox 2 - Dec 27, 2004 07:28
Ya it is a bit of a backhanded slap isnt it? I was hoping for some amazing downloadable content that would add more gameplay. I really dont want a another version of the same game just to see improved graphics and a few small extras. 2.5 better be practically a new game or at least allow some good trade it with the orgional halo 2 agme or somin.

However I was a bit more interested in the info further down, the Xbox2 hard-drive to be exact. If all this info is true then at least my fear of no harddrive is gone, hopefully it wont cost me a few limbs to buy it tho.

UPDATE:

Halo 2.5 will come preloaded with the optional HDD.
Does that mean Hard Drive Data? Well if it is optional it must mean that the origioanl Halo 2 will be optional wheres as 2.5 will be the the 2nd expected half of Halo 2. SO basically yer getting a whole new game with the option of Halo " 2" . So that later Halo 3 will be an entirely new setting that could mean a new enemy that are not covenant? Ok Im getting a bit ahead of myself. But you know what Im saying?

ANOTHER SELF UPDATE: It also cues in the fact that it has been said Xbox 2 wont be backward compatible. How to fix that problem for top selling xbox one games? Add them into the next gen sequal so you can continue playing the original on one console instead of 2.

Also to kill 2 birds with one stone, have Halo 2.5 as a launch title with my above stated thoughts...then when PS3 is released have Halo 3 come out. Not only have a Kill App but also dampen the much later PS3 release date in one foul swoop. Dont you think thats quite a marketing strategy?
< Message edited by Mass X -- 12/27/2004 7:59:26 AM >
lotusson

• Total Posts : 1212
RE: Halo 2.5 - Xbox 2 - Dec 27, 2004 08:02
I don' t believe, nor have time for rumors.
Sharon

• Total Posts : 960
RE: Halo 2.5 - Xbox 2 - Dec 27, 2004 12:47
I' m going to wait until an official announcement has been made about Halo 2.5 or 3, whatever it ends up being. Frankly, I' m disappointed in the way Halo 2 was left incomplete and ticked off at Bungie. The first Halo still remains my fav.
Russian Mobster

• Total Posts : 357
RE: Halo 2.5 - Xbox 2 - Dec 27, 2004 17:48
How can u say HALO 2 was incomlete???
The game was as long if not longer then the original.

Just because the ending ended in a clifhanger doesnt meen its incomplete.

Halo 2 is the best, most complete game of this generation.It also is one of the games that doesnt have that many bugs and the bugs it does have they dont effect the gameplay.

And the Idea of making HALO 2.5 or (Directors Cut) as a launch title for XBOX 2 is an amazing idea.
DaRoosh65

• Total Posts : 1968
RE: Halo 2.5 - Xbox 2 - Dec 28, 2004 06:13

How can u say HALO 2 was incomlete???
The game was as long if not longer then the original.

Did you even watch the 8 minute video that showed major battles on Earth? Did you even read the articles and interviews that explained what gamer' s were to expect from Halo 2?

It appears not...

Most of what they hyped wasn' t even in the game!

...and now, they want to add these things in AFTER everyone bought their copy of Halo 2...but in a special edition for the XBOX 2!!!

They could have made Halo 2 a 2-disc game...doesn' t that sound better than paying twice for what should have been in the first release of Halo 2?

Can you say " milking the cow" ? Good...' cause that' s what they' re trying to do to gamers...milking the money right out of our pockets without delivering what they originally hyped.

Some would call that " fraud" ! ...I know I would...

So, when you say Halo 2 was complete, remember this - the finished product in no way resembled what I saw from those promotional videos, interviews, and articles.

And that' s why people are so disappointed...being lied to at full price is a bit souring to one' s pallette...
yoshimitsu15

• Total Posts : 1038
RE: Halo 2.5 - Xbox 2 - Dec 28, 2004 10:40
I hate to be the cynic here but Halo 2 is NOT the most complete, and/or best game of this generation. I love the game, but there are a LOT of problems with the single and multiplayer.

The most complete single player is Chronicles of Riddick. As far as multiplayer goes, Return to Castle Wolfenstein wins it there.
lotusson

RE: Halo 2.5 - Xbox 2 - Dec 28, 2004 11:06

I hate to be the cynic here but Halo 2 is NOT the most complete, and/or best game of this generation. I love the game, but there are a LOT of problems with the single and multiplayer.

The most complete single player is Chronicles of Riddick. As far as multiplayer goes, Return to Castle Wolfenstein wins it there.

I disagree with RtCW having a better MP over Halo 2. I didn' t even think it had a better MP over Halo 1.

I also think H2' s single player offers up more (and at the same time less) than H1' s single player. Less repetitive levels and a bigger variety of weapons for one. However, vehicles could have played a more important role. And since H2 ends on a cliffhanger, it feels incomplete because there is no conclusion. But as far as the game actually being incomplete, I disagree with that. I also think H2 on Legendary >>> H1. H2 on Legendary is a totally different beast. Sadly, I have yet to beat H2 on Legendary.
Sharon

• Total Posts : 960
RE: Halo 2.5 - Xbox 2 - Dec 28, 2004 12:58

It also is one of the games that doesnt have that many bugs and the bugs it does have they dont effect the gameplay.

Well, I found a bunch of bugs in my copy (as did my brother), but the two I' ll mention here were found in the last level of the game:

- the room where you had to kill all the Brutes before the big door would open for you (the room with the glass floor you could hide under), the door wouldn' t open at all for me on different occassions and I was forced to reload the level.

- the Scarab would sometimes look like the color-scheme inverted, you know " like an x-ray" .

On legendary, nurmerous times when I was killed I would respawn back at the very start of the level (not at the last checkpoint either).

Look, I like Halo 2, but I firmly believe that Halo 1 is a more solid game and better replay value. I don' t even have any desire to play Halo 2 anymore, but I still like and want to play Halo 1. I have spoken to numerous people who feel the same.

DaRoosh, I agree completely with what you say.
< Message edited by Sharon -- 12/28/2004 1:00:42 PM >
yoshimitsu15

• Total Posts : 1038
RE: Halo 2.5 - Xbox 2 - Dec 28, 2004 13:13
When you compare both multiplayers at this moment when they were released then Wolfenstein should get the nod. It has been the most sound Live experience when you look at lag and glitches. Halo 2 right now isn' t that fun to play because there are so many ways to cheat now it' s not even funny. There was a matchmaking game last week where the other team took the bomb and placed on top of a building on Headlong. The goal was to just sit up there until everyone leaves and get an easy win. I' m not even going to mention the " dummy" glitch and/or the standby glitch. Those are killing Halo 2' s multiplayer right now. Until Bungie fixes the problems, or starts banning cheaters, Wolfenstein still gets the nod.

That should cover a few of the MP bugs there are. And don' t forget the graphical glitches where the textures change in front of your eyes.
Pierre2k

• Total Posts : 70
RE: Halo 2.5 - Xbox 2 - Dec 28, 2004 16:10
Yo Yoshi.

Well, I ain' t the biggest fan of Halo 2 multiplayer I have to say. I am more into strategy type, round based, no respawn online FPS games these days. Still enjoy the odd bout of UT2004 on PC, but generally I like things like Tactical Ops, Ghost Recon 2, Counter-strike:Source, SOCOM 1 +2 etc. Anyway, I can still see where Halo 2 suceeds for the type of game it is.

RTCW on the other hand is crap IMO. I think the multiplayer is dreadful. Never played XBox version, but on PC at least it just feels very sloppy. I know, that goes against the press it got on its release, but I never enjoyed it.

Certainly, if they can sort the Halo2 bugs will be far better than Wolfenstien I reckon.
lotusson

RE: Halo 2.5 - Xbox 2 - Dec 28, 2004 21:19

When you compare both multiplayers at this moment when they were released then Wolfenstein should get the nod.

Compare them now, or compare them later, RtCW had a far inferior multiplayer IMO. I played it for an hour, never touched it again, never will.

Halo 2 right now isn' t that fun to play because there are so many ways to cheat now it' s not even funny. There was a matchmaking game last week where the other team took the bomb and placed on top of a building on Headlong. The goal was to just sit up there until everyone leaves and get an easy win. I' m not even going to mention the " dummy" glitch and/or the standby glitch. Those are killing Halo 2' s multiplayer right now.

Glitches can be fixed. . . . but there’s always gonna be cheap little bastiches no matter what game you play.

I’d personally whether have a MP I love with a few glitches, than a MP I hate with none. Because glitches can be fixed. Uninteresting gameplay cannot.

Mass X

RE: Halo 2.5 - Xbox 2 - Dec 28, 2004 21:32
whew i mustve been lucky so far I havent noticed ne glitch except when im running a shit load of things on one router but that just drops my connected a tad bit.
lotusson

RE: Halo 2.5 - Xbox 2 - Dec 28, 2004 21:42
I' ve actually only noticed the graphical glitches as well. None of that stuff that has happened to Sharon has happened to me.

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll