Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Resident Evil 5 Demo (Japan) impressions and videos very soon.
Johnny Jiron

• Total Posts : 434
Resident Evil 5 Demo (Japan) impressions and videos very soon. - Dec 06, 2008 00:30
Just downloaded it and got a little play time in. So I guess I'll give my play by play thoughts.

The download is under 500mb and went rather quick. First load is less than a second followed by a couple messages than a quick re5 title opening. Press start and you got that typical odd "Resident Evil 5" voiceover. In the main menu you got Play Game, Records(inaccessable), Leaderboards(inaccessable), Library(Inaccessable), Options(which has controller types [4total default is D]) and Credits. 

Hitting play game gives you 3 options Single Play, Co-op Online and Co-Op Offline. All open for use. No one has this yet so one of you get it so we can test some co-op. Anyways it gives you 2 missions (the two demontrated in all the videos Shanty Town and Public Assembly). Loading missions takes less than 10 seconds and than it begins...it looks supurb. I mean really really good. The controls take a little getting used to but manageble. However, in tight situations you may fumble a bit.

With setup D:
L trigger+R Trigger - Aim and Shoot/Throw
LT+A - Reload
LB+RT - Aim and swing machete
RB -Map
Y - Open inventory (does not pause opens mini menu that is easy to use but will cause problems for some)
B - Partner action (tell them to pick up something or to catch up or various context sensitive things
RT - Locate partner
X - Action button (open door, melee stunned enemy etc)

Now back to the game. The hud shows your life gauge, current gun, ammo, and remaining clips as well as your partners. Tucked off to the buttom right corner. And thats all there is in that front. Easy to read and understand.  As for the mission well i'll post videos up shortly but I'm sure you can find them online as well. I'll try several different methods and things to show how death is handled how much you may or may not need to watch your partner and various other things. I can say after oneplay through that is is very action geared, but very intense. Ammo is limited and the enemies are plentiful. You gotta play smarter than most shooters.

Sorry for the limited words but I'm no good at providing impressions. Hopefully someone else can do that but like I said i will provide some videos soon.

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll