Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 X-Men 3
Game Junkie

• Total Posts : 708
X-Men 3 - Jun 01, 2006 08:20
I saw it last friday night, and I have to say I' m dissapointed. WARNING SPOILERS:

My biggest complaint is that the title implies a lot of action, there isn' t nearly enough of it. The last battle scene is a joke. However I think worse than that is the way they changed facts from the comic and tv series. They basically decided to change the mythology to suit them. They just fucked up so many details, just so its more convenient for the incompetent writers. They changed Pheonix so much she' s not even the Pheonix, nowhere in the movie do you actually see the flame bird (I don' t even think they call it Pheonix), they made up some bull shit about Jean Grey being so powerful it created a dual personality with the second half not being repressed...

Also Juggernaut is a huge let down. Not only is he not the size of a house but he hardly fights in the whole movie and his costume pales in comparison to his true attire. AND HE HAS A FUCKING BRITISH ACCENT!

Speaking of misplced accents, Collosus who otherwise is ok in the movie, is completely lacking his Russian accent.

Where the fuck was gambit in this movie anyways? How about Morph? the timeline is so messed up. I hate it! The movie is based on Pheonix but she' s not even supposed to exist in this time period meanwhile other characters that are supposed to be there are missing.

This movie is supposed to take place in the early years yet by the end of the movie several major characters get killed, and Rogue gives up her powers before she even steals Ms. Marvels powers...

The only redeemable point of the movie for devote X-Men fans is when Kitty Pride stuck Juggernaut into the ground and he looks up with a baffled look on his face and says: " Don' t you know who I am? I' m the Juggernaut BITCH!"

On the plus Magneto, Xavior, Wolverine and Beast are nailed perfectely.
All in all its a good movie but much like the previous 2 movies it just doesn' t do the mythology justice, and leaves a lot to be desired by real X-men fans.

nekkid_monkey

• Total Posts : 818
RE: X-Men 3 - Jun 01, 2006 13:33
I saw it monday.

I too was very dissappointed with this one.

I was understanding with the first two movies. the XMEN universe is quite a bit more complicated than any superhero movie that' s come before it, so they basically just took some popular characters and made a decent couple of movies. That' s forgivable.

However with this movie they took on far too much material and compressed it into a wholly unsatisfying package. The Phoenix Saga alone could have been a tv miniseries. Angel' s story has almost no emotional impact, because you hardly spend any time with the character. How are you supposed to empathize with a character when he' s only in the movie 3 scenes??

they tried to stuff so many things in this one, everything comes off as shallow and meaningless.

And the special effects were just plain cheap. When you' re talking about the friggin' Xmen, flaming cars are NOT impressive or interesting.

And Where the hell was the big flaming bird?? How can u feature the Phoenix, and not show the trademark big flaming bird????

the more I think about this movie, the more i hate it.
< Message edited by nekkid_monkey -- 1 Jun 06 5:58:16 >
Vx Chemical

• Total Posts : 5534
RE: X-Men 3 - Jun 01, 2006 16:36
I thought it was a good movie!

Now im not the big expert on Xmen as i havent read many of the comics! But i think they did the right thing in wanting to reach everyone, so they made the story managable! I think it was okay!
nekkid_monkey

RE: X-Men 3 - Jun 02, 2006 00:09
I guess the movie appeals to action fans, not much of a story is needed to please that type anyway.

But honestly, I can' t recall one impressive thing about the movie. Nothing stuck out and made me think, wow, that was cool.

It was a really average summer action flick IMO, and that' s just an insult to the Xmen.

Ahhh edit. There was one impressive thing. The Ghostrider preview looked f*cking GREAT!!
< Message edited by nekkid_monkey -- 1 Jun 06 16:11:12 >
Alecrein

• Total Posts : 762
RE: X-Men 3 - Jun 02, 2006 02:26
Ghost rider did look awesome as well as Snakes on a Plane. I think the biggest part about X-men 3 that ticked me off was the fact they never even including the most powerful villain in the X-men universe in the damn movies. Seriously though Apocalypse would have completely decimated Phoenix and anyone else...also, where the hell was Gambit? And why did they show Psylocke for like 1 scene then kill her off. I thought it was a good movie, but as much as they did with ruining the mythology of X-men.
Die_Hounderdoggen

• Total Posts : 275
RE: X-Men 3 - Jun 02, 2006 04:03
No Gambit, no Nightcrawler, Xavier dies, Jean dies, Cyclops dies, *sigh* well, guess that about buries this franchise. With any luck they' ll get the next Spiderman movie right.
Mass X

• Total Posts : 4491
RE: X-Men 3 - Jun 02, 2006 04:29
Now instead of boosting the sales for this sequal go out and see MI:3!!! It needs love too!
Chee Saw

• Total Posts : 1466
RE: X-Men 3 - Jun 02, 2006 21:56
X Men 3 was SWEEEET!

Even if I was a fan of the comics (which I' m not) I would' ve enjoyed this movie, because it was GOOD! I don' t give a damn about a timeline and other crap that wasn' t " correct" according to the X men gospel! That' s why I liked the Spiderman movies, too. Yeah, they changed some things. They HAVE to! The comic series has run for HOW LONG? Basically, it' s a soap opera. You don' t have time for that shit in a two hour movie!

It' s like what Cyclops said in the first movie, when Logan made fun of the leather outfits. Cyclops was like, " what' d you expect? Yellow spandex?" Yeah!! Purists suck!

And Jauggernaut was frickin' AWESOME!! (and yes, his helmet made him look like a penis! I' m glad they didn' t let that one slide in the movie!)

edit:
Oh, and please tell me you guys stayed ' til the credits were over!!
< Message edited by chee saw -- 2 Jun 06 13:58:05 >
Game Junkie

RE: X-Men 3 - Jun 03, 2006 04:48
I still believe the movie would have been superb if it stayed true to the original material. Instead it was just good. X-men 3 had the potential to be the movie of the decade. But no, instead the movie was severely lacking in action, I mean they fucking had the Juggernaut and Pheonix in the same movie and wasted both characters! It was so contorted to conform to non-x-men fans that the movie simply makes no sense, the plot is stupid,and the characters are watered down versions of even the television series. IMO the movie tries to do too much, and ends up doing nothing.

Three biggest flaws:
The wrong characters are in the movie. Pheonix deserves all the attention, X-men 3 should have about all the mutants (villains and heroes) banning together to get their ass kicked by Pheonix.

The details are way too fucked up. How would you feel if you saw a batman movie where he wears a pink cape and drive a VW Beetle. That' s how I see X-men 3.

The whole anti-mutant mutant is a shitty plot device, that takes up valuable time that should have been spent having Juggernaut smash in a few skulls or having Pheonix massacering everyone else including Juggernaut.

After all is said and done, it was still a good movie but just not nearly close to its potential.
< Message edited by Game Junkie -- 2 Jun 06 21:15:42 >
nekkid_monkey

RE: X-Men 3 - Jun 03, 2006 09:14

ORIGINAL: Game Junkie

After all is said and done, it was still a good movie but just not nearly close to its potential.

Exactly.

I' m not anywhere near a purist, but there are SO MANY poor changes to the original characters that I had a hard time being entertained by this movie.

For instance, when Juggernaut went after Leech i was thinking, " great, the brotherhood gets the kid. Things will get interesting now."
Alas, it seems in this movie, Juggernaut is a mutant...because Leech' s anti X-gene powers worked on him.
Juggernaut is not a freaking mutant. His power comes from the same thing that gave him his armor. In order to harm the Juggernaut in any way, that helmet has to come off.

Major stuff like that are what pisses X-men fans off. The characters in this movie are just WEAK compared to their comic counterparts.

Beast was well done though. I' ll give it that.
< Message edited by nekkid_monkey -- 3 Jun 06 1:28:17 >
Game Junkie

RE: X-Men 3 - Jun 03, 2006 11:24
Yep, in the grand sheme of things I don' t really care about one movie but anything that bothered anyone about this movie bothered me twice as much. As a child it was batman and later X-men, I don' t care about the rest but if you fuck with these two, you will have pissed me off.
xander_lim

• Total Posts : 36
RE: X-Men 3 - Jun 05, 2006 14:23
Good movie yes, but disappointing for x-men fans nothing like the first two, for starts some of the characters you want to see more like beast or Juggernaut you didnt other characters just had no part in the film like nightcralwer or rogue and cycolps.
xander_lim

• Total Posts : 36
RE: X-Men 3 - Jun 06, 2006 16:23
If you ever followed the comic book, DO NOT SEE THIS MOVIE. You will feel betrayed and robbed. It was as if the producers thought " XMen was a good comic, but not as good as it should have been, " then proceeded to pollute it with what they wanted to see. Seriously, all XMen fans, I implore you to avoid this movie. The disappointment is not worth it.

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll