Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 How could Halo 2 fail?
Mass X

• Total Posts : 4491
How could Halo 2 fail? - Sep 28, 2004 02:44
just a curious question.

How do you think Halo 2 could fail? Maybe not be a big disaster failure but in ne small way where do you think Halo 2 will or could fail?

I can' t think of nething right now, but maybe somthign in the online area could really mess this up...ya if i had an answer i probably wouldve opened this up with it.
yoshimitsu15

• Total Posts : 1038
RE: How could Halo 2 fail? - Sep 28, 2004 03:51
Ummm...I' m going to go with being a bad game. I doubt it will be, but I' ve been burned by games that are overly hyped. I think that is another way...everyone hyping it up and it ends up NOT being the best game ever made. That could definately hurt it.
Russian Mobster

• Total Posts : 357
RE: How could Halo 2 fail? - Sep 28, 2004 04:12
I say it will be the greatest game of this generation and maybe untill Half Life 2(if it ever gets released).

The only way it could is if Sony buys it.Then they will get rid of the Online mode.
DaRoosh65

• Total Posts : 1968
RE: How could Halo 2 fail? - Sep 28, 2004 13:05
The one way I see Halo 2 being considered a failure is if Bungie hypes the game, like we all know they and M$ have done so far, then deliver only a part of the promised product...

Something similar to what happened to Fable...where enough people are disappointed with the final product to [negatively]post in forums, talk to neighbors/friends, and trade it in at the game stores.
Russian Mobster

• Total Posts : 357
RE: How could Halo 2 fail? - Sep 28, 2004 17:02
Whats wrong with FABLE????

It got hyped and it delivered what they promised.
fathoms

• Total Posts : 1060
RE: How could Halo 2 fail? - Sep 28, 2004 17:06

It got hyped and it delivered what they promised.

Um...no. No, it didn' t.

But it' s not the game' s fault. It was hyped to be the " greatest RPG ever made," and in some cases the best GAME ever made. It' s neither.

It' s one of those games that could never live up to the hype, and unfortunately, unless Halo 2 nets perfect 10' s everywhere, it will suffer the same fate. It' s the way of the media these days. They' re the ones to blame.
DaRoosh65

• Total Posts : 1968
RE: How could Halo 2 fail? - Sep 28, 2004 17:06

...where enough people are disappointed with the final product to [negatively] post in forums, talk to neighbors/friends, and trade it in at the game stores.

I' m not saying that Fable isn' t good, I am sayin' that others aren' t as happy as they were expecting to be...as it says above...

For $50, considering all the hype, this game sounds like it delivered too little for too short a period of time for the money.

' Nuff said...
fathoms

RE: How could Halo 2 fail? - Sep 28, 2004 17:07

I' m not saying that Fable isn' t good, I am sayin' that others aren' t as happy as they were expecting to be...as it says above...

For $50, considering all the hype, this game sounds like it delivered too little for too short a period of time for the money.

' Nuff said...

Exactly. $50 for a 15-hour RPG doesn' t cut it, IMO.
Rampage99

• Total Posts : 3161
RE: How could Halo 2 fail? - Oct 02, 2004 04:00
I beat the game in 34 hours thank you very much. I' m still playing it too. Since you can continue after you beat it I' ve been trying to unlock a bunch of stuff. I haven' t even started playing my second time through to be evil yet.
Rampage99

RE: How could Halo 2 fail? - Oct 02, 2004 04:02
Oh, and about Halo fainling. the only way I see it failing is if it isn' t better than the first. I still play the original all the tim because I love it so much. If it can top that even without getting straight tens I will still not be dissapointed.
fathoms

RE: How could Halo 2 fail? - Oct 02, 2004 04:09
34 hours? What...what the hell? Every review I can find puts it between 12 and 15 hours, and everyone I know personally that' s beaten it took no longer than 20.

Are we even talking about the same game?
Rampage99

RE: How could Halo 2 fail? - Oct 02, 2004 04:14
Yes we are talking about the same game. It' s called taking your time and sucking in everthing about the game. I have clocked in over 50 hours with the game now.
Mikey G

• Total Posts : 70
RE: How could Halo 2 fail? - Oct 03, 2004 03:30
I love Fable. I am annoyed by the people that only listen to hype and media when they first buy the game. If one thing is left out, it is a huge dissapointment to them that it drives them to dislike the game. When I first bought Fable and pop' d it into my Xbox I just imagined that I had never heard of the game before, that way if they left something out that they said would be in it, I could care less and have no clue of it. That is why it got such low scores half the time. Because i just ignored what all was being said about the game, it is now one of my favorite Xbox games.
fathoms

RE: How could Halo 2 fail? - Oct 03, 2004 04:54
It hasn' t gotten " low" scores anywhere.

But the vast majority of the critical opinion can be summed up very easily- it is indeed a great game, and a great RPG. However, it absolutely is not the " greatest RPG ever made," and thanks to the insane hype, it can' t possibly live up to that lofty plateau of perfection. This relates directly to Halo 2 as well. It won' t be perfect, and therefore, it won' t match the hype. And according to some people, that will equal " failure." But again, it' s not the fault of the game, but of the hype.
Mikey G

• Total Posts : 70
RE: How could Halo 2 fail? - Oct 03, 2004 14:42

It hasn' t gotten " low" scores anywhere.

No fathoms, I meant it in the context of low scores compared to what was expected (perfect 10s).

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll