Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Xbox 360 launch date
Auron

• Total Posts : 157
Xbox 360 launch date - Sep 15, 2005 02:12
http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/651/651026p1.aspx

It' s not far away wherever you live. Damn, the 2nd of December can' t come soon enough for me. I wan' t the sexy white beast right NOW!
Vx Chemical

• Total Posts : 5534
RE: Xbox 360 launch date - Sep 15, 2005 06:09
yeah im burning up here as well, super super machine, i want it. i want it now, damn it!!
DaRoosh65

• Total Posts : 1968
RE: Xbox 360 launch date - Sep 15, 2005 06:25
I like the fact that 11/22/05 is our day in the U.S.

Thought M$ might choose the anniversary of the XBOX (11/15/05) as the release date for XBOX 360.

Awesome either way...!
the.ben

• Total Posts : 324
RE: Xbox 360 launch date - Sep 15, 2005 07:30
" It' s true, I think. I mean, don' t get me wrong here. From a business aspect, I can completely understand the two-system approach from Microsoft' s standpoint. To quote an article on the subject, " it' s not a one-size-fits-all world" . Four hundred dollars is pretty steep for a new console system. I believe the most I' ve payed was three hundred.

When the original Playstation came out, I plunked down $315 (tax included) to take home one of those shiny new systems. I think the same case was true for the N64. Three hundred dollars is no small amount of money, but back then, at my age, it was a vertibale fortune. So it' s amusing to look back and see paying so much for those systems which you can now get for... what is it? Twenty dollars and a smile?

Anyone, if three hundred is steep, four hundred is beyond reach for many people, so like I said, from a business standpoint, I see the reasoning behind releasing a trimmed down " core system" . It will still play video games, and I guess that' s the " core" functionality that comes first.

However, from a gamer' s standpoint, the second choice just doesn' t exist. The core system does not have wireless controllers, or include the system hard drive (which allows you to save games, is required for playing first generation Xbox games, etc). The hard drive is practically necesity, and the wireless controllers are just so damned cool. I' ve been wired to my consoles for 24 years now. It' s about time we broke free.

Buying the core system is like buying a toaster without that little spring in it that makes the bread pop up. Sure, it will still make toast, but you' re going to burn the shit out of your fingers trying to get the bread out of the contraption."

- Absath
Sharon

• Total Posts : 960
RE: Xbox 360 launch date - Sep 15, 2005 15:30
As long as it' s out for Christmas, I' m happy
DaRoosh65

• Total Posts : 1968
RE: Xbox 360 launch date - Sep 16, 2005 10:38
Amen to both the.ben and Sharon!

By Christmas is just fine with me...I now will have the $$ to get the full-blown, hard-drive-included, version.

And I have also set my eyes on the Nintendo Revolution as well...

Sony consoles just don' t do it for me...sorry(NOT!)

< Message edited by DaRoosh65 -- 16 Sep 05 18:39:08 >
Rampage99

• Total Posts : 3161
RE: Xbox 360 launch date - Sep 16, 2005 11:03
My parents are paying for my 360 since I' ve been helping out at home after my mom' s injury. It will be in my hands launch day. I' m so skippy school.
Mass X

• Total Posts : 4491
RE: Xbox 360 launch date - Sep 16, 2005 12:24
Mine is payed for and will be ready on the 22nd (JOOOOY) along with Elder Scrolls. Then when christmas comes 2 more games will be in my hands, elder scrolls alone will be enough to satisfy me for a very very very long time.

Had to stop by EB Games today tho in order to give them the details on what exactly I want on launch day.

-Premium Package (which I just found out the universal remote is actually a dumbed down version of the one being shown all over :P)
-Play and Charge kit thing
-Extra wired controller (altho I might axe that til I get ahold of a good non online multiplayer game.)
-Elder Scrolls 4
-Warrenty (Ive been very lucky with all my game systems and never bothered with a warrenty, but now that the price is $400 I decided to go with one this time)

A few interesting things I saw on the sheet I was filling out was that All 3rd party games were indeed $60, 1st party were $50, however, there were a few other 1st party listed as $40 (Project Gothem 3 being one of them). Have they announced at all the pricing of the games yet?
Silentbomber

• Total Posts : 4673
RE: Xbox 360 launch date - Sep 16, 2005 13:14
no they have not, but new games certainly arent going to be 40 quid, expect 60 just like your normal new games, alltough some bastard game shops might jack up the price in the 360 hype. Allways happens.
whatabout_paul

• Total Posts : 1227
RE: Xbox 360 launch date - Sep 16, 2005 15:14
I need to pre-order it. I' ve been waiting till I found out the date and well, now I know.

It' s the first console I think I will ever have bought on launch day. I was late with my Saturn not wanting to accept my Megadrive was dead and I won my Dreamcast but it came a month later than the release date. I swear I' ve not been this excited about a new console since 1999. Even my PS2, Cube and Box I got a while after launch second hand at knockdown price. (I got my Cube for £60 on e-bay in 2003, bargain!)

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll