Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Mario 128 for the Revolution, NOT the GameCube!
Terry Bogard

• Total Posts : 3915
Mario 128 for the Revolution, NOT the GameCube! - Jun 15, 2005 14:38
Just saw this newsbit on the front page of the site and I gotta say VERY SMART move Nintendo! I applaud this decision.

I' ve been saying that they needed to save Mario 128 for the Revolution instead of the GameCube as the GameCube' s time is practically over and there isn' t much at all that Mario 128 can do for it at this point.. Now for the Revolution, Mario 128 would be that much needed killer app the console would need to make an immediate impact on sales. Now if only I could get them to save the upcoming Zelda game as a Revolution launch title ;) hehe OK OK, put all of the pitchforks down folks! You can have your upcome mature Zelda on the GameCube!!
mxpx182

• Total Posts : 1394
RE: Mario 128 for the Revolution, NOT the GameCube! - Jun 15, 2005 16:21
they better make it a launch title. Gamecube screwed up so much not launching with a main mario game. I oculd care less about all the other mario **** out there, but this game better be launch.
Silentbomber

• Total Posts : 4673
RE: Mario 128 for the Revolution, NOT the GameCube! - Jun 15, 2005 16:34
well it was bound to happen, nintendo needed a mario launch title and that title has been in devolpemt for the gamecube for so long it wont even made an impact. Does this mean that mario 128 will have just improved gamecube graphics?
Joe Redifer

• Total Posts : 4481
RE: Mario 128 for the Revolution, NOT the GameCube! - Jun 15, 2005 16:51
Just as long as they don' t call it something stupid like " Mario 128" . The revolution is only a 64-bit machine. The Gamecube is 32-bit. Drop the " 128" please. It is retarded.
Terry Bogard

• Total Posts : 3915
RE: Mario 128 for the Revolution, NOT the GameCube! - Jun 15, 2005 17:05
I definitely agree, it had BETTER be a launch title! OR ELSE! hehe..

With the amount of time left till the Revolution' s launch, I believe Mario will have more than just improved graphics.. I can see Miyamoto and his team utilizing other special features of the Revolution with the next Mario. They have more than enough time left to tailor the game more towards the Revolution' s specs,, too bad it won' t be a Mario game built from the ground up for the Revolution though. But hopefully during the Revolution' s life span we' ll see another Mario adventure released later on down the line.

<--- Still thinking how sweet it would be if Nintendo also saved the upcoming Zelda game for the Revolution, hehe.. Cause there' s bound to be gaming droughts early on in the Revolution' s life and saving these AAA heavy hitters for those slow periods would help ease players through them.
< Message edited by Terry Bogard -- 16 Jun 05 1:11:03 >
Gossi_the_dog

• Total Posts : 273
RE: Mario 128 for the Revolution, NOT the GameCube! - Jun 16, 2005 14:05
I would have loved to play it on the GC, but it was always going to be shifted to Nintendo' s next console. It better be good.
Adam Doree

• Total Posts : 1113
RE: Mario 128 for the Revolution, NOT the GameCube! - Jun 17, 2005 16:28
You know, I have got to be honest here and say that this was actually confirmed in an interview with Miyamoto on Spong.com about three weeks ago. This isn' t really news at all despite the article on our front page.
mxpx182

• Total Posts : 1394
RE: Mario 128 for the Revolution, NOT the GameCube! - Jun 20, 2005 12:30
I love the honesty Adam. " Yeah, this isn' t really news, we' re slow, sorry. Next week we' ll be unveiling the x-box 360 though so stay tuned for that!"

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll