Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Crysis...could be cool...right? :P
QuezcatoL

• Total Posts : 7059
Crysis...could be cool...right? :P - Mar 16, 2006 10:27

Basically the creators of " Far cry" left ubi soft and devl a new title,based on being in the djungle once again+having new djungle engine that is breath taking.
The story?

Something crash in a djungle island,and its pretty clear its something very importent to check out :P
USA send out a expedition force,that you the player are in,and the russians and northkorea,what they later find will be so horrible/devstating they will all need to gather up to " survive" yes you and that asian who likes kim jong,fight together or die :P

Its supposed to come late 2006 to the PC,and its being hinted a 360/ps3 conversion will be made.

Ah thats all folks...

bye!
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: Crysis...could be cool...right? :P - Mar 16, 2006 10:56
The not so good news though is that it will run on DirectX 10 which will only be available on Windows Vista.

The ACTUAL good news is that XNA Studio uses DirectX 10 and since DirectX is a Microsoft property and Crysis is said to be the first game to use it, ...it' s unlikely Crysis will be on PS3 and will probably be a 360 exclusive.

It looks great though. I saw some hi-res screens somewhere but can' t find them now...

EDIT: I WILL find the hi-res screens, but for now these actual-ish size scans will have to suffice...

< Message edited by Majikdra6on -- 16 Mar 06 3:07:48 >
choupolo

• Total Posts : 1773
RE: Crysis...could be cool...right? :P - Mar 16, 2006 11:16
Have you guy' s seen the high res video of the new engine thats floating about too. It was widely available before, but this is the only link I can find now...

http://rapidshare.de/files/11678922/crytektechdemo.zip.aspx

Gfx are nice, but ' aliens in a jungle' isnt so inspiring...I' ll just watch Predator with good ol' Arnie!

Poncho: You' re bleeding, man!
Blain: I ain' t got time to bleed!
Poncho: Oh... OK... you got time to duck?
Vx Chemical

• Total Posts : 5534
RE: Crysis...could be cool...right? :P - Mar 16, 2006 15:29

Something crash in a djungle island,and its pretty clear its something very importent to check out :P

I just love it when you spell jungle with a d.

Djungle

Sweet!
QuezcatoL

• Total Posts : 7059
RE: Crysis...could be cool...right? :P - Mar 16, 2006 20:14
Sorry...was like 03.00 at night,and " djungel" is the swedish word.
mxpx182

• Total Posts : 1394
RE: Crysis...could be cool...right? :P - Mar 16, 2006 23:18
I was loving the djungle too!! I even love saying it outloud. Djungle. There, I just said it.
Ikashiru

• Total Posts : 649
RE: Crysis...could be cool...right? :P - Mar 17, 2006 03:36
I wouldnt say it was a bad thing regarding the DX10, we had MS at work today giving presentations on future developments and the whole vista thing is quite exciting interms of development aspects!

little edit - MS are releasing older titles for XNA FREE woot for games academia methinks!
< Message edited by jtypecav -- 20 Mar 06 14:18:14 >

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message