Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Torn Asunder
RavenShadow

• Total Posts : 680
Torn Asunder - Jul 22, 2004 14:19
As usual I have hit my re-occurring " What do I want to do with my life" mood.
I always think I have it figured out but it never sticks.

I might have posted something like this earlier (see re-occurring haha) but who has a career or is working towards one and how and why did you decide upon it?

My options are somewhat endless, I just can' t really think of anything right now for what I would like to do for the rest of my life.
Joe Redifer

• Total Posts : 4481
RE: Torn Asunder - Jul 22, 2004 16:00
Here are my recommendations for you:

Lumberjack
Human Shield
Trash Collector
Sewage Worker
Lap Dancer

If none of those work out, maybe Terry Bogard can put in a good word for you at Burger King where he works.
Terry Bogard

• Total Posts : 3915
RE: Torn Asunder - Jul 22, 2004 17:01
I put in an application for Crash Test Dummy. Still waiting on that call. Finally a job with benefits!
Sharon

• Total Posts : 960
RE: Torn Asunder - Jul 22, 2004 22:51
First thing you have to do is move out of Antigonish. Not many job opportunities there. Matter of fact, not many job opportunities at all in Nova Scotia. Hence the reason I' m bouncing from state to state!
yoshimitsu15

• Total Posts : 1038
RE: Torn Asunder - Jul 22, 2004 23:09
Actually, I' ve never felt more secure in my life as I do right now. I just got back from my first day of college, just a meeting with the Dean of Psychology, and found out that even after I get my undergrad degree my school will play for all education afterwards, and give me 12,000 bucks a year for income.

Don' t get me wrong though, I do know how you feel. I' ve been feeling like that for the last year or so. I think I' ve finally found something though that will fill that void.
Rikka

• Total Posts : 933
RE: Torn Asunder - Jul 23, 2004 01:31
RavenShadow, i know how you feel. I am about to enter 5 years or so of " Security" and i still can' t sleep at night. Just keep playing around until you find something that says " this is it" you may not find it right off the bat, but you' ll gain valuable experience along the way. I tell ya, professional studenthood is where it is at!
RavenShadow

RE: Torn Asunder - Jul 23, 2004 03:45
Well the " professional student" /grad school is my most logical choice but I just don' t know if I will like it. I' m not motivated towards anything.
I am pretty well at grad school now minus the papers and presentations (only a couple througout the year).
Actually I am more in a supervisor position than a student position now. In my lab I pretty well handle all the lab related work and then collaborate with the real supervisor on what kinds of tests we should be doing and such.
Then I have two other students that are newer to the lab that I somewhat direct and help out.
Some days I like it but I had a rough day today. The supervisor was gone and left needles for injections and I had to measure 0.017 mL in a syringe that only had 0.1mL graduations on it. So I pushed some drug out to adjust the volume and the damn thing stuck but then I pushed a bit harder and then *squirt* lost the drug. I was not happy. I would have reloaded the needle but noooo the drugs are locked in a briefcase and I don' t have the key. Oh well I suppose it' s fine as long as he doesn' t go off on me for wasting 0.017mL out of a bottle that has a little over 14mL (I wouldn' t be surprised if he does)

Oh well that' s my rant haha
Rikka

RE: Torn Asunder - Jul 23, 2004 22:43
Shitty! If my supervisor got on my case for all the stuff I accidentally waste (not to mention all the specimens i have had to " sacrifice" due to parasites), well, she would constantly be riding my @ss.

I would suggest giving it a shot, there is no shame in dropping out, if you don' t like it once you are there then leave. Nothing is wasted. As I told you before, you seem to have had a taste of what it is like (all though my grad school experience seems to be a bit more slack than your honours project sounds). Best of luck, and i hope you find something to stir your passion. Career wise that is.
RavenShadow

RE: Torn Asunder - Aug 16, 2004 15:05
Thanks for the advice.
I just really have anything that has grabbed my attention yet.
This year is my final year so I am taking some courses to help me out in various areas. Finishing off my psychology degree by taking Abnormal psych (might spark an interest in clinical work) and cognition (always interested in memory). On top of that I am taking Logic (a philosophy course). As extras I think I will be taking intro to multimedia, as my easy course but still good to have, and possibly intro to design to scratch my little artistic itch. Then I might take aesthetics (philosophy not cosmetics haha) or philosophy of human nature.
Anyways, hopefully something will pop out and give me a sense of direction. I am planning on taking a year off after I graduate so I do have extra time to decide but I would still like to know as soon as possible.
Ah well haha at least I' m feeling all crappy about it anymore ...... just give it time haha
Rikka

RE: Torn Asunder - Aug 17, 2004 04:08
Good luck with it all. Give it time it will come to you. Meanwhile, enjoy what you are doing, if you can make a career out of it, great!

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll