Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Create your own Wii strategy...
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
Create your own Wii strategy... - Oct 12, 2007 09:17
Wii might be selling shitloads but many people aren' t happy with Nintendo' s current strategy going forward. So without descending into rediculous arguments and fanboy rhetoric, if your going to complain lets at least hear what you would change or do if you were running things over at Nintendo HQ.

I could go on forever so i' ll just limit myself to wht i' d want for Wii from Nintendo, Capcom and SEGA.

Nintendo

Develop a Wii version of New Super Mario Bros.

Develop a new Kid Icarus game.

Develop a new F-Zero.

Develop a Mario 64-esque Donkey Kong platformer.

Develop a direct sequel to Wind Waker in the same style.

Sort the online system out.

Capcom

Get them to remake RE2 and RE3 just like they did with the original game on Gamecube. Both the REmake and Zero still look 10x better than anything on Wii and better than most stuff on 360 and PS3 so they could just build upon the same engine, using the additional storage space for more detailed, more animated backgrounds and the additional horsepower for better character models and particle effects.

Secure a RE5 port.

Get them to develop Street Fighter 4 exclusively for Wii and DS. It' d actually kill to birds with one stone in that Nintendo would have an exclusive top tier fighting game, and Capcom woudnt have to spend anywhere near as much money or time developing the game for HD resolutions.

Get Suda to develop a Killer 7 sequel making full use of the Wiimote.

Secure Megaman exclusivity.

Get Okami on Wii.

SEGA

Secure Sonic Adventure 3 as a Wii exclusive.

Convince them to release the Shenmue Trilogy on Wii.

Get a new Ecco the Dolphin.

Get Daytona USA 3.

Get Shinobi IV.

Joe Redifer

• Total Posts : 4481
RE: Create your own Wii strategy... - Oct 12, 2007 09:25
I don' t think Street Fighter 4 would work very well on the Wii. Not enough buttons. I need my full range of attacks! Street Fighter 4 on the DS would rock... you' d either select the move you want to do by touching it' s name on a menu, or you' d write " ha-do-ken" on the screen with the stylus and you' d throw a fireball.
emofag

• Total Posts : 1508
RE: Create your own Wii strategy... - Oct 12, 2007 09:34
There is nothing they can do to appeal to real gamers.

From the get-go their strategy has been to appeal to the clueless/casual and create a new market for themselves because sony & microsoft had the real gamer market locked down.
< Message edited by emofag -- 12 Oct 07 1:35:23 >
Virtua fighter 5

• Total Posts : 1327
RE: Create your own Wii strategy... - Oct 12, 2007 09:58
Emo, Sony and Microsoft be Keepin it real!!
< Message edited by virtua fighter 5 -- 12 Oct 07 2:05:10 >
Virtua fighter 5

RE: Create your own Wii strategy... - Oct 12, 2007 10:19

Develop a Wii version of New Super Mario Bros.

I noticed Galaxy has a NSMB-style Planet

Get a new Ecco the Dolphin.

Get Okami on Wii.

They could work really well on Wii.

Secure a RE5 port

Ive got a feeling this is going to happen.

Abasoufiane

• Total Posts : 2127
RE: Create your own Wii strategy... - Oct 12, 2007 11:07

Ive got a feeling this is going to happen.

in your dreams, this will never ever happen, the game has taken years in development, the whole engine, gameplay ideas will not be suited to the wii, if that happens then resident evil ultimatly won' t be " next gen" , anything that can be scaled back to the wii will not show the power of the other consoles and thus will fail to deliver, specialy with all the competition going on.

what nintendo can do is to released more games that suits the hardcore gamers, they should persuade developers to release their big guns or totaly new IP' s that will show what the wii is capable of. So far, everything i see about the wii is either misused or gimmick, when we first saw the wii, we thought about star wars swords , amazing fps control and revolutionary gameplay, metroid 3 (according to critics) succeeded as far as controls go but all the other games have failed to show " the true potential" if there is any of the wii.

Take zelda for exemple, that game is excellent but i can live without the wiimote control, i sometimes find it annoying but other times it feels great depending on the situation, but all in all the game , be it on gamecube or wii, is still amazing and will get almost the same score depending only on a little marginal preference of the gamer.

if the wii control wants to prove itself, it should allow for a gameplay and a control that other controlers can' t " emulate" , a 1:1 sword a la starwars cannot be produced on regular controlers ... ok forget the 1:1 , just bring great games, kiss capcom' s ass or konami' s ass i don' t care , i bought this machine and i' m very disapointed so far because i thought that by now things will change and because of consoles sales i will see many promising games announced ... what a shame... at this date 10/12/2007 , the wii is set to be one of the worst ' major' consoles ever made.
Agent Ghost

• Total Posts : 5486
RE: Create your own Wii strategy... - Oct 12, 2007 11:07
Seaman 2

< Message edited by Agent Ghost -- 12 Oct 07 3:07:58 >
Terry Bogard

• Total Posts : 3915
RE: Create your own Wii strategy... - Oct 12, 2007 13:27
Hentai Wii games... Nuff said. NO ONE would ever question Nintendo' s lack of adult content EVER again :D.
Joe Redifer

• Total Posts : 4481
RE: Create your own Wii strategy... - Oct 12, 2007 13:46
...especially if they come directly from Nintendo and feature Princess Peach or Daisy or whatever her name is. Just as long as it' s enough to set off Jack Thompson, they' re golden.
Vx Chemical

• Total Posts : 5534
RE: Create your own Wii strategy... - Oct 12, 2007 15:03
Nintendo should kill of the Wii. They should release Wii periphials for either the PS3 or the 360, or both.

They should start making their games with the Wii mote capability on the superior hardware of the other consoles.

As it is, third party games hardly sell at all on Nintendo anyway, i like nintendo for their great games, but it would be much nicer if i didnt have to buy a seperate consol just to play the 2-3 games that are worthlooking at each year.

Now this aint going to happen, but it would be sweet
ginjirou

• Total Posts : 4836
RE: Create your own Wii strategy... - Oct 12, 2007 18:22
As a consumer I' d be really happy if Nintendo stopped making consoles and made all their games on the PS3 and 360 with the Wii as a peripheral.
But seeing how much money they can make on their own consoles I don' t think that would be a good business model.
I think their current strategy is pretty solid when it comes to making money.
So far they' ve sold consoles on hype and a couple of good games. And they' ve reached the casual crowd.
Now they' ll need to keep the casual crowd and they seem to be doing that by releasing more party games and stuff like that.
Mario Galaxy and Smash Bros will probably get hardcore gamers buying Wii' s since they' ll get those games and Zelda TP, Metroid Prime and later No More Heroes and stuff like that.
After that it looks like there' s little coming from Nintendo for a while which gives 3rd party companies to make money on crap games since there won' t be anything else to buy.
And every now and then Nintendo will throw in a really good title.
Very good business model for Nintendo, they' ll make loads of money and will have no reason to change their strategy.
And when the interests in the Wii disappears, which will be far sooner than when the interest in the PS3 or 360 disappears, they can just abandone the Wii and focus on the DS until their next console is announced.
This plan sucks for consumers but it is very profitable for Nintendo.
Zoy

• Total Posts : 1703
RE: Create your own Wii strategy... - Oct 13, 2007 07:03
This industry would plummet, ablaze, into the crapper of destiny if only Sony and Microsoft were left to dictate console design. The best case scenario would have been for Nintendo to leave hardware behind and become a 3rd party dev, and for Sega to continue, since Sega consoles tended to be at or near the cutting edge of technology. As it is, it' s now essential for Nintendo to continue to be a force to be reckoned with in hardware. Hardcore gamers may bitch, as bitches often do, but it' s necessary for the health of the industry.
< Message edited by zoy -- 12 Oct 07 23:03:58 >
Virtua fighter 5

RE: Create your own Wii strategy... - Oct 13, 2007 08:06
Nintendo are just on a next level. This is not a case of just battling it out with SEGA, in who can create the most creative, genuinely great games. (NOTHING beats the SEGA vs Nintendo Days btw).

Since Sony and now, the biggest company in the world, M$ entered the Market, Nintendo Cannot be in mood to Fcuk about. They are in Business mode.
ys

• Total Posts : 532
RE: Create your own Wii strategy... - Oct 13, 2007 20:05
Nintendo needed this to survive indeed. They would' ve stood less of a chance if they released a console like the other two. Especially like VF said, it' s not the same now with two mega companies around. Before that, during the Sega-Nintendo era it were more " pure" gaming companies. Microsoft and Sony on the other hand are in it to move some of their other merchandise too of course.

And Nintendo doesn' t have the financial backup from many other divisions like Sony and Microsoft have. Of course it' s easier for those to create a console with very advanced technology if you know that you can make huge losses without it being a big problem.

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll