Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 ***ing hell look at these graphics from GT Prolouge!!!!
Change Page: 12 > | Showing page 1 of 2, messages 1 to 20 of 24
QuezcatoL

• Total Posts : 7059
***ing hell look at these graphics from GT Prolouge!!!! - Aug 06, 2007 10:26
I thought it was real photos first...

And yes I do know that for ex pgr3 at the garage has the same kind of car quality,but look at the ***ing enviorment,jesus christ!!!

I hope it will be almost as good looking as this when you play.
< Message edited by quezcatol -- 6 Aug 07 2:27:58 >
locopuyo

• Total Posts : 3138
RE: ***ing hell look at these graphics from GT Prolouge!!!! - Aug 06, 2007 10:46
That lighting is horrible.
locopuyo

RE: ***ing hell look at these graphics from GT Prolouge!!!! - Aug 06, 2007 10:48
Okay those graphics are horrible quez, wtf. Low polly and horrible lighting. SRSLY wtf?
QuezcatoL

RE: ***ing hell look at these graphics from GT Prolouge!!!! - Aug 06, 2007 11:05
My eyes isn' t at the car,its at the houses ffs :)
Evilkiller

• Total Posts : 660
RE: ***ing hell look at these graphics from GT Prolouge!!!! - Aug 06, 2007 11:13
Yes, the Enviroments are really fantastic. Unfortunely though, the Enviroments are looking SO good, it makes the cars look bad again.
QuezcatoL

RE: ***ing hell look at these graphics from GT Prolouge!!!! - Aug 06, 2007 11:15
Is it basically photos of houses uploaded?

Abasoufiane

• Total Posts : 2127
RE: ***ing hell look at these graphics from GT Prolouge!!!! - Aug 06, 2007 11:19
eveything is so freaking fucking amzaingly fantastic , can' t believe those are done with the 3dengine, this is the same shit that PGR3 had shown to us, the new york building etc
locopuyo

RE: ***ing hell look at these graphics from GT Prolouge!!!! - Aug 06, 2007 11:55
uh actually i was talking about the buildings. They look extremely fake. Very low poly and obvious use of photos. No lighting at all. It looks amature to the way they did it in PGR3.

It isn' t amazing it is bad. Are you guys blind?
Chee Saw

• Total Posts : 1466
RE: ***ing hell look at these graphics from GT Prolouge!!!! - Aug 06, 2007 12:00
I think it looks great, too. Loco, I think you' re confusing " bad" with " simple" . It looks like a very realistic overcast day. And the buildings are " low poly" because they' re rectangle, just like real life!
fernandino

• Total Posts : 661
RE: ***ing hell look at these graphics from GT Prolouge!!!! - Aug 06, 2007 12:26
Just check the official GranTurismo website:

http://www.gran-turismo.com/jp/gt5p/screen/

Theres the same image in 720p, and many many more.

ORIGINAL: locopuyo

Low polly and horrible lighting. SRSLY wtf?

Are you stupid or something??

EDIT. What the fukis going on, every pic you upload gets resized Quez

< Message edited by fernandino -- 6 Aug 07 4:28:58 >
locopuyo

RE: ***ing hell look at these graphics from GT Prolouge!!!! - Aug 06, 2007 14:01
Look on the right side of the picture. How does that look good in any way? Bushes and grass that are clearly flat. The tower is just horrible. The lighting is piss poor. The shadows are pitch black or non-existent. None of the windows are 3D and is horribly obvious. The graphics are bad.
Joe Redifer

• Total Posts : 4481
RE: ***ing hell look at these graphics from GT Prolouge!!!! - Aug 06, 2007 15:00
It looks nowhere near as good when the game is actually being played. Instead you get the same boring tracks as you have in every other GT game.
Evilkiller

• Total Posts : 660
RE: ***ing hell look at these graphics from GT Prolouge!!!! - Aug 06, 2007 15:12
Hmm after I took another look at the screens, I am quite convinced the games enviroments won' t look that good. Simply because these screens seem to be clearly from photo mode. And back on GT4 photo mode also made the game look somewhat better than it was ingame.
Joe Redifer

• Total Posts : 4481
RE: ***ing hell look at these graphics from GT Prolouge!!!! - Aug 06, 2007 15:46
There are screens available from the game mode (forget where I saw them), but it seemed to have a large case of " teh jaggies" all over. Does the PS3 suffer from the same jaggy problems that the PS2 did?
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: ***ing hell look at these graphics from GT Prolouge!!!! - Aug 06, 2007 15:50

ORIGINAL: Joe Redifer

Does the PS3 suffer from the same jaggy problems that the PS2 did?

Something like that.

ys

• Total Posts : 532
RE: ***ing hell look at these graphics from GT Prolouge!!!! - Aug 06, 2007 19:43
Seriously? Hmm, I heard them talk about jaggies being a thing from the past on some press conference.

And those pictures look good at first of course but then it becomes obvious that the backgrounds are just pictures on a flat surface. To me at least it looks very flat and fake. I' ve never been a fan of using real photo' s in games.
< Message edited by ys -- 6 Aug 07 11:45:13 >
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
RE: ***ing hell look at these graphics from GT Prolouge!!!! - Aug 07, 2007 01:27
If they can make a game look good with real photos, who here' s bitching?
locopuyo

RE: ***ing hell look at these graphics from GT Prolouge!!!! - Aug 07, 2007 08:38
I liked what they did with photos in PGR3, but they just fail at it in this game.

I' m sure it won' t be so bad and look better in motion than it does still, but it isn' t anywhere near PGR3.

ORIGINAL: Eddie_the_Hated

ys

• Total Posts : 532
RE: ***ing hell look at these graphics from GT Prolouge!!!! - Aug 07, 2007 19:57

Almost all attempts I' ve seen of this untill now looked fake (be it on faces or buildings). It looks very flat and unnatural quite often. Like those buildings up there. They look like flat carboards with a texture pasted on it. There' s no depth in it. All I meant was that I can settle for a less photorealistic look in those cases. It makes the overall graphic style a bit more coherent too since everything in game has the same style of textures.

But in the end, it' s not like I care that much about whatever developers do with textures. And I' m not interested in this particular game anyway ;)
KongRudi

• Total Posts : 220
RE: ***ing hell look at these graphics from GT Prolouge!!!! - Aug 08, 2007 18:27
I wonder if my friend can exchange his version of PGR3 with crappy graphics, with the on with good graphics for his 360.. :-/
Clearly there must be something seriously wrong with his game, since nothing there looks remotely as good as you people claim when you' re comparing it to these screens. :-/
Change Page: 12 > | Showing page 1 of 2, messages 1 to 20 of 24

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message