Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 what are the best XBOX games you' ve played?
Alley_Hater

• Total Posts : 340
what are the best XBOX games you' ve played? - Jul 07, 2004 05:13
in addition to Viperman200' s thread " Favorite GameCube Games?" , i' d like to post similar to it, only this time, what' s your favorite, bestest Xbox game you' ve played? For now, i' d have to say Halo
Terry Bogard

• Total Posts : 3915
RE: what are the best XBOX games you' ve played? - Jul 07, 2004 05:17
Panzer Dragoon Orta in reality

and Virtua Fighter 4 in my dreams!
PresAgent

• Total Posts : 50
RE: what are the best XBOX games you' ve played? - Jul 07, 2004 05:19
I' d probably have to say Rainbow Six 3, due to the combination of Live and offline play it has. Not only does the offline game have extremely large replay value, but the Live aspect is absolutely amazing. As of yet, it' s probably my most played game on Live, and about a third of my buddy list on Live is devoted to friends who play RS3. Plus with all the unique weapons and large amount of maps it has, offline play is well worth the time.
Joe Redifer

• Total Posts : 4481
RE: what are the best XBOX games you' ve played? - Jul 07, 2004 05:27
Gun Valkyrie
Great sound and really cool missions.

Crimson Skies
Fantastic sound, immersive single player and the best online experience ever!

Soul Calibur 2
Did anybody say Dolby Digital 5.1, High Definition 720p, and the most playable (and fitting) exclusive character? Nintendo and Sony sure didn' t.

Otogi
Reeks of style.

Rallisport Challenge 2
I have mentioned this game so often. I am sick of how great this game is.
PresAgent

• Total Posts : 50
RE: what are the best XBOX games you' ve played? - Jul 07, 2004 05:28
Ah thank you Joe, I completely forgot about Crimson Skies. The game is short, but it' s my absolute favorite dogfighting game I' ve ever played. Excellent title, and even the Live play is amazing once you get used to that 2 second delay.
yoshimitsu15

• Total Posts : 1038
RE: what are the best XBOX games you' ve played? - Jul 07, 2004 05:57
Crimson Skies is good, had to stop playing on Live because I got sick of hearing about kill stealing...

Anyways, my faves are mainly Xbox Live games, which means they probably aren' t that great as stand alone one player games, lol.

Return to Castle Wolfenstein
Counter-Strike
Project Gotham Racing 2
Beyond Good and Evil
Chronicles of Riddick
Halo
Rallisport 2
Madden 2004
Ch@otix

• Total Posts : 41
RE: what are the best XBOX games you' ve played? - Jul 07, 2004 15:03
My favourite games for X-box are Halo and Ninja Gaiden.
Russian Mobster

• Total Posts : 357
RE: what are the best XBOX games you' ve played? - Jul 07, 2004 17:01
FPS: HALO

ACTION: Ninja Gaiden

Racing: PGR2

Fighting: DOA3

RPG: Star Wars KOTOR

OTHER: DDR ULTRAMIX
< Message edited by russian mobster -- 7/7/2004 5:02:00 PM >
Rampage99

• Total Posts : 3161
RE: what are the best XBOX games you' ve played? - Jul 07, 2004 19:53
Halo
KOTOR
DOA3
Gun Valkyrie
Rallisport 2
Riddick
Counter Strike(the online part of it)
Splinter Cell and Pandora Tomorrow
Sharon

• Total Posts : 960
RE: what are the best XBOX games you' ve played? - Jul 07, 2004 20:02
Halo
NHL 2004
Mass X

• Total Posts : 4491
RE: what are the best XBOX games you' ve played? - Jul 08, 2004 04:13
Psi-Ops - Im addicted to that game latly

SC:PT - Thank you Kikizo for the game :)

CoR:EBB - Beautiful looking game, awsome gameplay

MX Unleased - Rainbow Studios knows how to make a dman fine MX game

Hitman:Contracts - Sucha dark game with so much killing variety

Spider-Man 2 - Nothings better then doing whatever a spider can!
panzer_baiken

• Total Posts : 83
RE: what are the best XBOX games you' ve played? - Jul 08, 2004 15:32
in no order...

halo- i think we all know....

ninja gaiden- beutiful graphics combined with ultra-slick gameplay makes for one helluva time.

panzer dragoon orta-full, 360 degree shooter nirvana.
fathoms

• Total Posts : 1060
RE: what are the best XBOX games you' ve played? - Jul 08, 2004 16:20
In no particular order:

Splinter Cell/Splinter Cell: Pandora Tomorrow

I know these games aren' t exclusive to the Xbox (although they should be, IMO), but they' re certainly best played on said system. Two of my favorite games of this generation by far, and both kept me fully entertained from beginning to end. If you want the ultimate in realism (or as close as you can get from a video game trying to imitate elite military operations), you HAVE to play these games.

Deathrow

Overlooked and under-appreciated, Deathrow surprised the crap out of me. The action is fast and fluid, and the game is just oozing with style and its much-needed counterpart, substance. A full season is both rewarding and challenging, and multi-player is a blast as well. A must-have for any Xbox owner, IMO.

Dead or Alive: Xtreme Beach Volleyball

Go ahead, laugh it up. I don' t care. The game was designed to be a " leisure/relaxation" type of title, and that' s exactly what it is. After ripping about 50 songs from 30 different CD' s into the Xbox, I kicked back and had the time of my life playing volleyball. Sure, it' s a little flawed, but I found it to be great fun. Heck, I still play it from time to time, and I' ve probably logged over 70 hours total. Fun, fun, fun.

Chronicles of Riddick

IMO, the best game I' ve played to-date on the system. Yes, better than Halo. Yes, better than SC: PT or Ninja Gaiden. It' s really THAT good. The design, gameplay, story, heck; the entire PRODUCTION is just glorious. Yeah, it' s too short, but it' s certainly worth playing more than once. I just can' t find as many glaring flaws as I can in NG or Halo...as if those games have a lot in the first place.

Ninja Gaiden

The best action game of this generation, although I will admit that I enjoyed Devil May Cry more. The extreme level of difficulty, somewhat bland environments, tricky camera, terrible voice-acting, and annoying enemies all kind of detracted from the experience just a tad, but ALL of them are minor complaints. In the end, NG is just an unbelievable title that is near-sheer perfection when it comes to gameplay.
AlexW

• Total Posts : 22
RE: what are the best XBOX games you' ve played? - Jul 09, 2004 15:53
Two games that immediately come to mind are Crimson Skies and Full Spectrum Warrior. Neither of them are in genres that I normally love. For both of them, I went in not really knowing what to expect, and they blew my socks off (check out my reviews of the games to see why).
Toast

• Total Posts : 134
RE: what are the best XBOX games you' ve played? - Jul 10, 2004 20:14
Well its all seems to have been gone over, but I' ll just second Rainbow 6 - 3 for online play. For me its been the one of best titles online so far with all of the regular players still on it every night. Though I know everyone is looking forward to Black Arrow now and hopefully Ubisoft with get rid of the dreaded " leaning" glitch. Beside that my fav online racing game has to be TOCA 2, its fun, has loads of car types and a great package. But what stands out for me is the online options and the ability to turn collisions off which really helps.

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll