Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Lost Odyssey to wow TGS
Dyack

• Total Posts : 61
Lost Odyssey to wow TGS - Sep 16, 2006 14:59
http://www.next-gen.biz/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=3818&Itemid=2

Impressions from che forza 2 community manager.

So I checked out the first 15 action-packed minutes of the nearly hour long Lost Odyssey TGS demo yesterday and I was completely blindsided by how awesome this game looks and feels (in the emotion stirring sense).

I don' t know if this game is going to " steal TGS" or sell a million Xbox 360s in Japan, but damn it is an impressive piece of work that will turn a lot of heads. Takehiko Inoue' s art direction has taken on a maturity that goes even beyond his work in Vagabond, and seeing it in motion in both the CG and real-time graphics makes me think that his future isn' t in manga but rather in 3D and games.

But what really got to me beyond the FF-style combat vs. like 1000 enemies and seamless integration of real-time and CG graphics is the way Lost Odyssey conveys a sense a mystery around its main character (who apparently is immortal). I walked away from the demo immediately wanting to know more about the game' s scenario -- hero, villains, f' ed up world, everything.

I haven' t played a J-RPG and haven' t wanted to play one since... , I can' t even remember, and now I suddenly can' t wait for Mistwalker to finish the damn game. :P

Jesus, I' m trying to work and eat lunch here.

Blue Dragon is good. Graphics are simplistic and clean, but it suits Toriyama' s style perfectly and the quality of the models combined with the post-effects happening onscreen really make this game look almost CG in real-time. Gameplay-wise, there are some pretty major twists and I certainly don' t want to give anything away, but if you love Dragon' s Quest style JRPGs, this is going to be a real beast. The game also feels very lengthy. That' s all I can say without getting Tenchu' ed.

Totally different styles, both games look very next-gen.

In-game graphics in LO look shockingly close to CG. when the movie transitioned into gameplay, the seamlessness with which it happened literally shot chills down my spine. I was like, WTF....

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=4318532&postcount=289

TGS so close yet so far this last guy seems to be ranting like crazy I guess ignore the rubbish out of his mouth, but only pay attention to what he says about the game I guess?
QuezcatoL

• Total Posts : 7059
RE: Lost Odyssey to wow TGS - Sep 16, 2006 16:17
Hard to gte hyped when the person doesn' t seem to be big JRPG fan.
2pac

• Total Posts : 1032
RE: Lost Odyssey to wow TGS - Sep 16, 2006 17:30

ORIGINAL: QuezcatoL

Hard to gte hyped when the person doesn' t seem to be big JRPG fan.

Infact that gets me hyped more , if a guy who obviously doesnt play jrpgs likes LO i m sure that jrpg fans will no doubt be impressed ... Unless ofcourse this guy doesnt know shit about games and is a x360 fanboy ...
OneWingedAngel

• Total Posts : 142
RE: Lost Odyssey to wow TGS - Sep 16, 2006 19:10
Can' t wait for TGS...Need to fix my time machine right away!!
Abasoufiane

• Total Posts : 2127
RE: Lost Odyssey to wow TGS - Sep 16, 2006 19:47
what the guy reallly focused on are graphics, and he doesn' t have to be JRPG fan to know if that game is looking damn impressive, i think he says the truth as there is no reason to lie, this is what you could expect from a 1st party microsoft, with guys like sakaguchi san and the unreal engine 3.

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll