Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Sen Edwards it is...
Xtreme

• Total Posts : 272
Sen Edwards it is... - Jul 07, 2004 15:17
So I' m drinking my morning coffee, watching Fox News, and boom.....Edwards is picked for the VP. I knew the announcement was coming soon, but I was a bit surprised to see it that early (before the press conf). I think fox actually reported it first, bc all my friends hadnt even heard yet. anyway....it was nice hearing the commentary throughout the day, but im not sure edwards will be the winning factor. what do ya' ll think?
Smiaras

• Total Posts : 49
RE: Sen Edwards it is... - Jul 07, 2004 16:13
No surprise really, I would have been shocked had he not received the nod. There was so much speculation about alternative running mates, but didn' t think they were going to be realistic VP material. Doubt if he' ll be a major factor either, should work well down south but still reckon Bush will pull the cat out of the bag later in the year.
Xtreme

• Total Posts : 272
RE: Sen Edwards it is... - Jul 07, 2004 21:40
well there were rumors that hillary was gonna get the nod, then gephardt. if you think about it, edwards is really the long shot as the first term senator. but anyway, fox news had this political strategist on a lil while ago who broke down the outlook of the ticket and she brought up the lack of exp edwards has. good point ya kno?
Joe Redifer

• Total Posts : 4481
RE: Sen Edwards it is... - Jul 07, 2004 23:58
Could be worse. Could have picked Dan Quayle! (Even though he is Republican) :)
Alley_Hater

• Total Posts : 340
RE: Sen Edwards it is... - Jul 08, 2004 05:03
can u guys see how Bush and Sen. John McCain might affect the votes and the battle against Kerry & EDwards? The majority think McCain is a trustworthy guy and he can understand poverty because he was jailed by VietCongs for 7 years.
Joe Redifer

• Total Posts : 4481
RE: Sen Edwards it is... - Jul 08, 2004 08:07
Bush is still holding on to that crook Cheney, though. McCain is not a factor in any way. Bush would do well to dump Cheney.

McCain always looks like he' s storing acorns in his cheeks, though. :)
< Message edited by Joe Redifer -- 7/8/2004 8:08:49 AM >
Alley_Hater

• Total Posts : 340
RE: Sen Edwards it is... - Jul 09, 2004 16:57
lol, yea, i agree with u, Cheney is a failure, and... what' s that with the acorns? I need to see his face

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll