Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 The Japanese alternative to Gears of War
Change Page: 12 > | Showing page 1 of 2, messages 1 to 20 of 35
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
The Japanese alternative to Gears of War - Nov 06, 2006 19:37
And it could easily be just as big. It' s certainly a very important game and every build looks better and better. The most recent shots, which i' m guessing are from multiplayer...

...look pretty damn good.

Gears is obviously 360' s flagship title for 2006 and will be until Halo 3 is released, but Lost Planet seems like and awesome gears alternative.

Is anybody else expecting an online Lost Planet demo soon?!
< Message edited by MAJIKDRA6ON -- 12 Dec 06 9:45:59 >
JalleNalle

• Total Posts : 191
RE: Lost Planet - Alternative Gears - Nov 06, 2006 21:14
I don' t really know why, but this game doesn' t push my buttons, even though it looks hot. It' s something about the mech and laser- things... I want believable weapons aswell as veichles. I' m going to gametrailers.com to check this game out some more.

Two quick questions...
When is it due to release?
Is there any coop? If so, online or offline or both?
Rampage99

• Total Posts : 3161
RE: Lost Planet - Alternative Gears - Nov 06, 2006 22:28
This gamer really doesn' t impresses me at all, niether visually or gameplay wise. I don' t know what the big fuss is about but I guess it' s just me.
mastachefbkw

• Total Posts : 3793
RE: Lost Planet - Alternative Gears - Nov 06, 2006 22:41

I don' t really know why, but this game doesn' t push my buttons, even though it looks hot. It' s something about the mech and laser- things... I want believable weapons aswell as veichles. I' m going to gametrailers.com to check this game out some more.

I some how seem to agree, perhaps if i saw some more pics?
mastachefbkw

• Total Posts : 3793
RE: Lost Planet - Alternative Gears - Nov 06, 2006 22:51
I just looked at the title, haha i didnt realize it was Lost Planet, iv seen the vid on XL market place, it was amazing.
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: Lost Planet - Alternative Gears - Nov 06, 2006 23:28

Lost Planet - Gametrailers (make sure to watch the HD gameplay videos)

Lost Planet is going to be huge. Maybe not Gears huge but i think that it' s the only worthy alternative. I' m looking forward to Lost Planet more than Mass Effect...
< Message edited by MAJIKDRA6ON -- 6 Nov 06 15:44:02 >
QuezcatoL

• Total Posts : 7059
RE: Lost Planet - Alternative Gears - Nov 06, 2006 23:30

I' m looking forward to Lost Planet more than Mass Effect...

WTF!!!!
choupolo

• Total Posts : 1773
RE: Lost Planet - Alternative Gears - Nov 07, 2006 02:11

I' m looking forward to Lost Planet more than Mass Effect...

Me too actually! But only cos Lost Planet feels more finished than Mass Effect at the moment.

I really like the style of Lost Planet atm, and there seems like there' ll be lots to discover about the game when we eventually play through it.

Even CliffyB rates it as one of his most anticipated for 360 so far.
Dionysius

• Total Posts : 831
RE: Lost Planet - Alternative Gears - Nov 07, 2006 02:36
I agree and disagree with Rampage on this one. Though I think the games visuals are mighty impressive, the gameplay was no fun, nothing new. Though I have only played the demo, who knows what changes have been made.
QuezcatoL

• Total Posts : 7059
RE: Lost Planet - Alternative Gears - Nov 07, 2006 02:46
I fully agree dionysius,the graphic with HDTV is mind blowing,but the gameplay was " meh" for me.
I didn' t like it much...
However i do understand what people like you majik see in it,and multiplayer could be a " blast" .
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
RE: Lost Planet - Alternative Gears - Nov 07, 2006 02:58
Wow, I guess I' m in the minority here. I think the game is going to be absolutely awesome. The demo was in my opinion, the sweetness. Don' t get me wrong now, Gears visually is mind blowing, but after all the grim/grey WWII shooters, I need a change of visual taste, & with all the whites & blues, & even vibrant reds, this is one of my most anticipated 360 titles.
Rampage99

RE: Lost Planet - Alternative Gears - Nov 07, 2006 03:30
My problem with the graphics are the textures. I just don' t like the style of them.
Alecrein

• Total Posts : 762
RE: Lost Planet - Alternative Gears - Nov 07, 2006 04:10
I loved the graphics and the gameplay was really fun. You guys have just been brainwashed into judging Sci-fi as bad...well Sci-Fi and Snow textures.
Rampage99

RE: Lost Planet - Alternative Gears - Nov 07, 2006 04:11
I loved the winter levels of Halo
steptechdotnet

• Total Posts : 91
RE: Lost Planet - Alternative Gears - Nov 07, 2006 04:16

Wow, I guess I' m in the minority here. I think the game is going to be absolutely awesome. The demo was in my opinion, the sweetness. Don' t get me wrong now, Gears visually is mind blowing, but after all the grim/grey WWII shooters, I need a change of visual taste, & with all the whites & blues, & even vibrant reds, this is one of my most anticipated 360 titles.

Same here man, this is my most anticipated games out of everything coming out at the moment. I already reserved gears, but if this came out the same day, I wouldn' t take a secong look at gears. I love everything about lost planet, the character animation, the creatures designs, how they hadled boarding & controlling the mechs, and I can only imagine how the grappling hook is gonna play into everything(remember these same guys did bionic commando), Oh, and don' t forget the story, I love how capcom tells their storys. Yeah I have complete faith that this game is gonna surpass what we' re expecting from it, while I' m still abit nervous about gears.
Tiz

• Total Posts : 3158
RE: Lost Planet - Alternative Gears - Nov 07, 2006 04:41

Is anybody else expecting an online Lost Planet demo soon?!

There' s definitely a multiplayer demo coming out, it said it after one of the X06
trailers, should be coming out this winter. So it' s not about expecting, it' s about when it arrives!

I am definitely anticipating this more than Gears, because it looks less grounded
and much more fun to play, it' s a given that it doesn' t look as detailed, but it
definitely looks more fun because it has vehicles in the multiplayer section, I just
don' t know how long I can curb stomp and chainsaw for the whole of multiplayer
which will without a doubt be the only thing people end up doing, and also the only
thing everyone will look forward to doing after a while.
Zoy

• Total Posts : 1703
RE: Lost Planet - Alternative Gears - Nov 07, 2006 05:58
Very cool alien designs. The multiplayer will make it or break it for me, though.
Agent Ghost

• Total Posts : 5486
RE: Lost Planet - Alternative Gears - Nov 07, 2006 06:26
I agree with Rampage about this game being overrated (except I don' t care about the graphics). A third person action shooter, the shooter where your reflexes and strategy won' t matter. This is basically an arcade shooter which will most certainly suck compared to real games like COD3 or GOW which involve skill and cunning. Does Lost Planet even have an online mode? This game is just shoot at the mass of enemie(s), thats all it is. The only arcade shooters I would let touch my 360 would have to involve a light gun.

This game will get very boring really fast and most people won' t even know why. Even the story looks lame, which is inexcusable for a single player game.

First and third person shooters usually have a single player game less then 15 hours. Which in itself does not warrent a purchase in my standards. It' s critical for a strong online component. Playing against real people online is where the real game is, the single player is just masterbation.

This game is great if you' re easilly amused by seeing a lot of weird shit moving on screen at once. Hey look a giant spider, shoot it! Hey look 500 flying rats, shoot them! and so on and so on...

A linear third person shooter with an impotent story. Why are you guys obsessed with this game?
< Message edited by Agent ghost -- 6 Nov 06 22:36:28 >
Rampage99

RE: Lost Planet - Alternative Gears - Nov 07, 2006 06:37
It does have multiplayer.
Agent Ghost

• Total Posts : 5486
RE: Lost Planet - Alternative Gears - Nov 07, 2006 06:40
I could just imagine how great that must be...
Change Page: 12 > | Showing page 1 of 2, messages 1 to 20 of 35

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message