Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Revolution
Change Page: 12 > | Showing page 1 of 2, messages 1 to 20 of 38
mxpx182

• Total Posts : 1394
Revolution - Jan 19, 2005 10:01
Article : http://games.kikizo.com/news/200501/031.asp

After reaading this, I' m a little bit anxious to what Nintendo has planned. I am a bit of a Nintendo fanboy, but I ahve to say I think they are wrong in there assumption about the complexity of a controller being key. I don' t think they should be concentrating on the grandparents who don' t play games yet by developing a simpler controller, but rather should be doing something to get back the gamers they' ve lost to Sony and Micosoft. I' m keeping my fingers crossed that revolution is going to blow me and the gameing world away, and not be some box that you interact with by tapping two sticks together at different speeds.
captain Qball

• Total Posts : 30
RE: Revolution - Jan 19, 2005 12:32
I have mixed feelings toward the Revolution. I enjoy videogames as they are and would be fine with a generation of faster, more powerful consoles. At the same time, I' very interested to see what they will come up with, they could create endless possibilities for gameplay expansion, and practically re-invent the way games are played. It is foolish to think that it won' t have standard controllers though. A lot of the money nowadays is in third party titles, and thirdparty developers usually aren' t too keen on being exclusive to one company. If nothing else, the Revolution will have a controller just for the games released on multiple consoles. Besides, there is nothign to say that developers need to use every aspect of the new console. Not every DS game out there takes advantage of all the system has to offer, new games for the home console shouldn' t have to use all the new features either.
Terry Bogard

• Total Posts : 3915
RE: Revolution - Jan 19, 2005 13:09
Watch this new way of interacting with games be nothing more than the return of the Nintendo POWER GLOVE!!!!!
mxpx182

RE: Revolution - Jan 19, 2005 13:58
http://www.vrealities.com/P5.aspx

The power glove lives!!!!
Silentbomber

• Total Posts : 4673
RE: Revolution - Jan 19, 2005 14:41
everybody is expecting this console to blow people away, i am not. Was any body blown away by the Gamecube? after all the hype that surrounded it? i am not saying that it wont be good, just dont get your hopes up too high yet. Only 5 mouths to wait untill e3 again! time pass' so quickly,....adam can i have your ticket?
yoshimitsu15

• Total Posts : 1038
RE: Revolution - Jan 19, 2005 15:27
Has gimmick already stamped on it' s surface...For some reason I get a feeling that this is Nintendo grasping at straws.
Joe Redifer

• Total Posts : 4481
RE: Revolution - Jan 19, 2005 18:33
The Power Glove was Mattel, not Nintendo. I' d rather have a U-Force anyway. Or maybe a power glove and U-Force combined. Either way, both were extremely complex controllers.

When Nintendo talks about the Revolution, they keep saying how it will revolutionize the industry just like the DS has revolutionized portable gaming. OK. The DS is nice, but it is definitely a niche machine. Nothing revolutionary. I' m sure when the Nintendo Revolution is unvieled, people will sit back and wonder " WTF?" If they try to do anything goofy, it will not work in their favor. I' ll wait until it is unvieled to pass final judgment, though.
yoshimitsu15

RE: Revolution - Jan 19, 2005 20:07
This could be like the handle on the Gamecube, only on an epic scale. However, after seeing the amount of damage a Gamecube could take on X-Play I have decided that it was placed there to be used as a blunt object. I bet the Gamecube could deal some serious damage to a burglar.
mxpx182

RE: Revolution - Jan 20, 2005 06:18

The DS is nice, but it is definitely a niche machine
Id on' t know man, I thought similar thoughts before it came out, but sales for this thing have been far to high to call it a niche machine. It' s still always sold out whereever I go.
Joe Redifer

RE: Revolution - Jan 20, 2005 11:17
Yeah, just like most systems at launch. :)
mxpx182

RE: Revolution - Jan 20, 2005 12:15
I could lay my hands on an x-box or a gamecube any time after they launched. PS2 and N64 were a different story.
Joe Redifer

RE: Revolution - Jan 20, 2005 13:36
Well hopfully I' m wrong and the DS turns out to be a very popular machine with lots of good games that take advantage of it. I am currently looking forward to Castlevania (more than any other game), Wario Warez, and maybe Yoshi' s Touch and Go. I hate Baby Mario so I may have to pass that one up.
Silentbomber

• Total Posts : 4673
RE: Revolution - Jan 20, 2005 15:15
what was with that handle on the gamecube anyway?

why bring your bag when you can bring a gamecube! and dont worry about it getting stolen cos nobosy acctually wants one! [thats untrue, just judeing by the sales figures]
mxpx182

RE: Revolution - Jan 21, 2005 06:12
I agree, I thought the handle was stupid at first, but I' ve surprised myself with how often I' ve used it and thought it was pretty handy. And besides, as yoshimitsu said, if a burglar attacked you and you had a choice between gamecube sans handle or gamcube with handle, I know which I' d pick! And of for the record Joe, yes, baby mario does suck.
mxpx182

RE: Revolution - Jan 24, 2005 06:15
Ok, here' s some new info on this controller business. Now keep in mind this is only a rumor posted at gamespot, but still interesting none the less. Apparently the new controller will use gyration technology. We can all quit hoping that means it' s shaped like a miniature exotic dancer right now cause it doesn' t. Here' s a link to the original rumor/story: http://www.gamespot.com/news/2005/01/21/news_6116926.aspx

And here' s a link to the " gyration" developers page:
http://www.gyration.com/ultragt.htm

yoshimitsu15

RE: Revolution - Jan 24, 2005 15:29
35% chance of being wrong? This stuff is interesting, but I' m not exactly thrilled by the announcement. First of all, I' m probably not going to buy another Nintendo system for the fact that I' m in too deep with Xbox Live and I don' t play that many games anymore offline. Secondly, this gyration thing once again sounds like some neat little thing that I don' t want a part of. It could be the greatest thing since sliced bread, but I' m going to have to let my sis buy the Nintendo system...I' m sticking with the next Xbox methinks...

The only thing I hope for when this new system comes out is a Mario 64 esque Mario game. I didn' t exactly fall in love with Sunshine because the controls just got too darn annoying.
Joe Redifer

RE: Revolution - Jan 24, 2005 15:43
Mario Sunshine was a horrible, horrible game.
mxpx182

RE: Revolution - Jan 25, 2005 06:04
While I agree Mario Sunshine didn' t blow me away, looking back I think it was more because I remembered how awsome Mario 64 was, and my expectations were for it to beat that. The whole water pack thing would' ve been much better as a 2 or 3 level special power. Using it as the main mechanism for the entire game was a mistake. Plus I gotta say, give us back the mishroom kingdom. That whole tropical setting full of animated pears was annoying. I just hope that if this gyration technology rumor is true I don' t have to wiggle the controller to make mario' s ass jiggle around and hit enemies.
< Message edited by mxpx182 -- 1/25/2005 6:06:06 AM >
mxpx182

RE: Revolution - Jan 31, 2005 11:59
http://cube.ign.com/articles/583/583559p1.aspx

Here' s an interesting article compiling a bunch of the rumors about revolution. some of them are interesting, and some seem just downright weird. I love the handmade drawing the one guy made, it has to be the truth if he drew it! Anyways, the most interesting one to me is the fixation point rumor, and exactly how they plan on changing this.
yoshimitsu15

RE: Revolution - Jan 31, 2005 17:33
This is going to be a really good E3.
Change Page: 12 > | Showing page 1 of 2, messages 1 to 20 of 38

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages