Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 San Andreas headed to to PC and X-Box in June
lotusson

• Total Posts : 1212
San Andreas headed to to PC and X-Box in June - Dec 17, 2004 05:27
http://xbox.ign.com/articles/574/574010p1.aspx

December 16, 2004 - Rockstar Games let the good news fly today, announcing that its mega-hit Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas will arrive on Xbox and PC on June 7 in North America. Euro-gamers will receive the fifth game in the series June 10, 2005.

Following Grand Theft Auto III and Grand Theft Auto: Vice City in this generation of console systems, Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas takes place in the fictitious city of San Andreas and enables players to explore cities much like LA, Las Vegas and San Francisco, all of which take place in real estate that' s approximately five times bigger than the landscape found in Grand Theft Auto: Vice City.

The game follows the African-American Carl Johnson, who escaped from the pressures of life in Los Santos, San Andreas five years ago. Returning to his hometown upon his mother' s death in the early 1990s, his family has been torn apart. The game introduces a slew of new features including eating food to survive, the freedom to completely customize your character with tattoos, clothing, and haircuts, a brand new vehicle physics engine, and the ability to swim.

If Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas is anything like the GTA bundle pack before it, then Xbox and PC gamers should expect no content changes to the gameplay, but they should look forward to higher resolution graphics, and better overall graphic presentation.

fathoms

• Total Posts : 1060
RE: San Andreas headed to to PC and X-Box in June - Dec 17, 2004 05:34
Just finished this game.

Glad I didn' t have to wait 8 months to play one of the best games of 2004......in 2005.
RavenShadow

• Total Posts : 680
RE: San Andreas headed to to PC and X-Box in June - Dec 17, 2004 05:35
I just finished reading about this in an email I got.
I will be getting San Andreas in the mail in a couple days w00t
I suppose for Xbox and PC users a June 05 release is better than none
Pierre2k

• Total Posts : 70
RE: San Andreas headed to to PC and X-Box in June - Dec 17, 2004 07:15
Personally i think this is great news. I preferred the PC version of GTA:Vice City so much that I just can' t go back to the PS2 for San Andreas. I can hold off buying it for the 6 months if I have to.

My mate has SA for the PS2 so I have played it briefly, but I just don' t enjoy it the same.

A mix of better graphics and preferring the mouse/keyboard controls for the game I guess.
Joe Redifer

• Total Posts : 4481
RE: San Andreas headed to to PC and X-Box in June - Dec 17, 2004 08:50
Any word on a Sega CD version? I held off on getting the PS2 version just in case.
IORI YAGAMI1211

• Total Posts : 185
RE: San Andreas headed to to PC and X-Box in June - Dec 27, 2004 11:54

Any word on a Sega CD version? I held off on getting the PS2 version just in case.

LOL. it is about time Xbox gets something to play other FPS (ooh burn).
DaRoosh65

• Total Posts : 1968
RE: San Andreas headed to to PC and X-Box in June - Dec 27, 2004 12:10

LOL. it is about time Xbox gets something to play other FPS (ooh burn).

What do you mean? ...XBOX owners get most of the PS2 and GC re-hash titles (ooh burn - back at ya' )!

I don' t really care if XBOX gets GTA:SA after most PS2 owners have long finished this title' s play-through. It just spices up the conversation on forums like Kikizo!

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll