Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Soo i just finished Bioshock *SPOILER
Vx Chemical

• Total Posts : 5534
Soo i just finished Bioshock *SPOILER - Sep 19, 2007 03:27
It' s clearly the best game on the box right now. Unpresidented gameplay in a singleplayer game.

Did any of you primarily save all the girls?`i did a mix of both and got an ending where im mean to the girls, i think i harvested a bit more than i rescued.

Also whats with the nuke in the end?

I thought a few plasmids more would have been nice. one with a bullet time effect would be great. As well as something offering a really wicked melle attack.
mastachefbkw

• Total Posts : 3793
RE: Soo i just finished Bioshock *SPOILER - Sep 19, 2007 05:34
I rescude all of them and in my ending I got the key to the underwater city, but I took the girls up above water and my character grew old and it had all this stuff like he was father to them or something.
Abasoufiane

• Total Posts : 2127
RE: Soo i just finished Bioshock *SPOILER - Sep 19, 2007 05:42
i got the evil ending for harvesting almost all little sisters, i had the chance to see the other ending as my brother rescued all of them.. the good ending is way better.
locopuyo

• Total Posts : 3138
RE: Soo i just finished Bioshock *SPOILER - Sep 19, 2007 08:46
Bioshock sucks. I got it for PC and I regret my purchase. The gameplay is crapy and the controls are even worse. Everything else in it is pretty good, but without decent gameplay and horrid controls it isn' t worth playing. I stopped playing in the middle of the second zone.
Abasoufiane

RE: Soo i just finished Bioshock *SPOILER - Sep 19, 2007 10:25
so what SUCKS in the gameplay?
nekkid_monkey

• Total Posts : 818
RE: Soo i just finished Bioshock *SPOILER - Sep 19, 2007 10:42
...and how can the controls be bad? You' re on PC.

I got the nice ending and just watched the bad ending(s) on Youtube.
Question: does the game itself change at all when you choose to harvest instead of save? Like different paths or something?
< Message edited by nekkid_monkey -- 19 Sep 07 2:49:46 >
Abasoufiane

RE: Soo i just finished Bioshock *SPOILER - Sep 19, 2007 10:51
mostly it' s the same story , except that the little sisters don' t give you the goodies in the garden if you' re evil to them, but they do help you at the end , so that' s kinda disappointing.
locopuyo

• Total Posts : 3138
RE: Soo i just finished Bioshock *SPOILER - Sep 19, 2007 11:02
They slaughtered the controls for PC. They pretty much ported the controller controls to the mouse, which doesn' t work at all. There is a horrible mouse acceleration. A HUGE NO-NO for any FPS. The problem is it is even worse than normal mouse acceleration. Most games don' t have it or have options to turn it on.

The gameplay is just boring. Your character is slow and weak. You move around sluggishly. When you face a big daddy it is just stupid. If you don' t manage to get out of the way, which is really hard because you' re so slow, you get shocked and then beaten down. I don' t see the fun in it. On the harder skill levels you almost never have enough ammo or energy. When you die you just respawn in one of those capsules. It is like they want you to die a lot, and they don' t even explain it.
Hacking machines gets old after a while. Not that it is all that fun to begin with. When you get new plasmids and weapons they are fun right away, then get boring. Partially because you run out of energy/ammo and partially because the enemies are boring to fight.

One time when I was fighting 4 of the standard enemies at once one went into another room attempting to flank me from behind. That was cool. But that was about as cool as the gameplay ever got.

There were a lot of other cool things, like being able to electrocute people in the water, enemies putting out flames by running in the water, etc. which were all cool the first time it happened but quickly got lame.

The game fails to implement any type of skilled combat. Nothing feels like a challenge, everything feels like a chore.
nekkid_monkey

• Total Posts : 818
RE: Soo i just finished Bioshock *SPOILER - Sep 19, 2007 12:18

ORIGINAL: locopuyo

Your character is slow and weak. You move around sluggishly. When you face a big daddy it is just stupid. If you don' t manage to get out of the way, which is really hard because you' re so slow, you get shocked and then beaten down. I don' t see the fun in it.

The game fails to implement any type of skilled combat. Nothing feels like a challenge, everything feels like a chore.

Well, skilled combat is more than just targeting your enemies' heads and shooting. When you take on a Big daddy, it takes planning. If you just run in blasting like any other fps you' ll get your ass stomped in. That' s the fun and challenge.

The only thing that disappointed me was the last guy. That was boring. There should have been something more elaborate. He requires no skill, just run and shoot.
Vx Chemical

• Total Posts : 5534
RE: Soo i just finished Bioshock *SPOILER - Sep 19, 2007 15:22

They slaughtered the controls for PC. They pretty much ported the controller controls to the mouse, which doesn' t work at all. There is a horrible mouse acceleration. A HUGE NO-NO for any FPS. The problem is it is even worse than normal mouse acceleration. Most games don' t have it or have options to turn it on.

Play it on the Xbox, controls are fine there

The gameplay is just boring. Your character is slow and weak. You move around sluggishly. When you face a big daddy it is just stupid. If you don' t manage to get out of the way, which is really hard because you' re so slow, you get shocked and then beaten down. I don' t see the fun in it. On the harder skill levels you almost never have enough ammo or energy. When you die you just respawn in one of those capsules. It is like they want you to die a lot, and they don' t even explain it.
Hacking machines gets old after a while. Not that it is all that fun to begin with. When you get new plasmids and weapons they are fun right away, then get boring. Partially because you run out of energy/ammo and partially because the enemies are boring to fight.

If you combine Plasmids and guns you have enough ammo to last till you can purchase more at an ammo vendor.

Big daddy fights arent that bad, to me Bioshock is like Ninja Gaiden, its hard at first, once you learn how to play it gets more fun and less frustrating. I barely died figthing big daddys after the first 2 or 3 (on normal)

If you bothered to play through the game, you would know why you respawn after you die.

You can choose to buyout the hacks or craft alot of autohack tools.

One time when I was fighting 4 of the standard enemies at once one went into another room attempting to flank me from behind. That was cool. But that was about as cool as the gameplay ever got.

There were a lot of other cool things, like being able to electrocute people in the water, enemies putting out flames by running in the water, etc. which were all cool the first time it happened but quickly got lame.

Why does it get lame that all enemies want to turn off the fire they are put on? Should it justhappen once and then the others run around burning?

IMO no other fps require you to lay down tactics and use weapons wisely as bioshock, run and gun fails in this game,.
choupolo

• Total Posts : 1773
RE: Soo i just finished Bioshock *SPOILER - Sep 19, 2007 18:11
Im forcing myself to play at the moment since a lot of people have said its the awesomest. Im just at that fisheries place.

It was blatently made for 360 rather than PC (I got it on 360) looking at the controls and gameplay/level design.

I love the environments, and the mini-recordings that let you imagine what went on before you got there.

But I just dont buy into the story. Its too cartoony, which they obviously did intentionally eg those plasmid guides etc.

To me its like System Shock but for kids. I would have preferred it more subtle and darker.

I think Bioshock will be the gaming equivalent of Marmite.
< Message edited by choupolo -- 19 Sep 07 10:13:42 >

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message