Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 IGN and Gamespot go DS crazy...
Jason Zeidan

• Total Posts : 308
IGN and Gamespot go DS crazy... - Aug 19, 2005 21:30
IGN and Gamespot, or in my mind, good cop and bad cop, have shown reviews for the two upcoming, and simultaneous releases of Nintendogs and Advance Wars Dual Strike. Here are the scores:

IGN.com
Nintendogs: 8.8
Advance Wars: 9.0

Gamespot.com
Nintendogs: 9.1
Advance Wars: 9.2

Awesome scores. IMO, I thought that 8.8 from ' good cop' was unexpected. I think Nintendogs is so revolutionary, it can' t, nay, shouldn' t get a score under a nine. But it did, so I' ll shut the hell up. Thoughts?
Terry Bogard

• Total Posts : 3915
RE: IGN and Gamespot go DS crazy... - Aug 19, 2005 21:39
I' m actually surprised that " Good Cop' s" ratings were lower than " Bad Cop' s" ratings. Normally it' s the other way around which is why I' ve always liked " Bad Cop" ;).

It' s always funny when their scores are way on the opposite ends of the spectrum.

" Good Cop" gave Metal Gear Ac!d a 6.5 I believe whereas bad cop awarded the game an 8+ rating I think. My personal favorite is the original Shenmue' s score. " Good Cop" gave it a 9.5 if I remember correctly, while " Bad Cop" originally gave it a 6.8 and fans went nuts! lol. Overall I tend to agree more with " Bad Cop" .
Jason Zeidan

• Total Posts : 308
RE: IGN and Gamespot go DS crazy... - Aug 19, 2005 21:43
Yeah, I like Gamespot' s reviews more, because I think they span out in their scoring, Whereas IGN seems to hand out 8s and 9s like they were coupons. But I like what Gamespot did with these DS games..

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll