Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Romney Suspends Campaign!
Change Page: 12 > | Showing page 1 of 2, messages 1 to 20 of 28
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
Romney Suspends Campaign! - Feb 08, 2008 05:55
w00t!

I didn' t think a conservative had a snowball' s chance in hell this election, with Bush fouling up left and right, and little spats springing up on their side of the isle.

But the liberals are positively ripping each other' s jugulars out, and I don' t think that' s going to appeal to the 20% of America who give a damn to vote. Now that both Huckabee and Romney, two people I' d be most displeased to have in the White House, are gone, it' s looking far better for McCain (The GOP' s now-frontrunner, for those who don' t keep up with US politics) than I would' ve anticipated.

nekkid_monkey

• Total Posts : 818
RE: Romney Suspends Campaign! - Feb 08, 2008 09:57
I personally want to see Obama win. But, if he loses, our next best bet would be McCain.

Huckabee scares the hell out of me.
locopuyo

• Total Posts : 3138
RE: Romney Suspends Campaign! - Feb 08, 2008 13:13
I didn' t like romney, McCain is okay I guess.
Obama would kick us into the great depression 2.
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: Romney Suspends Campaign! - Feb 08, 2008 17:05
Isn' t McCain backed by Bush?
Rampage99

• Total Posts : 3161
RE: Romney Suspends Campaign! - Feb 08, 2008 22:37
I' m pretty sure Bush hasn' t backed anyone yet.

Personally as long as Hillary and Obama don' t get elected I really don' t mind the rest of the candidates. None of them stand out as people I really want to vote for though.
QuezcatoL

• Total Posts : 7059
RE: Romney Suspends Campaign! - Feb 08, 2008 23:28
Obama gets votes because he is black.

Hillary because she is a woman,and because her cheating husband did pretty well in his 8 years.

McCain has atleast show he has some honor by refusing to leave his torture chamber for 5 years even though he could because of his dad and his money.
USA had has trops in Korea for over 50 years,so when he said 100 years in Iraq he obviously doesnt mean 135k trops as some far left wingers want you to believe.

However im not American so I shouldnt actually care or debate.
< Message edited by quezcatol -- 8 Feb 08 15:32:04 >
Ornodeal

• Total Posts : 645
RE: Romney Suspends Campaign! - Feb 08, 2008 23:37
considering the president of the US controls the most powerful and influential country in the world everything should be interested whether they choose another neo-con nut job like Bush (which as far I can ascertain McCain isn' t) or some lefty type like the Democrats. Not that we can influence what goes on, but we should at least be prepared.
Eddie_the_Hated

RE: Romney Suspends Campaign! - Feb 09, 2008 03:53

Isn' t McCain backed by Bush?

No, and I doubt he would. McCain' s fiscally conservative. Bush is spending money he doesn' t have.

If anything, Huckabee is closer to Bush in terms of political and social beliefs. Romney flip-flopped back and forth on gay marriage, abortion, gays in the military. He wasn' t somebody to be trusted whatever it is you believe.

Huckabee... don' t get me started on Huckabee.

He was the man who said that AIDS victims should be interred in gigantic camps in the early nineties to prevent the spread of the disease.

' Nuff said.
< Message edited by eddie_the_hated -- 8 Feb 08 19:58:28 >
immortaldanmx

• Total Posts : 2966
RE: Romney Suspends Campaign! - Feb 09, 2008 04:17

He was the man who said that AIDS victims should be interred in gigantic camps in the early nineties to prevent the spread of the disease

Something has to be done
Rampage99

RE: Romney Suspends Campaign! - Feb 09, 2008 04:54
Touche
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: Romney Suspends Campaign! - Feb 09, 2008 05:07

ORIGINAL: Rampage99

I' m pretty sure Bush hasn' t backed anyone yet.

Personally as long as Hillary and Obama don' t get elected I really don' t mind the rest of the candidates. None of them stand out as people I really want to vote for though.

Sorry, ...THIS is what i was refering to. I' m not up on how the system works there. I figured that since Romney withdrew... Bush would back the other Republican.
Rampage99

RE: Romney Suspends Campaign! - Feb 09, 2008 05:14
The current president always back his party' s front runner for the next election. It happens regardless of whether the president is really a true supporter of person running. From the sound of it McCain has many different views in comparison to Bush. In fact they have very little in common other than that they are both Republican. The whole party system in the States is pretty flawed.
nekkid_monkey

• Total Posts : 818
RE: Romney Suspends Campaign! - Feb 09, 2008 21:31

ORIGINAL: Rampage99

The whole party system in the States is pretty flawed.

The party system IS the flaw IMO. The only reason I support Obama vs McCain is that in order to win, McCain has to be a republican. Being a republican means he travels with all those other assholes in tow.

Every canadate should be forced to run independent.
Eddie_the_Hated

RE: Romney Suspends Campaign! - Feb 09, 2008 22:59

Every canadate should be forced to run independent.

I agree. Our current party system means you don' t get in unless you' re Democratic or Republican, and if you are, you have to have shitloads of money (Crosses finger for Ron Paul ' 12... if he' s still sitting upright by then).

Sorry, ...THIS is what i was refering to. I' m not up on how the system works there. I figured that since Romney withdrew... Bush would back the other Republican.

Heh, neither is anybody over here buddy.

What really pisses me off is when people don' t vote, and subsequently bitch, or do vote, and only because " he looks like a nice enough guy" , " he sounds honest" , or " he doesn' t like war" ... Those are the idiots are ruining the country, and making it more difficult for the rest of the 20% of citizens who do vote (an embarrassing number, I should add) to make their educated choice heard.
QuezcatoL

• Total Posts : 7059
RE: Romney Suspends Campaign! - Feb 09, 2008 23:19
Yes,but some doesnt vote in protest.

In Sweden there is atleast like 7 parties.

In USA you have to choose between two people :S
Eddie_the_Hated

RE: Romney Suspends Campaign! - Feb 10, 2008 00:19

In USA you have to choose between two people :S

No, in the US you' ve got the right to vote for whoever you want, as long as they' re at least 35, born in the USA, and a citizen.

It' s just wound up that there are two large frontrunning parties.

We' ve got hundreds in the US, just not many of them make it as far as Democrats & Republicans do.

If people wanted real change, they' d all vote for whoever they thought did the best job, instead of who they think will " be good enough" .

Anyway, people don' t vote in protest, yes, but if they don' t put forward either themselves, or someone else for president, they have no right to complain about the state of the country. Anyhow, I highly doubt 80% of us are protesting voting. I' m guessing about 5% of us are not voting because we' re protesting. The other 75% are just too apathetic and lazy to care. That' s what happens when you grow up in a " perfect" setup of government. People stop caring once they have the right to do something.
< Message edited by eddie_the_hated -- 9 Feb 08 16:22:05 >
locopuyo

RE: Romney Suspends Campaign! - Feb 10, 2008 02:56
At least in MN Ron Paul got 16% of the vote.
Zoy

• Total Posts : 1703
RE: Romney Suspends Campaign! - Feb 10, 2008 03:18
I vote my conscience, regardless of whether the candidate has a " realistic" chance of winning. I think the people who tell me I' m " wasting" my vote are full of s*** and perhaps lack some integrity, always settling for the lesser of two evils.
Silentbomber

• Total Posts : 4673
RE: Romney Suspends Campaign! - Feb 10, 2008 03:53
can someone explain the major players in this election.. I feel I' m missing something.
locopuyo

RE: Romney Suspends Campaign! - Feb 10, 2008 09:48
Well now all there really is is McCain on the republican side. He basically won that.

So now there is the battle between Obama and Hillary Clinton for the Democrat nomination. It seems to me like Clinton will probably win, but it is up for grabs.

Then in the election it will be a battle between Obama or Clinton and McCain.
Change Page: 12 > | Showing page 1 of 2, messages 1 to 20 of 28

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message