Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Sony says no to bribes ahum ... okay...
QuezcatoL

• Total Posts : 7059
Sony says no to bribes ahum ... okay... - Jul 05, 2007 09:52
Regarding the article about sony that kikizo wrote about...
One question though,if you " SONY" claim you doesnt bribe or pay developers to develop for them why did you pay 10% of the stocks in Square-enix and has people in their boarding room.

Is that why so little 360 love?
Buying stocks and having people in their boardroom in one of the biggest gaming companies doesnt count as " bribe" apparenltly.
< Message edited by quezcatol -- 5 Jul 07 10:26:33 >
UnluckyOne

• Total Posts : 995
RE: Sony says no to bribes ahum ... okay... - Jul 05, 2007 12:03
Be you a fanboy or not, Tretton' s an ass and everyone knows it. Quotes like this don' t help either:

" We don' t buy exclusivity. We don' t fund development. We don' t, for lack of a better term, bribe somebody to only do a game on our platform," Tretton said

Since when has business become bribery? If a company wants a particular good/service they pay money for it. Simple. It' s like he' s trying to make up some moral high ground that only Sony knows about.
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: Sony says no to bribes ahum ... okay... - Jul 05, 2007 16:14
Sounds like they' re sore about Gears and the GTA content...
Torr

• Total Posts : 554
RE: Sony says no to bribes ahum ... okay... - Jul 05, 2007 16:41

Sounds like they' re sore about Gears and the GTA content...

Hell if you were Sony you would be too.

And as for them having crontol in Square Enix that is not bribery that is corporate espionage I' m guessing that is what the quote meant which is funny because that means they are somewhat smarter than MS in that way because as long as they have enough shares than Square is theirs but I mean its not really original but whatever. Personally I don' t care I think that if you can be good enough to make sure developers only make games for your system then you deserve it and its not like MS doesn' t have developers in their pocket just like Sony it just depends on well they are in their respective pockets(wow that was a bad anology) so this is like saying Oh no Sony is lying to us Imean ofcourse they are they want to make money right then they aren' t going to reveal everything to the republic.
Ornodeal

• Total Posts : 645
RE: Sony says no to bribes ahum ... okay... - Jul 05, 2007 16:43
as you say funding development companies is business, backhanders to developers or junkets is bribery. If Jack Tretton is suggesting this, I' m sure I can hear MS sharpening their lawyers.
Agent Ghost

• Total Posts : 5486
RE: Sony says no to bribes ahum ... okay... - Jul 05, 2007 19:35

Buying stocks and having people in their boardroom in one of the biggest gaming companies doesnt count as " bribe" apparenltly.

Actually that isn' t a bribe, thats simply buying part of a corporation. Which obvioulsy is not illegal. I' m not saying Sony is devoid of using dirty tactics, I' m just saying that buying stock in another company in itself is not illegal or unethical.
QuezcatoL

RE: Sony says no to bribes ahum ... okay... - Jul 05, 2007 19:42

Actually that isn' t a bribe, thats simply buying part of a corporation. Which obvioulsy is not illegal. I' m not saying Sony is devoid of using dirty tactics, I' m just saying that buying stock in another company in itself is not illegal or unethical.

My point was,it doesnt matter if MS gives money to developers,then its the developers choice to choose what they want or not.

But buying stocks isn' t something a game developer can prevent.

So its more dirty if you ask me.
Yes buying stocks isn' t exactly a " bribe" .

MS at one point wanted to buy bioware or atleast its been rumored and biooware turned it down,and MS didn' t buy them.
That is how it should be,up to the dev.

Anyway im not against sony' s move to buy stocks but dont claim you dont do dirty moves when u bought 10% of Square-enix-no wonder the sony love...
< Message edited by quezcatol -- 5 Jul 07 11:43:34 >
QuezcatoL

RE: Sony says no to bribes ahum ... okay... - Jul 06, 2007 02:01
Sony also brag they have 1.8 million people regged for PSN.

But they gaved away free Bond movies to over 500k for those who regged.

That isn' t a bribe to get good numbers to show off for e3?
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
RE: Sony says no to bribes ahum ... okay... - Jul 06, 2007 05:38
Nintendo & Microsoft are going about it the wrong way.

Nintendo is going to be getting some great first-party titles, and Microsoft has amazing third party support.

Well, y' see, we don' t really need either of them. Because we' ve got the entire market' s 2nd party support covered! Better known as dumbed-down portville township.

They need to kill their PR reps & start fresh.
immortaldanmx

• Total Posts : 2966
RE: Sony says no to bribes ahum ... okay... - Jul 10, 2007 15:47
The only instance where I can think of a company doing something wrong to ensure exclusivity is Nintendo in the 80' s/early 90' s with their liscensing.

I' m just saying that buying stock in another company in itself is not illegal or unethical.

No, its smart.

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message