Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Split threads
PeyloW

• Total Posts : 64
Split threads - Mar 31, 2003 10:01
We can all agree splitting long threads into pages is good, but having a page with only on or two messages is not that terrific either.

Keepin it on one page until you get X messages and then splitting into 2 pages with X/2 messages. Have the two pages fill up again until each have X mesages and then split into three pages with X/3 messages.

Would this be better or worse compared to current fixed number of messages per page?
BigRedMachine

• Total Posts : 127
RE: Split threads - Mar 31, 2003 15:22
I don' t really get it. Do you mean that the 20 posts/page method could be imporved into something else?
otaku

• Total Posts : 195
RE: Split threads - Mar 31, 2003 20:29
i think what me means, is if there are 21 posts, its stupid to have a second page for 1 post. there should be just 1 page of 21 posts. untill you get to 25 or something - which is when you should make the second page of 5 posts or something.

is that it?
Rampage99

• Total Posts : 3161
RE: Split threads - Apr 01, 2003 02:20
I think it' s fine...
BigRedMachine

• Total Posts : 127
RE: Split threads - Apr 01, 2003 11:25
Yeah, I also think it' s fine the way it is.
I mean, it works like this with like almost every forum. I get used to it.
PeyloW

• Total Posts : 64
RE: Split threads - Apr 02, 2003 13:56

ORIGINAL: otaku

i think what me means, is if there are 21 posts, its stupid to have a second page for 1 post. there should be just 1 page of 21 posts. untill you get to 25 or something - which is when you should make the second page of 5 posts or something.

is that it?

Jup that is what I meant.

Sure you get used to it, but should you continue with what you have just because you got used to it or should you continue searching for better?
Rampage99

• Total Posts : 3161
RE: Split threads - Apr 02, 2003 21:46
I think we can just leave it. I haven' t been to anyother forunm that does it the way you descibed. I think it is fine the way it is. I like to know exactly where a post is in a bigger discussion rather than have to search for it because the post count changes.
Adam Doree

• Total Posts : 1113
RE: Split threads - Apr 06, 2003 00:20
The ideal that was described here is probably not possible, because as far as the forums are concerned there always has to be a cut off point, at which a new page would be started. We may make it a bit longer though, say 25 posts per page...?

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll